Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Graphic card questions

Hello!

I will be changing my computer in 5 months, but my current one is very laggy and weak. The biggest problem is my graphic card. These 20fps make me sick.

I don't want to invest any big money at this moment. It's just not worth it.

So I'd like to ask if Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile 2GB GDDR5 64bit will be able to handle any game? I am manly wow/lol player and graphic program user. My current is GT 520 so well... more than 10 years haha.

I literally know nothing about computer building tbh.

I think I should paste my current spec as well uh.

Thank you for time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend either a 1050ti, or 1060 if you wanna stick with Nvidia. Anything lower than the x50 series is really only useful for the display outs rather than their gaming power.

It all comes down to your budget though

WoW or LoL are not exactly graphically difficult. A 1030 COULD do the trick provided you make sure to get the GDDR5 version and avoid the DDR4 version. Your CPU is probably going to be a big limiting factor, however. What do you have?

Buy a 1050ti and that's the bare minimum. What about your other specs?

Deleted
    Thank you for all answers.

I am going to check all once I get home. I will post my current specs too. Tbh, I think that I won't be even able to install any card with my specs. I remember when I asked blizz support to help. I have problem with current full screen windowed. I lost 10 fps due to it. It's a lot with my current 25. They were like 'but these specs are just too deep below". I mean. I am able to do high pluses and 2/3/9 raids with 20 fps, but it's not comfortable.

I am EU. I don't want to invest more than 500 PLN (120 €, but i don't think it's viable exchange since for 700 PLN I can get very good card ). How I said before. I am buying whole new.computer in May. I don't want to invest such money in something I won't use. I am planning to buy SSD to let my computer take some breath tho.

Edit. 1030 seems have perfect price to me tho. I can always sell it later for cheap. Only if it will be even usable in my oldie.

Is Intel Pentium G4560 3,5GHz ok?
    Last edited by mmoca86614b658; 2019-01-10 at 04:38 PM.

if you check the reviews about GT 1030 on the YT, ppl mostly agree that its the worst card Nvidia put out in a decade

if you need something for 5 months only, maybe check out used ones on ebay, you can find in your price range used RX 570 4gb that miners are getting rid of, or maybe go one gen earlier and take GTX 970 4gb, or even further in past, one of best money to power cards that still do pretty good GTX 750Ti 2gb.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it just needs to last for a couple months, buy used. a 750ti or 950ti will both outperform the 1030 fairly handily, and should be available for cheap used.

As for the G4560: Depends what you want to use it for really

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MangoTango View Post
    You'll get pretty decent FPS in WoW with a GT 1030. It's not a good card but it's still a tremendous upgrade over a GT 520.

Kinda funny that you call the GTX 750Ti "pretty good" and it's like 5-10% better than the GT 1030 in all these video benchmarks I'm looking at
    Because they're dirt fucking cheap, and are still 10% better

Quote Originally Posted by Lapachka View Post

I am EU. I don't want to invest more than 500 PLN (120 €)

Edit. 1030 seems have perfect price to me tho. I can always sell it later for cheap. Only if it will be even usable in my oldie.

Is Intel Pentium G4560 3,5GHz ok?
    Since you're in Poland, you can cheaply order on Amazon.de (something like Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB for 90€) or Ebay.de (something like Asus Strix GTX 960 4GB for 91€). Those prices don't include delivery, but if my country can get shipping from Germany for 5-12€, Poland should definitely as well.

A 1030 is not a good choice, ever, perfect price or not. Since there are much better options for less. The two cards I linked are so much better, even though they're technically older cards. But the GT 1030 is simply not a good card.

Deleted
    I am asking because I don't think my current CPU will handle any upgrade. I am afraid that I will buy something I can't use. I will try to show my computer to professionals, but I need to know what I want to use and what to ask about. ^^

I am back home. Here's my current specs. Literally everything here is to upgrade, but how I said before. I just want to make it comfortable to use for next 5 months even on lowest settings with cheap price.

And back to ask for what I need CPU for. I am only playing WoW and LoL. Sometimes I will open Skyrim. I am using my computer for art too. SAI and Photoshop and a second one is crying a lot about too low graphic card and errors.

CPU is 2x Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2666 MHz
    Graphic card is GeForce GT 220
    EVEREST can't find info about motherboard and BIOS

Ohh. And my card is 220 so even WORSE. I forgot that 520 was in notebook which died. Woah.

And about GT 1030. How I said before, I know literally nothing about computers and upgrades. ^^ So when someone said it's okay.. it will be okay for me too. Especially if price is nice. xD

Thank you. I will check amazon.de. If I am correct for my country it's 5€ delivery. I am amazed also that this card is almost half of price cheaper there.
    Ah, my German is awful.

And what is actual diffrence between 1,5 and 2gb? In Poland I am mostly finding 1,5 ver of these cards.

Edit. Someone is selling a full computer due to their journey with price I'd get bouth cpu and graphic card.

Motherboard MSI 7681 v3.2
    Graphic card Gtx 750Ti
    CPU Intel® Core™ i5-2500.
    2x4GB RAM DDR3 1600MHZ.
    Disc: 250GB Samsung hm250hi ATA.
    Power supply FSP Fortron 500-60 APN 500W

Is it worth?
    Last edited by mmoca86614b658; 2019-01-10 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Info

I am asking because I don't think my current CPU will handle any upgrade. I am afraid that I will buy something I can't use. I will try to show my computer to professionals, but I need to know what I want to use and what to ask about. ^^

I am back home. Here's my current specs. Literally everything here is to upgrade, but how I said before. I just want to make it comfortable to use for next 5 months even on lowest settings with cheap price.

