Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Best gaming chair (for long usage)

My current cheap office chair has been broken and I desperately need a new gaming chair. I'm looking for the best gaming chair but I do not which one to choose.

I don't know if the whole "gaming chair" is a gimmick. I just need a comfortable desktop chair that will properly support my back and have a lot of ergonomic features. Can anybody recommend a chair that would suit well for this purpose? I'm not willing to spend a lot of money, max $150 on a new chair.

"Gaming Chairs" are generally crap for long periods.
    I recently got a Herman Miller Mirra 2. Lovely bit of kit.

At that price range, look for a 2nd hand Steelcase Leap or similar.
    Go for ergonomic instead of gaming chair.

I recommend DXRacer Gaming Chair. It is the most comfortable chair I have ever used.

I viewed the following youtube video before buying which help me decide which one to buy:

Definitely worth the money. Buy it.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    I wont get a special gaming chair. Get a normal office chair that fits you nicely! In my opinion everything with a "gaming" in front is way overpriced. Get a normal office chair!

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...computer+chair

Ive never owned one of these but it looks comfy, has good reviews and is reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I recommend DXRacer Gaming Chair. It is the most comfortable chair I have ever used.

I viewed the following youtube video before buying which help me decide which one to buy:

Definitely worth the money. Buy it.
    Shill.

Gaming chairs are a gimmick plus they look childish. Just get a good office chair. It depends on your budget, you can spend a lot on something like a herman miller or less on something from ikea for example. I have the ikea markus and love it.

From experience, I wouldn't get one of the racing seat gaming seats. The bolsters on the back and bottom are the most uncomfortable thing ever.

everyone's body is different, even in identical twins your posture is likely to be different, so sitting in a chair for 6+ hours the only judge on comfort you have is yourself.

i picked my chair by going to ikea and sitting on all the chairs and fucking about on them for a while. 2nd from cheapest ended up being the most comfortable to me. more money doesn't necessarily mean more comfort. -- though a year on i do keep meaning to get myself some upholstery foam and make myself a new seat cushion. this one isn't 100% useless but it is on its way~

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend getting a cheap reconditioned office chair from 2nd hand furniture shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

Ive never owned one of these but it looks comfy, has good reviews and is reasonably priced.
    I bought these for my entire office staff.. after replacing the standard every day office char. They are/were a big hit, I sit in one at my desk at home and at the office.. THey look nice and professional. Go well in a Home office environment.

They are good chairs that will last several years assuming you are not a large heavy person.
    Some of the heavier employees at the office will go through them about 1 year - 2 years of continuous use... .. But They like them and for the the price just order a new one..

They begin to squeak and "loosen up " over time but if you go back through and re-tighten the screws etc They are really solid..

Personally I really like the cushy arm rests as opposed to the hard rubber ones, they offer good back support for those who like to sit up straight and you can "slouch" in them as well.

Over all for the price you get more than what you pay for, which was really surprising to me. I recommend it if you are going to be using it for a office chair/gaming chair and plan to sit in it for more than 3- 4 hours. Like everything just be sure to get up and walk around to keep that blood circulating.

Chairs are honestly preference based. Go to a office store or any store for that matter that have floor models of chairs you can sit your ass in to test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drgains View Post
    My current cheap office chair has been broken and I desperately need a new gaming chair. I'm looking for the best gaming chair but I do not which one to choose.

I don't know if the whole "gaming chair" is a gimmick. I just need a comfortable desktop chair that will properly support my back and have a lot of ergonomic features. Can anybody recommend a chair that would suit well for this purpose? I'm not willing to spend a lot of money, max $150 on a new chair.
    There's no such thing as a 'gaming chair'. With that said, if you're sitting most of the day - do your back a favor because nothing is worse than having lower back pain by the time you're in your mid 20's. Check out stuff from Herman Miller and Steelcase. A quality chair will last you a long time (you'll save money in the long run).

