Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    LMAO you're quoting the guy who got caught with egg on his face because he was too stupid to find the final boss in Octopath.

For the record, most sane people expect the PS5 in 2020 and did long before this announcement. Talk about captain obvious shit, 7 years is tied for 2nd longest gen with the PS3 for Sony no way they go longer.
    Not only that, but something I didn't realize until I went to the Playstation subreddit. 2020 is the 25th anniversary of the Playstation brand. Sony will want to make 2020 the year of the PS5.

I also think they took a lesson from the Switch and are going to hold over Death's Stranding, TLOUp2, and Ghost of Tsushima until 2020 and make them cross-gen titles to help boosts PS5's launch year sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, next year is the 25 anniversary since the PS1 launched in Japan in December '94.

Death Stranding probably gets confirmed for 2019 at the game awards. I doubt it's 2020 when they just said it entered polishing phase.

TLOU2 is probably late 2019. ND has never gone much more then 2 years between major releases and Lost Legacy came out in Aug 2017. This will be their Spider-Man of 2019.

Ghost of Tsushima is a who knows to me, Sucker Punch has been working on it a long time but if I had to guess I would say early 2020.

I highly doubt any of these games are saved to be cross gen for PS5 release, especially with BC being a reality again for sony.

Horizon 2 is the big launch title, and has likely always been intended to be the big launch title for PS5. GG ALWAYS has a launch window title for Sony and are generally the quickest of their studios to adapt to the new tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Death Stranding probably gets confirmed for 2019 at the game awards. I doubt it's 2020 when they just said it entered polishing phase.

TLOU2 is probably late 2019. ND has never gone much more then 2 years between major releases and Lost Legacy came out in Aug 2017. This will be their Spider-Man of 2019.

Ghost of Tsushima is a who knows to me, Sucker Punch has been working on it a long time but if I had to guess I would say early 2020.

I highly doubt any of these games are saved to be cross gen for PS5 release, especially with BC being a reality again for sony.

Horizon 2 is the big launch title, and has likely always been intended to be the big launch title for PS5. GG ALWAYS has a launch window title for Sony and are generally the quickest of their studios to adapt to the new tech.
    What you are saying just makes it weirder. Having a booth, but not having a conference is one thing, but from what their PR people are saying, Sony won't be there at all. E3 would still be a great place for people who went who aren't complete Playstation fans to get a chance to play demos of upcoming games. From my understanding, PSX would only be big for Playstation fans. Unless Sony releases some of the demos to PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    What you are saying just makes it weirder. Having a booth, but not having a conference is one thing, but from what their PR people are saying, Sony won't be there at all. E3 would still be a great place for people who went who aren't complete Playstation fans to get a chance to play demos of upcoming games. From my understanding, PSX would only be big for Playstation fans. Unless Sony releases some of the demos to PSN.
    The guy on reddit who leaked this yesterday said they are having a PSX in 2019. They want everything there instead of spreading it between shows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...p68/?context=1

There really is no difference between e3 and PSX for gamers except for the fact PSX actually is a good show for fans, and e3 is just a trade show that pretty much sucks ass if you attend without a press badge. They are both targeting the same audience, if you think there is a large portion of e3 attendees who don't own a PS system well... lol.

My opinion on the take.

Sony see's no point in paying the EA tax to setup when they can host their own event, this has been a long time coming. Also I feel this all but confirms that the PS5 is coming in 2020 and very likely they will use one of the remaining big titles to show off the difference in owning a PS4 and owning a PS5.

So IMO next year PSX will reveal the PS5 and give it a release date. Then one or two of the remaining big titles will release on PS5 to show off a (PS4 vs PS5) difference.

If I had to pick what game that would be, It would be Ghost of Tsushima. That game from what they have already shown could be a amazing tech demo to show what the PS5 can do.

I think Sony is going to play their cards really close to their vest and make sure the PS5 launch lineup isn't lackluster in the first party department.

Just my opinion tho. But I 100% feel this has something to do with PS5 dropping in 2020.

Also I fully expect from this point onward PSX will be Sony's main show.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Sony is pretty much the only reason to watch E3, well them and Devolver Digital.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they are being smart and instead of just showing new footage of already known in Development games that people wouldn't care about listening to, they would rather not just rehash this years E3 since they already have a bunch of Titles announced for 2019.

