Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Some real A grade scum in here holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    To not be trusting of people online and in general. Looks like a big failure on the parents for not preparing him for life, they even said how lucky it was it took this long so they knew something like this would happen and instead of teaching and preparing him for it they just wait and did a go fund me...
    Yup. It's really crappy parenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very sad thing, but I blame the mom. Someone with a mental disability should not be able to spend that kind of money unsupervised. Not to say everyone with a mental disability is not capable to handle their own money, but in this case it seems that he shouldn't be in charge of such decisions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You obviously have never met someone with his kind of autism.
    Well, the fact being that after the parents explained to him that he was scammed, and he understood it. He is not as dense as people would like to portray him. Keeping someone in a bubble of fluffy clouds and rainbows does no one any good.

If the parents had properly explained and reinforced the explaination, then this may have been most likely been avoided.

Also, if he is so incapable, why do the parents give him unsupervised access to buy shit himself?

This is 100% the parents fault. It is unfortunate, but people take advantage of other people all the time. Thats life, take it or leave it.

Unfortunate that it happened to him but Blizzard does have tips which some are just outright stupid but some can be positive like this one "Never give another player your account information. " which he should have followed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have many questions here.

#1 Who still plays BFA?

#2 How did an "Autistic teen" have access to £1,400?

#3 How did this "Autistic teen" pay the £1,400? If it's on credit card you can just dispute the charges and get the money back.

This just looks like a reason to start a GoFundMe to make some extra money.

Over 2200 pounds now, there should have really been a limit on this, it's one thing to "restore his faith in humanity" and another to make enough to pay for his mom to go on vacation.

While this is a pretty disgusting thing to do, is society expected to babysit everybody who makes mistakes? If so I'd like to get the money I got scammed out of back when I was 15.

Deleted
    Mom probably has an addiction and blew trough the household funds. Now tries to get it back with a sob story.
    No1 in their right mind would have a kid this autistic and let him spend 1400 without some sort of parental control.

Fuck, our whole economy runs on scamming people. Selling products for prices they are not worth and fine lines in contracts.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2018-12-08 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parenting fail tbh, how did he manage to send so much money without them noticing, if he really was that autistic you would think he would be watched more carefully.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Parenting fail tbh, how did he manage to send so much money without them noticing, if he really was that autistic you would think he would be watched more carefully.
    Parenting fail? The "boy" in question is 19 years old. i guess this makes you an adult in GB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What is there even to buy with 1400?
    Mounts, pets, tokens, need I really list it all?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    And then his mother uses the event to get money through gofundme with a sob story

Ironic
    you miss the point... She did it to show him that not all People are Assholes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Parenting fail? The "boy" in question is 19 years old. i guess this makes you an adult in GB.
    hes an autistic kid that lives with his parents, even when hes 19
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

A lot of unsympathetic people in here.

Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    you miss the point... She did it to show him that not all People are Assholes
    she did it to get money;while pretending it's to show him that not all people are assholes;while being an asshole herself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    ...You're a babysitter and therefore an expert on the responsibilities parents of special needs children face?
    No, I wasnt a babysitter.
    No, I'm not an expert, but I do have an informed opinion based on many years of experience. Again, extreme black and white much?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    And then his mother uses the event to get money through gofundme with a sob story

Ironic
    Well, gotta keep the scam going.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    What a cheap lesson. I can't say I approve of his parents shielding him from the ugly side of people for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    i wouldnt call a 19 year old a teen. Thats a young adult. Time to grow up. World isnt a nice place. Better to learn young.
    Nineteen.

Nope, that definitely has teen in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I'd monitor my autistic kid..
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined