Thread: Vega 56/64

7+ Year Old Account

Vega 56/64

hello,

Newegg has the reference vega 56 for 339 with 3 games and the 64 for 399. Both are reference coolers though.. I play on a 1440p ISP Freesync monitor with a NITRO 390X.

Is it worth upgrading during this black friday sale? Nvidia 1070ti is around the same price but then I would just have a plain 1440p monitor with no adaptive sync. If that even matters?

Since returning to Wow 3 weeks ago I am seeing less and less pugs and guilds raiding on my server. So i am going to start other games like Darksiders 3 and the Resident Evil 2 remake.

what do you guys think? vega 56 reference cooler for 339 shipped, reference 64 for 399 or a few bucks more for a STRIX version of a 56 just because it looks bad ass and I like having a windowed PC case to look at the pretty lights and hardware.

thanks in advance
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend any of the Vega cards with reference cooler, unless you plan to swap it for water cooling. The reference cooler is pretty bad and loud as hell.

It's definitely worth a few bucks more for a better version.

Asus Strix Vega's are pretty poor also. You want a Powercolor Red Devil or Red Dragon, or Sapphire Pulse or Nitro+. Those 4 models are a lot better than any of the other Vega's you'll find.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that deal and jumped on it myself. Grabbed the Vega 64 Sapphire version and a Morpheus 2 to put on it when it arrives. Undervolt and then overclock it from what I've been gathering to get the best result from them.

I had been debating on grabbing a 580 or 90, or possibly a 1070ti. Really didn't want to pay the premium for 2070 or 80 after my 7950 is died after all these years. Hoping to redo the rest of my system next year when Zen 2 drops on that 7nm.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo GPU: Sapphire Vega 64 w/ Morpheus cooler
    Mobo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi ATX Ram: 4 x 16gb 3200 Gskill FlareX Case: Cosair Crystal 570X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850w SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Blue 500gb Mouse: Logitech G600