Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Some of the best devs are working on mobile, and the rest are split on other projects? Maybe Diablo 4 and a few stragglers left on WoW, but that is obvious because: BfA.

People are dicks most of the time, calling it like you see it isn't great for any company and any respectable company would fire an employee who did this. There are many ways to deal with people that doesn't involve name calling.

If you can't answer a question, don't talk for 3 minutes about shit that has nothing to do with the question.
    Eh not for that one thing.

If he did it on a repeat basis and aimed more at the community then yeah a caution/final warning/firing would be on the table.

Tseric did it continuously so that's why he was fired. And at the community. (Old CM).

But yeah most of their good devs working on mobile kind of worries me a little. I have no desire to play a game on my damn phone. If I want to play a game then I want to play it on my PC or console.

It doesn't matter how good the mobile games are. Blizzards primary market especially at Blizzcon was PC/Console gamers. Did they really think announcing Immortal and only that would go down well for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh not for that one thing.

If he did it on a repeat basis and aimed more at the community then yeah a caution/final warning/firing would be on the table.

Tseric did it continuously so that's why he was fired. And at the community. (Old CM).

But yeah most of their good devs working on mobile kind of worries me a little. I have no desire to play a game on my damn phone. If I want to play a game then I want to play it on my PC or console.

It doesn't matter how good the mobile games are. Blizzards primary market especially at Blizzcon was PC/Console gamers. Did they really think announcing Immortal and only that would go down well for them?
    Repeating a mistake doesn't make a company better.

Unhappy customers are usually hostile, could you imagine if your local grocery store employee acting like this? Oh it's okay, all the employee's are unprofessional, Yo I am the community manager, and (these people) are dick bags, deal with it!.

Blizzard has been falling behind and they have been getting into markets that already have titans in place, or are already over saturated.

They went from jumping in early and refining genre and taking good ideas and making them better, to jumping in late and adding watered down flavors of the same coolaid.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the best devs are working on mobile, and the rest are split on other projects? Maybe Diablo 4 and a few stragglers left on WoW, but that is obvious because: BfA.

People are dicks most of the time, calling it like you see it isn't great for any company and any respectable company would fire an employee who did this. There are many ways to deal with people that doesn't involve name calling.

If you can't answer a question, don't talk for 3 minutes about shit that has nothing to do with the question.

Time gating isn't necessary, it is lazy at the core of development.

Gating is worse than allowing people to rush, because you waste peoples time, instead of rewarding it. Gates can inflate MAU's, but it can also give players time to find a new game, or play new content leaving in between major patches.

Games need to remove the business side of the business in gaming. When the game is obviously restricting players for statistics, the game isn't as fun.
    Again can you show me where we got the news that the best devs moved to mobile games? who are these best devs?
    why did they move to mobile?
    and again, this is on his personal twitter where he has said many times he does not talk about blizzard stuff on his personal twitter.
    no, people support people getting fired if they be disrespectful in the name of the company, if they are a jerk on their own time, who the fuck cares?

Time gating is necessary, and has been in the game since vanilla, do you forget there was dungeon lockouts, and weekly raid lockouts? the very first timegates.
    patch releases in themselves are time gates, if blizz did not need to time gate, they would have released expansions with literally all the content in from the start, then 2 years later releasing the next expansion with all the content in it.

games CANNOT remove the business side, because its a BUSINESS they need to make MONEY cause they are a company, why hots had to lower development, since it is not making enough money.

you cannot go "shit companies focusing on making money" that is literally what every company does, cause to survive people need money.
    to develop a game you need money
    to pay employees you need money.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Repeating a mistake doesn't make a company better.

Unhappy customers are usually hostile, could you imagine if your local grocery store employee acting like this? Oh it's okay, all the employee's are unprofessional, Yo I am the community manager, and (these people) are dick bags, deal with it!.

Blizzard has been falling behind and they have been getting into markets that already have titans in place, or are already over saturated.

They went from jumping in early and refining genre and taking good ideas and making them better, to jumping in late and adding watered down flavors of the same coolaid.
    The thing is one of my first early jobs as a teenager was working in a grocery store. Was a Tescos.

There was a guy there one day who did tell a customer to "fuck off" and got a bit verbal with her. And he wasn't outright sacked just cautioned or a final warning. Can't remember which but it was most certainly one of them.

It depends on the severity of the offence. And from what I gather Lore was not talking about the WoW community. It was something related to politics. I ain't going deeper into that because tbh I don't give a damn when it comes to that topic.

Reeeeeeeeee how dare they send me an email wishing me happy holidays!?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Again can you show me where we got the news that the best devs moved to mobile games? who are these best devs?
    why did they move to mobile?
    and again, this is on his personal twitter where he has said many times he does not talk about blizzard stuff on his personal twitter.
    no, people support people getting fired if they be disrespectful in the name of the company, if they are a jerk on their own time, who the fuck cares?

Time gating is necessary, and has been in the game since vanilla, do you forget there was dungeon lockouts, and weekly raid lockouts? the very first timegates.
    patch releases in themselves are time gates, if blizz did not need to time gate, they would have released expansions with literally all the content in from the start, then 2 years later releasing the next expansion with all the content in it.

games CANNOT remove the business side, because its a BUSINESS they need to make MONEY cause they are a company, why hots had to lower development, since it is not making enough money.

you cannot go "shit companies focusing on making money" that is literally what every company does, cause to survive people need money.
    to develop a game you need money
    to pay employees you need money.
    Blizzard devs at Blizzcon said them selves that "Some of the best devs are working on mobile" - Please don't try and put words in my mouth.

Since Blizzard has more than 2 games they are working on, what makes you think some of the best in one area and the rest is working on wow? If you have a dozen eggs, and then you put some of the best in 1 basket, then split the rest between the other baskets - how many are in the WoW basket?

You need to remove the business side from the players mind.

While playing MHW/GoW/WoW - pre-MAU's the business side of the game never affected me in the game, knowing I paid for the game every month. A company that doesn't make enough money to support the product fully need to downsize without affecting the customers in a negative way. Once you start cutting corners and giving less quality to make up for your mistakes, you will lose what little you have left and go out of business.

You can't just say "I need money" and get rich, you need to provide goods and services of value.

I have a car that runs okay, I will sell it to you, but you can only drive 15 miles a week. You cannot go over 15 miles a week, see me next month if you want to go 15 miles per week again.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is one of my first early jobs as a teenager was working in a grocery store. Was a Tescos.

There was a guy there one day who did tell a customer to "fuck off" and got a bit verbal with her. And he wasn't outright sacked just cautioned or a final warning. Can't remember which but it was most certainly one of them.

It depends on the severity of the offence. And from what I gather Lore was not talking about the WoW community. It was something related to politics. I ain't going deeper into that because tbh I don't give a damn when it comes to that topic.
    It depends on a lot of things, but it is never okay. Especially when it is your job to deal with the community.

Blizzard devs at Blizzcon said them selves that "Some of the best devs are working on mobile" - Please don't try and put words in my mouth.

Since Blizzard has more than 2 games they are working on, what makes you think some of the best in one area and the rest is working on wow? If you have a dozen eggs, and then you put some of the best in 1 basket, then split the rest between the other baskets - how many are in the WoW basket?

You need to remove the business side from the players mind.

While playing MHW/GoW/WoW - pre-MAU's the business side of the game never affected me in the game, knowing I paid for the game every month. A company that doesn't make enough money to support the product fully need to downsize without affecting the customers in a negative way. Once you start cutting corners and giving less quality to make up for your mistakes, you will lose what little you have left and go out of business.

You can't just say "I need money" and get rich, you need to provide goods and services of value.

I have a car that runs okay, I will sell it to you, but you can only drive 15 miles a week. You cannot go over 15 miles a week, see me next month if you want to go 15 miles per week again.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on a lot of things, but it is never okay. Especially when it is your job to deal with the community.
    Oh yeah I totally agree it's not ok. But the circumstances of being fired do depend on the severity of the situation. I wouldn't have fired Lore for that personally. However I would have cautioned him.

As for time gating. If most other games don't need to do it then WoW doesn't. Anyone with common sense knows it's a gimmick to drive MAU's.

Most games gate their story per patch. Blizzard literally split up this patches story by a month. It's idiotic.

I mean hell they split 7.2s "story" up through 14 weeks. That's pitiful.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-24 at 04:46 PM.

World Unite?!?! Man does this mean we are getting a single MMO with all the blizzard world merged into one game? My Pally in WOW will get to run around and smite Zerg as my gnome mage can just play hearthstone!?!? We can build more pylons to fight diablo?? All on my phone!

Oh yeah I totally agree it's not ok. But the circumstances of being fired do depend on the severity of the situation. I wouldn't have fired Lore for that personally. However I would have cautioned him.

