Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't even close to what I said. Stop being so blinded by hate that you call anyone who doesn't agree with you a white knight. What I have been saying, and wasn't even directed at you in the first place, is that sometimes it is the players that need to change and not the system. Because they system can never please everyone and can never make you happy if you are unwilling to be happy in the first place.
    His paraphrasing of you has been spot on. Under your logic, you basically thank Blizzard for any crappy RNG system, no matter how bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hard pass from me. The toy is the only thing I didn’t get back from the ones in Legion.

Toys are less important to me than mounts, but I still think they should remove cosmetic items from the loot boxes entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got all the mounts pretty quickly in Legion, but that was mostly because I was running a ton of characters once flying was introduced and emissaries became pretty quick. Now that I'm happily playing one character again, this list just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Ill get the toys that I get, and not stress the ones that I don't I suppose.
    Lucky you, ran them on 6 chars never got one mount... the idea was one of the poorer ones for Legion imo
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    To me there the same as say the rare drop drake pets, would be nice but ultimatly not something I’ll farm.
    I agree on the toys but I'm a pet collect so it hurts a little

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightswifty View Post
    In Battle for Azeroth Patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance there are going to be 11 Toys that you can obtain as a reward from Paragon caches:

I personally don't like farming reputations 24/7 for paragon toys. If the drop chance for these toys are as low as they were for the paragon mounts/toys in Legion, then I'll probably pass on these toys. I should be happy when I get a reward, and not for the moment when "I don't have to grind reputations anymore".

I would like to see an alternative method to get them, either a currency system or making the toys BoE would be fine.

Whether or not you are a collector, how do you feel about the Paragon Toys? Will you be grinding reputations? Why/Why not?
    I don't mind. Can't demand everything easymode.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Toys can suck it. They're useless.

I don't mind. I love collecting toys, and I have both Horde and Alliance characters that I play.

However, I wish that they were Bind on Use, to keep it even with the Paragon pets.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightswifty View Post
    What does easy mode mean for you?

If you like to play the RNG machine until in turns out in your favor then good for you.
    Easymode is reputation locked, purchased, 100% drop rates, quest rewards, dungeon rewards (the non-RNG statements).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got all the mounts pretty quickly in Legion, but that was mostly because I was running a ton of characters once flying was introduced and emissaries became pretty quick. Now that I'm happily playing one character again, this list just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Ill get the toys that I get, and not stress the ones that I don't I suppose.
    Have to disagree. More alts = more chance. It doesn't make it "quicker" as the alts themselves needs to be EXALTED and the time & effort put into these setups of these characters were mind numbing. With flying, it usually takes 10-20mins per alt to finish the 4x WQ. I had about 5 alts, so it usually take 80mins to finish 4 reps per day, so I grind 6 hours per day, every day till you get the mount that you need, then it will significantly take less time for the next mount etc etc. The rep tokens missions helped out lots and I usually dump them on my human characters, coupled with WQ quest and Darkmoon festival 10% rep.

My last mount required 22 boxes, and the hypogriff and moose mount I got them when "I didn't bothered" (they just happen to drop), but I've heard horror stories of players trying >50 boxes but no mounts.

These are mine.

The reason why certain players say it is quicker is because they had RNG God smiling on them.

Last edited by torque6; 2018-12-06 at 03:33 AM.

People leap from a "oh, nice reward for continuous play" to "GRRRRR HOW WILL I EVER OBTAIN ALL OF THEM!?!?" really fast.

Why does everyone need to get everything?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    People leap from a "oh, nice reward for continuous play" to "GRRRRR HOW WILL I EVER OBTAIN ALL OF THEM!?!?" really fast.

Why does everyone need to get everything?
    Otherwise it's not a "reward for continuous play" any more...

And no, not everyone gets everything, there are things like pvp gladiator rewards or mythic raiding rewards that have a high barrier to obtain, intentionally, because they're meant to be skill-based, and especially pvp rewards top bracket of the playerbase deliberately creating cut off point so majority of less accomplished pvpers will never get it.

