Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rbigrq View Post
    GREAT IDEA. I agree to remove ANY contents before BFA, including LFR, arena etc
    yeah lets remove the game himself !

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Okay, i don't want gearing to be removed but the iteration right now makes me think a lot.

I got the feeling that you get "forced" to do a lot of things/content you don't want to do/enjoy doing just because it is necessary to obtain gear.

For example:
    1) Let's say you are an absolute fan rnd bgs. At some point you realize that all the others have better gear and that for an advantage. So you start doing arenas to get better gear. You don't enjoy them, you're bad at it -> you hate it and your mates hate it - everyone lost.

2) You like doing wq's only. You want to improve & progress your character. With wq you can only get to (i don't know, have to assume here) ~350. You still want to progress you character so that you get better at the content you are enjoying (wq). So you have to go to dungeons. You're bad at it -> your run is not smooth -> everybody hates it, everybody lost

Wouldn't it be a better approach if you could progress your character in the specific fields that you want to get better at?
    For example:
    1) By doing rnd bgs you progress for rnd bgs nothing else.
    2) Let the ones enjoying wq content progress as far as they want (up to 385 if you want it) by doing wq.

As soon as they step into dungeon content thier wq progress is meaningless and they hae to progress in that field.

I haven't thought that one out yet, like how would the progress part work. Maybe getting talent points for talents for that field or something like that. But thinking of it: you wouldn't have to play with people who feel forced to do that content so it might reduce toxicity?

Pls discuss
    unless you make WQ/BG/arena/... gear unusable in every other area that idea is horrible, someone just doing WQ should not be able to progress as much as the ones doing more difficult content, pve or pvp. Then if you wanna do everything you gotta have a shitload of itemsets and you'd have to progress all of them, we're back to horrible.

If you want better things get better and suck less. So you want players who put in more effort to be on par with losers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Okay, i don't want gearing to be removed but the iteration right now makes me think a lot.

I got the feeling that you get "forced" to do a lot of things/content you don't want to do/enjoy doing just because it is necessary to obtain gear.

For example:
    1) Let's say you are an absolute fan rnd bgs. At some point you realize that all the others have better gear and that for an advantage. So you start doing arenas to get better gear. You don't enjoy them, you're bad at it -> you hate it and your mates hate it - everyone lost.

2) You like doing wq's only. You want to improve & progress your character. With wq you can only get to (i don't know, have to assume here) ~350. You still want to progress you character so that you get better at the content you are enjoying (wq). So you have to go to dungeons. You're bad at it -> your run is not smooth -> everybody hates it, everybody lost

Wouldn't it be a better approach if you could progress your character in the specific fields that you want to get better at?
    For example:
    1) By doing rnd bgs you progress for rnd bgs nothing else.
    2) Let the ones enjoying wq content progress as far as they want (up to 385 if you want it) by doing wq.

As soon as they step into dungeon content thier wq progress is meaningless and they hae to progress in that field.

I haven't thought that one out yet, like how would the progress part work. Maybe getting talent points for talents for that field or something like that. But thinking of it: you wouldn't have to play with people who feel forced to do that content so it might reduce toxicity?

Pls discuss

The Game you want to play already exists.

It's called Overwatch.

Go play that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    It literally is, and has been the core part of every single online MMO-RPG ever. Level Up, Gear Up, quit when you are strong enough to have done and do everything.

If you are in it for the story, you have about 3 hours of content, and are probably better suited playing a game like Skyrim or something, where you can toggle easy mode, forget gear, and experience a story line.
    Isn't Skyrim just a "single-player MMO"? I'm not sure that's the greatest example of "If you're playing it for the story"

Maybe What Remains of Edith Finch.

But that's never been what I play an MMO for since I was a kid. When I was a child, yes I loved gear and getting it and showing it off and feeling like it was something special or meaningful. Now I tend to only play when someone asks me to play with them. It's something to do with other people. The gameplay and story are very minimal, but there's a lot to do with other people.

Though I'll give props to Blizzard on the gradual improvements they've made in storytelling and in-game cinematic design and animation over the course of this game. The whole game seems to be rated F for Family, but it does what it sets out to do decently enough I guess.

But if you're in WoW for the story, there's way more than 3 hours of content. If you're actually trying to explore all the game has to offer, it takes a dozen hours to just get through Legion. It's definitely an RPG in that sense and I've tried to digest the story in order and while levelling and it takes an extremely long time to read all that text inbetween doing the quests, finding groups for raids etc.

There is a crap ton of stuff to do in this game beyond just getting gear with stats. That's probably what makes WoW so successful I imagine.