Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...on-11611097621

Biden aims for best stock-market rally in 92 years ahead of inauguration
    - more than double Trumps bump when he was elected.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/st...on-11611161401

The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, 0.86%, the more popularly known blue-chip gauge, saw an annualized return of nearly 11.8% under Trump, versus 12.1% for Obama and 15.9% for Clinton.

Based on annualized returns for the S&P 500 SPX, 1.44%, the U.S. benchmark, Trump (+13.7%) saw the third-best performance of the 15 presidents who have served since 1929, according to Dow Jones Market Data. Trump, however, slightly trailed his immediate predecessor, Barack Obama (+13.8%). Bill Clinton (+15.2%) claims the top spot.

He did however win the Nasdaq Wars, but you might as well pick each sector and compare performance since at this point this is a TECH index.
    Trump can claim some bragging rights when it comes to the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite, which made its debut in the early 1970s. A 24.2% annualized rise is top of the list, with Jimmy Carter coming in second with a 19.6% gain.

SP500 is really the best of the 3 to compare performance

NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    Here's the thing, if trump and magaheads all considered Obama the worst president ever and worst president for the economy and stock market, then where does that place Trump??

Trump did not even beat Obama's GDP or hit 3% which he considered the benchmark for performance on the economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. It all depends on what is going on in the economy and country.

Obama saw a decrease because we were in the mist of the 2008-2009 crash.
    Bush saw an increase but only to end up leading to the crash.

Also Biden's first 100 day actions are quite an open book so its been easy for the markets to not be worried about uncertainty from the WH for the first time in 4 years.
    Yeah, wasn't sure if it was Myth or reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Stocks rise on first day of Biden presidency

I cannot think of a more fitting end to this thread.
    Can't we just rename the thread and continue it as being the stock market / economic information thread? No need to make a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Can't we just rename the thread and continue it as being the stock market / economic information thread? No need to make a new one.
    well my original post isn't really good first post for a catch all thread on the stock market/et all.

guess i could edit it if that is what people really wanted to make this a mega catch all
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

anyone see the gamestop shenanigans?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    What happened?

I saw a Reddit post about it and it was like people were speaking another language half the time as I’m not savvy on those terms. What is the layman explanation for it all?

LOL
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpx...rt-sellers-cry

“We can see that of the 79,519,042 shorted shares, 68% or 54,168,330 of all shorted shares are shorted on margin.”

So we are back to 2000's boilermaker style manipulation of low value stocks huh?
    Will be interesting to see how many fines and forfeitures of these profits will occur.

I kind of miss the old penny stock pump and dump days, just for the fact watching these people who do these kind of things lose all their money because once they have a winner they think they can repeat the process over and over. No different then an addicted gambler

Just remember for every 100 people posting about their massive returns another 9001 will lose money on the drop or because of their short position.
    Who's buying this junk at 30+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I saw a Reddit post about it and it was like people were speaking another language half the time as I’m not savvy on those terms. What is the layman explanation for it all?
    they basically get a bunch of people together on a low value, low volume stock and make it look like "something good" is going on in the stock.
    They buy a lot of a 7.00 stock @10-12-15 dollars to make it look like something is going on.

They then spread out and pump up the stock to people who are less experienced and take advantage of their greed.
    "Hey gamestop is up 50% and is going to climb another 150%"

its basically a pyramid scheme where you get people to buy in at higher prices so you can bail out with profits.

This was a little more sophisticated because they had someone who noticed the huge "margin" on shorting the stock.

Meaning a lot of people borrowed a lot of money to place bets this stock would go down.
    When it doesn't go down and shoots up that fast these people have to get out of the stock as fast as possible at whatever cost they can, driving the stock up even faster. The people who loaned them the money to "short" the stock are now calling for them to repay.
    Every dime the stock goes up the amount of money they owe on the "loan" for the short goes up

Its really a great play i have to give this group credit.