I recently purchased an aeron and I couldn't be happier.

Some recommendations

HM - Embody (most expensive option)
    HM - Aeron
    HM - Mirra 2 (cheaper option)

Steelcase - Leap
    Steelcase - Think

All Herman Miller products come with a 12 year warranty btw. Not too sure about steelcase though.

Also try to go to a shop and sit in the chair for 30+ minutes before buying.
    I sat in Aeron's for years at an old workplace and found the front of the seat digs into the back of the knees. (Many different adjustments)

So for me the Mirra 2 just feels better for my body shape.

You may find Steelcase etc fit better.
    I wanted mesh seat though as it can get warm in summer and I'm generally a warm person so mesh seat = amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not recommend a gaming chair. As they are prone to uncomfortable and of poor build quality. I recently purchased a Herman Miller Embody. If you have the 2 grand to fork over. Id HIGHLY recommend it. It like sitting on clouds. And it looks cooler than any other gaming chair.

But every body is different. See if you have a "Relax the back" around where you live. And go try out and demo some ergonomic chairs.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Deleted
    Hey man, I was just looking for a new gaming chair a couple of days ago. Found this article here . Don't know if I can even link, seeing as it's a new account, but should be on the frontpage of Progamerreview.com :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MalfTM View Post
    Hey man, I was just looking for a new gaming chair a couple of days ago. Found this article here . Don't know if I can even link, seeing as it's a new account, but should be on the frontpage of Progamerreview.com :-)
    http://progamerreview.com/best-gaming-chair/

Here's the direct link. Funny thing about that, the second chair on the list, the "High-Back Executive Chair – Black", is the exact chair we got for my wife a couple years ago. Not a gaming chair, obviously, but she loves it. My chair is also an office chair, though not a high backed executive one. We have both had our chairs for about 8 years now and neither are showing signs of wear or discomfort. Nice office chairs are the way to go in my experience. Not only are they quite often much cheaper than "gaming chairs" they tend to be much more comfortable and last longer.

Now not saying this is true of all gaming chairs, as there are obviously some out there that do the same thing and are very high quality, but it seems as though most gaming chairs are designed for looks. Most office chairs are designed for productivity. If you can keep a person comfortable sitting for 8 hours a day, they will be more productive. That translates directly to gaming. If I can stay comfortable in a chair for a 4-6 hour gaming session, I'm golden. If I even get that much uninterrupted time to game anymore, which I don't.

As some other have said, "gaming" chairs are usually more hype than anything else, and really aren't THAT great quality for the price.

I would recommend getting a commercial grade office chair (Hermon Miller/Steel Case etc...). They are designed for long sitting periods and are usually much more adjustable and better for your posture, plus are designed to last YEARS and are exceptionally durable.

In all honesty I would check craiglist, I ended up getting a Hermon Miller Aeron chair from office that was going out of business I was able to pick up the "exectuive" version with all the additional adjustment options and additional lumbar support (I would take or leave the lumbar support though). The chair is normally $1000 + new, and I picked it up for ~300 (it was either 300 or 350 I can't remember), it has lasted me for 5 years now and looks and feels brand new still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

I bet the man in the picture isn't holding that posture all day long.

The problem with those chairs is they either roll roll backwards or they have a wonky tilt mechanism and encourage slumping. Another problem is the padding isn't enough so unless you have a nice fat ass, you start to feel the studs on your rear end.

If you're willing to pay extra then noble chairs are excellent. I plan to get one once this officeworks (standard cheap office) chair dies, as they do every 2 years or so.

I'd rather put the money into something that'll last then have to replace the same chair every 2 years, as is my current situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    If you're willing to pay extra then noble chairs are excellent. I plan to get one once this officeworks (standard cheap office) chair dies, as they do every 2 years or so.

I'd rather put the money into something that'll last then have to replace the same chair every 2 years, as is my current situation.
    Where's the lumbar support? Sry, I wouldn't fall for that hype.