And back to ask for what I need CPU for. I am only playing WoW and LoL. Sometimes I will open Skyrim. I am using my computer for art too. SAI and Photoshop and a second one is crying a lot about too low graphic card and errors.

Ohh. And my card is 220 so even WORSE. I forgot that 520 was in notebook which died. Woah.

And about GT 1030. How I said before, I know literally nothing about computers and upgrades. ^^ So when someone said it's okay.. it will be okay for me too. Especially if price is nice. xD

Thank you. I will check amazon.de. If I am correct for my country it's 5€ delivery. I am amazed also that this card is almost half of price cheaper there.
    Ah, my German is awful.

And what is actual diffrence between 1,5 and 2gb? In Poland I am mostly finding 1,5 ver of these cards.

Edit. Someone is selling a full computer due to their journey with price I'd get bouth cpu and graphic card.

Graphic card Gtx 750Ti
    2x4GB RAM DDR3 1600MHZ.

Is it worth?
    Even with that computer being as old as it is, it's a giant leap from what you have.

GT 1030 is a joke of a card. DO NOT BUY IT.

1060 6GB, AMD 570, AMD 580, 2060 or better. This will give you some longevity that you can port to your new PC.

Deleted
    Thank you. I will avoid gt 1030 in the future then. ^^

About this computer.. yes. Tbh everything will be a leap hah. : p I am just curious if it will be able to handle WoW on more than 15 fps on lowest.

A more powerful GPU increases FPS for sure but if you have an old slow CPU, then that also impacts FPS as it could bottleneck the data from the CPU to the GPU.

I'm currently running a I7 2600K which isn't hugely different than your 2500. I was running a GTX 970 and just recently upgraded to a Vega 64. With your 2500, adding a better GPU will have a substantial increase on your FPS.

Like I said, I would purchase a 1060 6GB (not 3GB), AMD 580/590, 1070, 2060 or better (whichever you can afford). All these cards will give you a noticeable bump in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    A more powerful GPU increases FPS for sure but if you have an old slow CPU, then that also impacts FPS as it could bottleneck the data from the CPU to the GPU.

I'm currently running a I7 2600K which isn't hugely different than your 2500. I was running a GTX 970 and just recently upgraded to a Vega 64. With your 2500, adding a better GPU will have a substantial increase on your FPS.

Like I said, I would purchase a 1060 6GB (not 3GB), AMD 580/590, 1070, 2060 or better (whichever you can afford). All these cards will give you a noticeable bump in performance.
    He's not running a 2500, that's the pc he's looking at buying, his is the one listed above with 2 intel pentium iii xeons

Thank you. I will avoid gt 1030 in the future then. ^^

About this computer.. yes. Tbh everything will be a leap hah. : p I am just curious if it will be able to handle WoW on more than 15 fps on lowest.
    That PC you linked will absolutely handle WoW at much more than 15fps, you'll be able to smoothly play at medium to medium-high settings.

Deleted
    This. ^

I am planning to contact this guy who is selling computer I think. This is why I would love to know if Intel® Core™ i5-2500 + Gtx 750Ti have any chance. I need only something for more comfortable work for next 5 months. : D

EDIT. Thank you so much ^^ I will contact him
    Last edited by mmoca86614b658; 2019-01-10 at 07:00 PM. Reason: info

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder if that Power Supply is up to the task, kinda scary.

Looks like a cheap thing

Deleted

Info

I can always buy power supply? I think.
    Last edited by mmoca86614b658; 2019-01-10 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Sup

10+ Year Old Account
    Even that new one you're looking at is.. Well, old. I'd suggest at least a better PSU, and an SSD in it, but other than that, it should be able to handle 720p gaming at mid-high, or 1080p at low-mid.

Depends on your budget and what you're paying for it

Ah, my German is awful.

Graphic card Gtx 750Ti
    2x4GB RAM DDR3 1600MHZ.

Is it worth?
    uhh mate, graphic card is the least of your problem
    if your MBO supports at least first gen PCi-E, with any of the 2010+ cards you will not gain much difference. Your CPU will bottleneck it. Even thou PIII Xeons are great Intel products, they are so early 2000s

it's simply not useful to spend money to try put some more power in it since you can't get much more out of your rig.....

now that i5-2500 rig, if you can get it whole case for a decent price, that has way more options to make it more powerful.

2nd gen Intel lineup are pretty good, i5-2500 is 4 core 4 threads, base clock 3.3ghz, too bad its not a K version cuz they can easily be overclocked to 4ghz, but 3.3 with a turbo boost is pretty fine.

and than putting some newer and fair priced GFX like 580 or 1060 can make a big difference. 8 gig of ram is fine, putting more wont make a difference in gaming, maybe if you use Photoshop a lot, but overall 8 gig is fine.

New disk for sure, 250gb ran its time prolly, so new 250 ssd, plus some cheaper disk for storage.

and than you have a rig that can even make you think twice about maybe prolonging that 5 month plan and save some more money and maybe in a year buy some 2000€ beast that will serve you for next 5+ years