It's kind of like those years that didn't have a BlizzCon because there was nothing really big to announce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    That screams "we want our own show to control the media narrative as much as possible" so yeah i'd expect a PS5 announcement next year. Still feels fast after the decade of PS4 but announcing it next year doesnt mean its coming out next year of course. A early 2020 release would make the PS4 7 years old? that seems about right.
    Sony does have its own show. I'd say its more exciting for Sony fans as well.

RIP E3.

E3 has always been a press event to give writers something to write about for months. It lost its prestige in the day of the internet and developers putting less esteem in the conference. Then you have the companies like Bethesda who say screw the rules and release stuff just months after E3, taking away from writers who wanted to milk the hype for page counts.

RIP E3.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Sony won’t be going to E3 2019

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pl...block-33446397

The ESA--the company that organizes E3--has shared the first details about E3 2019, and Sony will not have a presence there. The publisher is notably absent from the list of companies that have already committed to the event, among them its biggest console competitors, Microsoft and Nintendo, as well as other major publishers like Take-Two, Ubisoft, Activision, and more.

Sony has confirmed it plans to skip next year's E3. "As the industry evolves, Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to look for inventive opportunities to engage the community," the company said in a statement to GameSpot. "PlayStation fans mean the world to us and we always want to innovate, think differently and experiment with new ways to delight gamers. As a result, we have decided not to participate in E3 in 2019. We are exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019 and can't wait to share our plans with you."
    That’s disappointing. Sony had one of the best shows this year.

I assume they want to pull a Blizzard and make their own "Sony Experience" convention or w/e be the premiere event for them to showcase stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I assume they want to pull a Blizzard and make their own "Sony Experience" convention or w/e be the premiere event for them to showcase stuff.
    They already have one though. They've skipped this year's too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Experience

It just means 2020 will be huge ps5 and ff7 boom take that microsoft.

In b4 armchair psychoanalysts.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    They already have one though. They've skipped this year's too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Experience
    Sure they had it, but it wasn't their largest showing of the year. It was usually where they showed lesser known 3rd party games and also hosted their funded esports events like capcom cup.

About the only real major announcement that happened at PSX was TLOU2.

If they cut out e3 entirely they can literally put all the announcements that would be at e3 there. Then it's not only a cool event for fan attendance, but also a major event for news.

The guy that leaked Sony wouldn't do e3 this year a day before they announced it also said they are doing a PSX in 2019 and want it to be huge.

Anyways, not sure why we needed a 2nd topic on this...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-17 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    In b4 armchair psychoanalysts.
    Says the person sitting at a computer analyzing how people might react?
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Sony doesn't want to use Flash Player.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That’s disappointing. Sony had one of the best shows this year.
    Sure, if your hook was to see more trailers about things we saw before or games we known to be in development for 2 years now and still over 1.5 years away, in terms of entertainment value it was almost none existent.

Point is they got nothing to show so why do a E3 in 2019, I don't need to see things like a TLOU2 trailer for the 4th time, or more Death stranding of Days Gone and for the rest they probably got nothing in development anymore for PS4 and PS5 is still too soon to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Sure, if your hook was to see more trailers about things we saw before or games we known to be in development for 2 years now and still over 1.5 years away, in terms of entertainment value it was almost none existent.

Point is they got nothing to show so why do a E3 in 2019, I don't need to see things like a TLOU2 trailer for the 4th time, or more Death stranding of Days Gone and for the rest they probably got nothing in development anymore for PS4 and PS5 is still too soon to announce.
    1) Days Gone will be released before e3, and wasn't even shown during the main show at e3 2018

2) TLOU2 has only had 2 trailers and 1 gameplay demo shown. Barely shown at all if you want to be technical but nice hyperbole bro.

3) Death Stranding, yea they have shown SO MUCH about this game we still don't even really know what it is. Totally nothing to show here /s

4) Ghost of Tsushima has only had 1 trailer and 1 gameplay demo shown again nothing to show here /s

5) MediEvil Remake hasn't even been shown at all, only announced.

The hot takes are pretty funny, they have plenty to show still they just clearly don't want to do it at e3.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-17 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could still see announcements/new trailers for PS4 games I assume. This just means they aren't spending money on renting space/stage time ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Look like they about to pull off something big probably, hope its something worth the wait I suppose.