Thumbs up "Lull" now is smarter and better than lull later.

Unpopular opinion: Frontloading a bit of a " lull" in BFA was really smart if it cuts into the length of the lull at the end of the expansion. Think of all that dropped with 8.0: Two different stories, 6 zones, multiple reps to fill out (might not be "content" to everyone, but it's something relevant to do whether you like it or not) , two allied races, island expeditions, a warfront, all the dungeons we got, one raid, most of the war campaign, and more. You may say "duh, it was an expansion drop, if we didn't get all that it's a fail expansion," but that truckload is allowed to have its time to breathe before we get another patch. I stand by my thought that for all of their "declare your allegiance," you really are doing yourself a disservice (and potentially not "playing as intended" in the devs' eyes, again my opinion) if you don't play both stories out. I just finished capping out the last of the horde specific reps last week (my main-main is alliance, he's done them all), and I've been an "every day" player making good use of my time since launch. Now if we still get a noteworthy quiet period between 8.Whatever and 9.0, ok, less awesome, but if dragging out the distance between launch and season 2 was done in order to better manage "quiet time" and not have it all packed at the end, I think it was the right decision.

As an aside: Leaving shamans apparently in a "don't bother" state for 4 months, that's less cool, but again I argue that the finer points of class balance really, reeeeaaally only matter at the upper end. Every class is "good enough" right now to play in most of the game, and those that play the upper end are going to min/max and bench cruelly no matter what classes look like what, and those that are committed to the upper end are prepared to do what must be done to be those people in those places.

Deleted
    It was absolutely brilliant A stroke of genius on Blizzards part. The mood of the players has never been better as a result. Promote the men/women responsible!

Deleted
    No.

A lot of the people that were disappointed after a few weeks will probably never come back.

Deleted
    OP, are you high?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Disagree completely. A lull at the end is better when the player can take full advantage of all the content and updates available to them. I enjoyed the Legion end-of-expansion lull more than I enjoyed BfA's early expansion one.

Not to mention that first impressions are extremely important for games. Lose people this early and you might not get them back.

We're gonna have both.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    We're gonna have both.
    Beat me to it.
    Kupo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wtf means Lull ?

Your thesis presumes there wont ALSO be a lull at the end of the xpac.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Lull means boring / free time; OP is attributing it to the end of expansion content draught. He means to say that we're having the drought now and we won't later

Spoiler: We will.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I totally agree with you, OP.

I've said it in another thread today, that I'd rather have the new raid release in mid February instead of mid January.

By the time the zandalar raid opens, uldir will only be 4.5 months old (which is already 2 weeks longer than EN) which is 1 month less than the usual duration of a legion raid.

People always complain about content droughts (longer than 6 months). So, when we space out the patches early on, we'll have a shorter last tier, which means less drought and faster (between last patch and pre-patch) expac releases. IMO legion patch spacing was TOO FAST. 14-16 weeks per patch would have been much better.

OMEGALUL if you think there wont be a drought later on too.