Also it serves shorts right. Shorting a stock should be illegal it creates so many fucking problems and manipulations that cost a lot of honest people money.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

well my original post isn't really good first post for a catch all thread on the stock market/et all.

guess i could edit it if that is what people really wanted to make this a mega catch all
    If the mods won't change the title, just create a new one and we'll go there for this kind of news. I have come to like this thread.

And if the mods DO change the title, then yeah changing the first post would be a good idea

LOL
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpx...rt-sellers-cry

“We can see that of the 79,519,042 shorted shares, 68% or 54,168,330 of all shorted shares are shorted on margin.”

So we are back to 2000's boilermaker style manipulation of low value stocks huh?
    Will be interesting to see how many fines and forfeitures of these profits will occur.

I kind of miss the old penny stock pump and dump days, just for the fact watching these people who do these kind of things lose all their money because once they have a winner they think they can repeat the process over and over. No different then an addicted gambler

Just remember for every 100 people posting about their massive returns another 9001 will lose money on the drop or because of their short position.
    Who's buying this junk at 30+

- - - Updated - - -

they basically get a bunch of people together on a low value, low volume stock and make it look like "something good" is going on in the stock.
    They buy a lot of a 7.00 stock @10-12-15 dollars to make it look like something is going on.

They then spread out and pump up the stock to people who are less experienced and take advantage of their greed.
    "Hey gamestop is up 50% and is going to climb another 150%"

its basically a pyramid scheme where you get people to buy in at higher prices so you can bail out with profits.

This was a little more sophisticated because they had someone who noticed the huge "margin" on shorting the stock.

Meaning a lot of people borrowed a lot of money to place bets this stock would go down.
    When it doesn't go down and shoots up that fast these people have to get out of the stock as fast as possible at whatever cost they can, driving the stock up even faster. The people who loaned them the money to "short" the stock are now calling for them to repay.
    Every dime the stock goes up the amount of money they owe on the "loan" for the short goes up

Its really a great play i have to give this group credit.

Also it serves shorts right. Shorting a stock should be illegal it creates so many fucking problems and manipulations that cost a lot of honest people money.
    Oh man, the short sellers must have traded their shares in at a Gamestop. Maybe they got $0.10 on the dollar for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Oh man, the short sellers must have traded their shares in at a Gamestop. Maybe they got $0.10 on the dollar for each one.
    many of the serious shorts will make all their money back on the collapse after the pump and dump.

its the small investor playing with shorts that get screwed.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    If the mods won't change the title, just create a new one and we'll go there for this kind of news. I have come to like this thread.

And if the mods DO change the title, then yeah changing the first post would be a good idea
    Yeah. Those pesky FAAMG stocks really messed up Zan's neat title.

Anybody notice that Apple's stock is going crazy in anticipation of earning report blowout on 01/27? Their first 100 billion plus revenue quarter. Beating their last quarter record breaking revenue of 91.8 billion.

Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) also recently released its estimates for how the iPhone 12 is performing in the U.S. The research firm believes that 56% of iPhone sales in the fourth quarter were new iPhone 12 models. The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro were the most popular models, but the 12 Mini and 12 Pro Max were still popular.

CIRP estimates that the weighted average retail price for iPhone in the fourth quarter hit a new record of $873. At the same time, adoption of Apple's growing portfolio of paid subscription services, like Apple Music and iCloud storage, continues to march higher.

"For the full quarter, the new iPhone 12 models, and in particular the most expensive ones, garnered a significant share of sales," commented CIRP co-founder Josh Lowitz.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-01-22 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Yeah. Those pesky FAAMG stocks really messed up Zan's neat title.

Anybody notice that Apple's stock is going crazy in anticipation of earning report blowout on 01/27? Their first 100 billion plus revenue quarter. Beating their last quarter record breaking revenue of 91.8 billion.
    well i mean the bull market officially was over at least once if not twice from my post.
    it never did say "over forever".

:P

135 in sept 139 today.

you'd think it would have gone a little more crazy?

PE 42/35 is a big yikes seems like its already baked into the price a few multiples over.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!