Cool Mueller and the Justice League exempt from Government Shutdown

Sucks for you Trumpkins. The lights are staying down in the Justice League Watchtower as they close in on your illegitimate President and his criminal enterprise.

Since Go Fund Me's to finance things we all desperately want to happen seems to be the rage nowdays, maybe we should start one for America's Real Superhero squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Since Go Fund Me's to finance things we all desperately want to happen seems to be the rage nowdays, maybe we should start one for America's Real Superhero squad?
    Why? Says right there that they still have funding. Unless I misunderstood.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Pretty sure they got all the funding they need from Paul Manafort

Thank goodness, we need them now more than ever.

Sucks for you Trumpkins. The lights are staying down in the Justice League Watchtower as they close in on your illegitimate President and his criminal enterprise.
    Illegitimate how?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why? Says right there that they still have funding. Unless I misunderstood.
    Whittaker and Barr both feel that the investigation has overreached. While closing it down might seem like more Obstruction of Justice, Barr is already on record vis a vis an op ed he wrote in 2017 about how to slowly shut down the investigation by cutting off the funding.

That won't happen now, because the moment after they try that low-brow bullshit, Pelosi will fund it through the House.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Rofl - that guy was a great funding source. I bet he cries himself to sleep every night with all the money he lost. Should have just stayed in Russia with the Pee Suite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I was just gonna say that, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be willing to bet they'd just keep going even if they wern't being payed just to flip him the bird. Sucks that Trumps new lapdog AG gets the final say that whatever will be in the final report will be seen publicly.

Like 75% of the government is already funded, I don't get all of the fuzz about the government shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Illegitimate how?
    Can you read? Can you think critically? I already know the answer to that but I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intersectional Gringo View Post
    Like 75% of the government is already funded, I don't get all of the fuzz about the government shutdown.
    I went to work and my boss said on 75% of the payday was funded I'd take my ass home.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I went to work and my boss said on 75% of the payday was funded I'd take my ass home.
    Yep, they keep saying "people like TSA employees will have to work without pay". I wouldn't work without pay. Without pay...my ass stays home (I don't work for the government so it's not an issue for me but still). They should just not show up.

Trump probably thinks if he "shuts down the government" there will be anarchy and it will also stop Mueller, which the smart people know is obviously false.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Actually you would get 100% just later. And B. no you wouldn't, you would take your ass to work like a good boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illegitimate how?
    I'm sorry, I know going through life without eyes must be difficult.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Illegitimate how?
    Because it was supposed to be princess playmate Hillary Clinton who should have been president :'( and Rawsian hax0rs made people vote differently!!!111

Illegitimate how?
    How is sticking your fingers in your ears yelling "I CANT HEAR YOU" with your eyes squeezed shut working for you as you worship the Felon in Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Because it was supposed to be princess playmate Hillary Clinton who should have been president :'( and Rawsian hax0rs made people vote differently!!!111
    I'll just quote myself from another thread over the summer.

It's entirely clear at this point Trump is illegitimate. If you don't accept that the manner in which he won his election rendered him illegitimate, his behavior in office has made him illegitimate.

This is the standard by which the United States has held other countries to for decades. And if we apply it to other countries, we have the moral obligation apply it to ourselves as well. We are not above our own standards.

We have seen before elsewhere politicians win elections, and then in office, abuse their power, commit crimes and undermine institutions - all things Trump has done. We have then declared them illegitimate by virtue of their conduct in office.

Donald Trump has lost legitimacy on the following grounds:
    -Sympathizing with Neo Nazis in Charlottesville. He surrendered the Presidency's moral authority.
    -Daily outright lies on topics big and small, numbering in the thousands at this point. Numbering over 10 per day according to trackers.
    -Attempted attacks on the press, the rule of law and national institutions
    -Weaponizing family separations as a means of disincentivizing illegal immigration. This was both domestically illegal and international considered a human rights violation and done on his orders.
    -Actively leading the cover-up of the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting, which was about collusion, and lying to the American people about the intent of the meeting for a year over it.
    -Continuing to lie about his role in the Stormy Daniels coverup in late 2016, despite the fact that his involvement is now a matter of legal fact thanks to Cohen's guilty plea.
    -Firing Sally Yates, James Comey, and stripping Brennan's security clearance on political grounds rather than wrongdoing on Brennan's part.
    -Ongoing violations of the Emoluments Clause, as is being litigated at the present.

These actions make Donald Trump illegitimate. Winning an election bestows legitimacy. Using the power of any office for ends not in the national interest takes away that legitimacy.

Tell me, how is the year that Donald Trump lies about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting in the national interest?
    Tell me, how is Trump committing a human rights violation by weaponizing family separations in the national interest?
    Tell me, how is stripping Brennan's security clearance because he said not nice things about Trump in the national interest?

These are all abuses of power and abuses of the public trust. Even if you completely ignore the fact that how he won the Presidency renders him illegitimate, it is inescapable: how he has acted since he became President has stripped of of that legitimacy.
    And keep in mind, since august, more has come to light and more has happened to drive home his illegitimacy even further.

I did not declare him illegitimate until he revealed classified information to the Russian foreign minister and Ambassador in the oval office in a ridiculous attempt to impress them. That was May 2017. I did not start using the world regularly until Charlottesville, when he laid down the moral authority of the Presidency and it became clear he was acting as the President of a tiny handful of Americans and their crazed values, but far from all Americans and our values which he does not share.

Trump won the electoral college. That made him President. That is the process. He forfeited his legitimacy through his behavior. Not even on policy grounds. I disagreed with so many things Obama did but I never declared him illegitimate. Trump, unlike Obama, does not act in the national interest and must be removed from office.

You know what else is exempt from the government shutdown?

Congress's salaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.