Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I thought the art design for Warlords was probably the most compelling, which I know won't be the popular answer.
    The environments and set pieces of all the Draenor zones were spectacular (special shout out to the Apexis/Arakkoa stuff).
    The first raid tier of weapons and gear was excellent.
    Tanaan and HFC stuff was not great, Ill give you that.
    Oh yes, that's true! Gorgrond is beautiful, so is Talador and Shadowmoon. I always get a bit sad when I go to Draenor, I am instantly reminded of what could have been....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Although i enjoy pretty much all the art up until this expansion, TBC has a soft spot for me. I loved the vibrant colors, the otherworldly music that made me feel like i'm really on another mysterious & beautiful planet with creatures never seen before, the shiny & glowy gear that was obtainable and just the overall smoothness of the environments. Also the sky was so cool. I feel like the colors don't have the same vibrancy anymore nowadays, and i miss the really shiny, intense colored gear haha. Also regardless of all my new horses i got as a paladin, i still use my old school charger all the time, it stood the test of time so well and is still highly glorious and shiny. I like shiny.
    The holy spell school casts also were much more intense and had a big glow when you casted them, which i also would love to see back. Right now it's like a little candle light in my hands. But this already seems to get adressed next patch for my Paladin so i'll wait and see!

Besides, the artists nowadays carry the whole game in my opinion, they do an amazing job, and have influenced my own art in many ways ever since i discovered WoW. They stay true to WoW's foundational art style and character, and translate the heart and soul of the games universe so well. They don't start to diverge from the design WoW was based upon from the start, and retain respect and authenticity to the art style up until this day, which i appreciate so so much.

Unfortunately can't say for the game designers and devs, who have made the area they are responsible for in WoW something entirely different than what it seemed to be set out for from the very beginning. They heavily diverge from the original vision for WoW and seem to have decided to make a different game out of it, rather than build on it's foundations to make it an even more enjoyable version of the original. Oh well, at least i still get to look fabulous and explore awesome places on my sparkly horse. Still hoping the devs will learn from the artists success though so i can continue doing that for many years to come.
    Last edited by Miena; 2018-11-14 at 04:11 PM.

I've enjoyed the art and style of many expansions but most notably MOP, WOD and BFA. I also enjoyed the freshness of the world in Cata but now I kind of miss the old world (but will be able to see it in Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    vanilla had the best color.
    That reminds me of when graphics bugged up and i was suddenly standing in the Eastern PlagueCandylands.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was good because it was so different from anything Warcraft was used to. The whole asian theme felt like it really fit while not making it seem alien either. So I might have to go with that.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Panda Land!!!

TBC is the worst for me. I feel like the art style really didn't sell the broken waste well enough

From an artistic perspective its TBC and its not even close, with Vanilla coming in second and Wrath third.

I cannot believe how many fell for the MoP cliche Asian themes.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    TBC had the most drastic changes in adjacent zones, but it was okay since it was this new "alien" broken homeworld of the orcs.

MoP imo
    The art team really did an insane job with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP for sure, but BfA is close, looking good so far and still haven't see the 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 content...

credit where its due,mop wasnt my fave expansion but you got to admit the zones are gorgeous also bfa has to be up there.

vanilla & mop. draenor wasnt bad.

bc, legion, bfa. cata. wotlk. all meh or worse imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade - hands down.

-Music
    -Art
    -Lore
    -Gameplay
    -Armor
    -Zones and immersion
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria by far
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

For it's time? Vanilla, the zones were absolutely stunning for it's time and so much more immersive than what other mmos had to offer. I remember heading to Menethil Harbour from Ironforge and I got completely blown away with how cool Wetlands looked!

Overall? MoP, the zones are gorgeous and I feel like they actually put a whole lot of effort in to making them cohesive and sticking to a type of theme for the whole continent.

EDIT: Have to give massive credit to Nagrand though, both versions. Hands down my favourite zone!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2018-11-14 at 04:46 PM.

I agree with people that talk about vanilla (the new unexplored world), MoP (those asian themed landscapes were awesome!) and Kul Tiras / Zandalar are amazing. Also Draenor looked amazing in some zones, like shadowmoon for example. I also absolutely loved Vashjir, and i have big hopes for Azshara's domain's zone!

I think the Legion's fel green and dark landscapes are the worst, because they are so depressive, so any expansion that has them kind of loses in terms of beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I think Vanilla (not an expansion, I know) had the best art style: authentic dark fantasy, with a kiddie twist. After that, the art got too rough and "hard". It feels like anti-art now: art made to serve a purpose -- pictures, in other words -- rather than simply to be beautiful.
    Classic was not even close to dark to what was behind the scenes in Mists of Pandaria.

When it comes to art and structure, Mists of Pandaria is hands down the best one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It feels like anti-art now: art made to serve a purpose -- pictures, in other words -- rather than simply to be beautiful.

what

have you been to kul tiras? or seen the skyboxes?

also "Art made to serve a purpose" is laughable. that is -not- anti-art

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP no contest. Those zones still hold up very well. Jade forest and Vale especially are some of the most beautiful zones in the game. They really knocked it out of the park from an art direction with MoP.

I also really like Kul'Tiras but MoP still sits on top for me.

I kinda liked them all for different reasons. Except TBC which felt so boring and grey, I couldn't stand pretty much any of the zones except for Nagrand. Techno-Industrial Legion was annoying to me (thought it didn't bother me in Legion expansion because zones were pretty - except for Broken Shore, which I disliked as much as TBC).