So long and thanks for all the fish...

Greetings fellow Death Knights,

It is with deep, deep regret that I must say goodbye to you all. I have played a Death Knight since the inception of Death Knights to the game, my precious if you will, 20790 Cheevo points, Loremaster, Cutting Edges, AotC, etc, etc. I have never posted much here, but I have always read. Sadly I find the current state of DK's and also in the last few raid tiers to be so unplayable that the only option available was to change class or leave the game.

The class is broken, unlikely to be fixed and simply just no fun anymore. Every now and then a fix comes along and there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but the reality is so much different. I am sure that there are many out there that will have some argument against this, but again I refer you to the fact that I have been playing this class for a long time. My displeasure with the situation is not born about due to the horrible state of DK's in the current raid, but with everything that has passed over the years.

Way back we could swap quickly to Blood and help save a raid, way back we could drop a AMZ to shield a raid, way back we could hit a boss with force and vigour, not like now, a slow moving, feeble, weak and unimportant class. The list goes on......

Do not troll me, do not explain to me how I am wrong, but emancipate me, this is my cartharsis.

I have seen the light, so yes I am swapping to a Shadow Priest. I wish you all the best and I hope and pray that one day the gods of Blizzard will eventually fix that which was never broken, and bring back the Death Knights of old!!

Peace be with you all and goodbye!
    Last edited by Booradley; 2019-03-18 at 11:16 AM.

inbf closing, good luck staying away from addictive games, lol. Seriously though, the DK has been my favorite since WotLK but I kind of lost interest in Legion and after hearing things about them I didn't even start leveling it in bfa.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2019-03-18 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just DK's, class design across the board is just in the dumpster right now.
    First time I've unsubbed since launch.

Hmm, Shadow is a strange decision to switch to. While they are currently in a good place damagewise, mechanically I've heard some bad things.

And it's not as if they didn't have their ups and downs over the years.

But well, it is as Gungnir says. Class design as a whole is bad this expansion.

I have all classes as alts, but I chose the Shadow Priest because of the complexity. My favourite spec for the DK was Unholy and I felt the SPriest was in a way similar.

You'll be back

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    As khazmodan mensioned, It's not just DK, it's every class.

Warrior lost stances, druid can have abilites only in one form, Dk lost presences, shaman lost totems.. I am playing since end of TBC and classes lost so much of complexity to be friendly for every noob.

We used to have so many abilites I couldn't even bind every one of them Maybe we are just getting older and we don't like "modern" style of WoW. Or maybe game is worse with every Xpack.

I really hope I will be. I looked back through my achievements and saw that on the 12th of July, 2009, I got the "Shave and a haircut" for the DK. So nearly 10 years of playing this toon. I am the GM of our guild, that has something like 150 members, everyone knows me as the DK and it feels really starnge being on a Priest now.

As mentioned by several above and below, all classes have been messed up a bit. I accept that class changes need to be done now and then to keep interest in a class, but the Unholy spec I feel has been so mixed up that it has become unenjoyable.

We will see what the future brings.

- - - Updated - - -

At >>> Jowany.

Agree with you completely. Begs the question, "Why fix something if it's not broken?"

I started playing DK at wotlk release. Over time blizz removed fun stuff from DK, both mechanical and cosmetic (i still want that old d&d animation and cast sound back. I decided to roll DK because I saw video of it before wotlk release).

DK just didnt feel like DK anymore.

Surprisingly, I'm not raiding seriously anymore in bfa and I have been playing dk again. Since im entirely casual, its actual performance doesnt mean much to me. Mechanically I have been liking unholy a lot.

Main is DH though.

Again I completely agree with you Morae. The complexity of unholy is what made it enjoyable. In it's current form though I feel it has been overdone and you go through the process to ramp up everything, diseases, FS, etc etc and then bang a boss mechanic kicks in and it was all for nothing. So to mitigate this I found I have to stop the process, wait for mechanic to pass and then restart again. It becomes frustrating because the encounter deisgners have done a great job at finding new ways to make bosses interesting. It's just that for an Unholy DK you definately do not have instant hard hitting damage abilities.

I am not a high end raider, but our raid team does enjoy some success and we usually try to clear content on mythic. High end raiders swap and choose a toon that gives them the best chance to succeed in that raid tier. I am very attatched to my DK and it is frustrating that I now will probably miss these successes because I have swapped classes.

My guild that raids mythic and usually clears tier or nearly has one dk who plays only unholy. Apparently it has not been a problem so its doable, but I'm not aware of exact details that go into playing mythic raiding unholy dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    My guild that raids mythic and usually clears tier or nearly has one dk who plays only unholy. Apparently it has not been a problem so its doable, but I'm not aware of exact details that go into playing mythic raiding unholy dk.
    if he is geared exclusively for unholy, there's almost no way he can play frost due to needing 2x1h weapons of the same calibre as his current 2h is, and blood is out of the equation as the azerite armour for unholy is not good for blood so would be weaker than current main tanks, unholy works fine on patchwerk bosses, sucks on heavy movement fights.