Rep grinding is meant to be time based, and that's ok, what's not ok, it doesn't take even remotely the same time for 2 dedicated people to obtain the same thing.

Small variance is ok. Big one breaks the correlation between "more time devoted into it equals more rewards".

For example, "the insane" and "justicar" titles are rewards for lengthy rep grinds, but for every person the grind is exactly the same.

No one says the rewards should be obtainable in a week. In the current edition of "BFA is Legion v.0.5." if you're very, very lucky, you can indeed get your stuff in a week. If you're very, very unlucky, you will never get it. How is that "a reward for continuous play", I truly don't know.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cmon I already hate doing world quests

Can someone who actually likes toys and pets please explain to me why they find them appealing?

I get the whole 'people are interested in different things' angle but I will never understand how collecting pets and toys that literally do nothing is rewarding.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    There needs to be some kind of reward from paragons, like Nymrohd said. Sure gear, azerite trader currency, resources, gold etc alone is something but it hardly makes it worth it - even if paragons are just something to get passively.

Far as I'm concerned it beats having mounts gated behind ridiculous rng so fine by me.
    Extremely tiny amount of RNG... some mounts off of bosses are 1/10,000. Paragon mounts were simple AF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What if we combined grind, randomness, AND a meaningless reward? I BET THEY'LL LOVE THAT ONE!
    If its a meaningless award then why are you complaining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Extremely tiny amount of RNG... some mounts off of bosses are 1/10,000.
    Isn't that only the Sha MOP world boss one that is such a low drop chance? Afaik all raid and dungeon mount drops are 1% (so 1:100).

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Extremely tiny amount of RNG... some mounts off of bosses are 1/10,000. Paragon mounts were simple AF
    RNG has to be assessed in the context of what it takes to trigger the opportunity. The RNG of paragon chests was utterly severe for something only offering a chance at the item per 10k rep. That's a combination of RNG with grinding that's obnoxious. They were the subject of complaint for good reason. And to use the word "simple" in trying to compare paragon chests to other RNG drops is laughable. Simple is the vast majority of WoW RNG mounts requiring just killing something. To really pursue paragon chests, unless you were extremely lucky, tended to require setting up a factory system of alts sending out order hall missions for BoA rep tokens.

Also, when you find yourself justifying anything in WoW by reference to the 1/10,000 drops (which is what, some MoP bosses and the Valentine's Day rocket?), that's a pretty good indication you're defending something bad. "Hey, look at this enormously stupid thing Blizzard did in the past, this isn't QUITE that bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Can someone who actually likes toys and pets please explain to me why they find them appealing?

I get the whole 'people are interested in different things' angle but I will never understand how collecting pets and toys that literally do nothing is rewarding.
    Arguably mounts do less. I mean, by "mounts" what people really mean is "mount skins." Outside of a tiny handful of mounts that add function (i.e. water strider, a 2-seater, auction house mounts, etc.), getting a new mount just means changing your mount's look. They do nothing. Toys, on the other hand, sometimes add an effect (there's even a few that have actually been useful), and pets of course are actually functional for pet battling.

I can understand people who think the collection tabs are overall meaningless. I have a harder time relating to people who think ONE collection tab is worthwhile, while the others add nothing. That just seems like a weirdly inconsistent approach.

In legion I got hundreds of chests and still miss one mount. And I think it's unacceptable. Mounts should be repotation reward, not a matter of luck.

About these toys I'm so happy. I don't need to do world quest anymore. Good news to me

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Toys can suck it. They're useless.
    Up until there's a cool mount or pet reward for basically maxing out them (collect 500 toys), then you'll care.

not interested in pets or toys. so its a no thanks for me
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

This seems a bit odd. When they said they weren’t gonna do more emissary mounts I figured the reason was so that people didn’t feel onligated to farm them but this seems to lead to the same result. sigh