Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    I agree that it's a bit boring, but there's also a place for a boring spec as well. Personally, to me DKs played the most fun during WotLK and I felt really invested in the class fantasy. I was still surprised when they made Blood the tanking tree later, as I expected Frost to be for tanking (I mean, there's just something about the image of someone strengthening themselves using ice that makes sense). Losing two-handed as Frost also felt like it was destroying the fantasy.
    So my DK has been "meh" to play ever since then, even though I love the class conceptually. Then again, I experienced the same thing going from Vanilla to TBC with my Shaman, as I liked how Enhancement played in Vanilla, though obviously from TBC on it became more viable as a spec. And since the various expansions and prunings, I've lost basically all attachment to the class.
    Remember that we could tank/dps in any of the 3 specs? Or UH presence which reduced gcd? Or 2h/1h Frost. God it was so fun! I can't believe we went from that, to what is currently the DK... it's quite sad. Quite, quite sad indeed...

That award definitely goes to either BM or MM hunter, but I agree that frost is an empty shell compared to what it once was.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Remember that we could tank/dps in any of the 3 specs? Or UH presence which reduced gcd? Or 2h/1h Frost. God it was so fun! I can't believe we went from that, to what is currently the DK... it's quite sad. Quite, quite sad indeed...
    Yeah remenber how imbalance that thing was, dps tanking 10 ppl without heals in bgs, and doing as much damage as any class, untill they nerfed dks damage to oblivion to make up for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at DK talents, specifically Blood and Frost, I'm like 90% sure they design bad talents on purpose.

If people remember, Blood had horrible artifact traits in Legion and talents that couldn't be used at all (Soulgorge, early Tombstone). Same with BFA now; unusable talents and really bad azerite traits. There's no way these are accidents, they're doing it on purpose, probably because of base kits, but still. It's really shady development, especially since they never ever communicate with Blue posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Yeah remenber how imbalance that thing was, dps tanking 10 ppl without heals in bgs, and doing as much damage as any class, untill they nerfed dks damage to oblivion to make up for that.
    The Sartharion-3D-build was only for a very brief moment a special tank build and just comperable to LEGION's druids for most of the whole expansion, nothing spectacular really.

PvP was a bit problematic for the few months as IcyTouch-SPAM was viable, but that was only a very short time frame and things like armorpenetration stacking overshadowed anything else we every had before, nothing was even close to warriors/rogues with ArP stacking.

And things like Warriors in WoD unkillable with SecondWind dominated nearly the whole expansion in any pvp scenario till blizzard started baby nerfs when the arena proportion for the warrior class peaked close to 70% of all classes. At that point it was to late and the allways declining pvp community got a huge hit and it did never recover from the massive loss of playerbase.

Broken things like Rogue FoK group/raid oneshots from LEGION went on for 6+ months without fixing and nobody even cared anymore, since the usual broken classes (warrior/mage/rogue) just took turns and most players just gave up.

Aside from the mentioned S-3D tank build, maybe the UH festerblight snapshotting and MoP's challenge mode cheese with DK-tanking are worth mentioning. But in comparison how broken other classes were and how long those issues lasted, I would even go so far and say that the DK class was never really game braking good at anything.
    -

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when frost dk in WOTLK had really cool and timed/hard rotation .... This now is bullshit, wheelchair class
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Since 2H frost was removed I have to agree it's the most boring. I mean I do like playing it but without the huge stream of 2H OB crits it's just not amusing anymore. Not all things have to be complex to be entertaining, sometimes all it takes is big numbers.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Frost isn't so bad. Its slightly more fun then Unholy's press all these buttons at once playstyle.