Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Between the elixir and using parts of mercenary mode in the next raid, it definitely feels like they're considering allowing more cross-faction play, which is great.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Finally got rid of some of this stupidity. Alas, maybe gone will be the days of Panda's forgetting their native language the second they step through the portal and blood elves forgetting they used to know the common language of the humans... before they changed their names.

The barrier has been dead for years. Starting when we used to throw Tol Borad for each other for mucho honor, and finally when we got battlenet friend system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this early April's Fool's day?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

For the hordiance?

Deleted
    Keep everything as is, but let me raid with my Horde friends... That's all I want, factionless raiding. Give them a freaking 'Human Illusion' or whatever to make them fit in the story or something, but just let me play with my friends on both factions.

I live the notion of "they can understand each other, so factions are dead. That's like saying ww2 only happened because noone spoke German except their allies. Shit they could allow cross faction groups right now and be fine even with the faction war, it's not like the player has ever been in strict adherence to faction law.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Keep everything as is, but let me raid with my Horde friends... That's all I want, factionless raiding. Give them a freaking 'Human Illusion' or whatever to make them fit in the story or something, but just let me play with my friends on both factions.
    Don't even need illusions, with exception to maybe the a few raids they have all been pretty open to "hey....let's worry less about Zug Zug and more about that giant planet sized death good over there"
    Last edited by Scottyjscizzle; 2018-12-18 at 11:04 AM.

You could always communicate with the other faction through emotes.

I'm not sure that this is any indication that they'll do away with factions - though I wouldn't care if they did away with separate factions altogether.

There have been addons to communicate to the opposite faction, and as we all should know by now, it was bugged out recently by Blizzard, and they can't fix the functionality. That seems a bit odd to me, I'll admit, but there are plenty of bugs that have taken them a long time to fix (the Bronze Whelp was bugged from Vanilla to WoD, for instance). They added the elixir because they screwed up the functionality of the addons. Besides that, in recent years Pandaren, Demon Hunters, and now Void/Blood Elves can communicate across enemy lines. I've only seen people do that a couple times - but I'm not one to sit around in places where people can stand and chat openly often. Between the previous addons and recent races/classes, it's not a new concept.

The elixir was actually in the game's files since Vanilla as confirmed by Jeremy Feasel, but they never put it on a vendor (or enabled its use) until now. Just a fun little piece of trivia, as well. So, at one point, they always intended to add this.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Between the elixir and using parts of mercenary mode in the next raid, it definitely feels like they're considering allowing more cross-faction play, which is great.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they merge the factions next expansion and PvP would be just mercenaries vs mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they merge the factions next expansion and PvP would be just mercenaries vs mercenaries.
    That's essentially what RBGs are already and mercenary mode exists too, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. It also makes sense to have one last big faction conflict to sort out grudges and such to set it up lorewise.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Fucking good, factions are stupid and only serve to split the population. Would be nice if they could deiwgn without worrying about one side getting butthurt because they see it as "favoritism"
    If that were to happend, humans and elves will zerg the wow population, literally only a few people wants to play a orc or troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    If that were to happend, humans and elves will zerg the wow population, literally only a few people wants to play a orc or troll
    So....like it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    So....like it is now?
    Worse, at least orcs are the second most played faction from the horde, now with humans why would you even bother with then? That is why I am against the elven fest that most of the people try to push for allied races
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    This, retail is for participation trophy casuals
    Weren't 40-man raids tuned so that you only needed half of you to be vaguely competent so that you could bring along friends who were garbage?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post

snip

eh it's mostly because they broke an addon that allowed RP'ers to communicate cross faction. and that is who will probably make the most of this potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Thank god classic is coming.

Retail is pretty much dead for me, the game has moved so far away from its roots
    It’s possible that this is precisely why classic comes *now*, because they are about to take a step that many nostalgic “purists” find too far! I *want* you to have classic so that “retail” can be free to be no longer bound by nostalgia and antiquated design concepts like the faction conflict as a hardline separation of players!

I’m rooting for you getting your snapshot of the past so that WoW can move into the future!

Blizzard has slowly wormed their way in removing the barriers for cross-faction everything. It's what they'll have to do anyways in the future, as it will also help queue times for both leveling and end-game... I wouldn't be shocked if a major feature this expansion is literally cross-faction queueing. Maybe not grouping manually just yet, but automatic grouping? Yeah, I can see it.

The factions should remain but the barriers to playing casually with friends should be gone. We have separated questing, zones, let alone different tales to tell for a reason - you can still act like your character is part of one faction but play with friends out of character. It's pretty silly to have everything restricted in this MMO climate of today, it's something that makes sense in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    This, retail is for participation trophy casuals
    and im guessing you are one of the people that is die hard classic fan that wants just better quality of life changes in classic which therefore......doesnt make it classic....

People are really putting too much thought into this. It's a language and last time I checked, WoW is attempting to hold onto it's RPG status. Well, learning languages seems to be a pretty good idea be it your own allies or enemies.

That being said... I'm so effing glad Classic is coming out. Not because I'm going to play it, but because I'll hopefully hear far less from these Classic WoW blowhards that try to shove Vanilla into every goddamn topic they can.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

When the divide between horde and alliance disappears, so will my subscription fee.