As for time gating. If most other games don't need to do it then WoW doesn't. Anyone with common sense knows it's a gimmick to drive MAU's.

Most games gate their story per patch. Blizzard literally split up this patches story by a month. It's idiotic.
    The higher position you have, the more professional you should be, I couldn't imagine this rhetoric from a well known face of a company, I would think that it would have more repercussions tied to it, then it would to bottom of the shoe employee number 1000328932 that no one knows and that is just filling the cog for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    I for one would love to have Bliz test your theory.
    like how they did with the orc statues?like how they did with the orc statues?
    Players that received the statue did not complain at all; some of those that did not receive a statue did complain, though how you equate a totally unexpected gift for loyalty to a totally hollow cut show youtube video attached to a totally benign "we thank you for staying around" blurb is a very long stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

People are still saying BFA is worse/just as bad as WoD?

Lmao please. This expansion has content that isn't just raiding and mission tables.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Players that received the statue did not complain at all; some of those that did not receive a statue did complain, though how you equate a totally unexpected gift for loyalty to a totally hollow cut show youtube video attached to a totally benign "we thank you for staying around" blurb is a very long stretch.

- - - Updated - - -
    yes, people did complain abut the orc statue, that there was no alliance version, that it was not given t people who unsubbed during "shit times in wow like cata and wod"
    etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I was almost fascinated at first how some people actually seem to honestly like the latest blizzard garbage like Bfa. How could someone find enjoyment in something so bad and lightyears away from what the game used to be even 1 expansion before. But at the end of the day its just shit standards. Its people who like crap stuff like theres people who like and play other crap mmos.
    While the expansion has some awful stuff, it's certainly not "garbage", as the whiteknights don't have the right to tell others to not give negative comments, you lose all credibility and just sink to the same level when speaking like this.

If they honestly enjoy the game as it is now, and I also do because I'm playing with my friends and raiding, doesn't mean I ahve "shitty standards" It's as simple as we like we play, you are certainly no better "man" if I can call you that just because you are hating how the game is right now.

Hell, the envy you have on the people who enjoy it is obvius, why else would you bash people who "honestly like the game" if it is not out of envy because they enjoy something you can't?

Grow up, and if you already are a grown up... I don't know you should look yourself at a mirror and do something with all that virtual hate you have, real life is more important ^^

I liked the video, but the "message" seems false.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also Lore called people on his personal twitter dickbags, people who were going to his PERSONAL twitter where he purposly does not answer blizzard related questions, and were shitting on him constantly, yeah, i would call them dickbags too.
    and i mean people like to say ion cant answer the hard questions, but refuse to remeber all the hard ones he has.
    I Think when he called people dickbags it was in a political discussion about something from the US, and not the players of wow.

But people are so entitled... Ït feels like they are just looking and searching for something to shit on it. Yes, blizzard has made some terrible choices for this xpac, but damn, shitting on a holyday video? ignoring that HOTS Has been dying since day one?

They think HOTS 2.0 came only because the devs came with the idea and made it, but they remade core systems of the game because it was dying, as simple as that.
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2018-12-26 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Reeeeeeeeee how dare they send me an email wishing me happy holidays!?
    Aw, comeon, what did you do to receive an email, I didn't get one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    "oh no blizz send us an email expressing gratitude for playing their games. lets flame them like spoiled brats." -the internet
    Apparently they only sent one to some select players, not everyone got one. I would have loved to get one tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    why else would you bash people who "honestly like the game" if it is not out of envy because they enjoy something you can't?
    Because you are defending this garbage encouraging blizzard to continue on this low effort cash grab design. I'm so envious with people who enjoy absolute crap wow. Its like saying I'm envying people for enjoying listening to drake or watching the kardashians. Its all a case as I said. People liking bad stuff. The only problem is white knights like you who try to argue that bad is the way to go. If you don't like bad and want better go away.
    Its been months already. Go outside your bubble of internet and you will see Bfa is trashed in any corner of the internet. Its that bad. Theres a general consensus on that no matter how hard you still try to defend this total garbage.

Because you are defending this garbage encouraging blizzard to continue on this low effort cash grab design. I'm so envious with people who enjoy absolute crap wow. Its like saying I'm envying people for enjoying listening to drake or watching the kardashians. Its all a case as I said. People liking bad stuff. The only problem is white knights like you who try to argue that bad is the way to go. If you don't like bad and want better go away.
    Its been months already. Go outside your bubble of internet and you will see Bfa is trashed in any corner of the internet. Its that bad. Theres a general consensus on that no matter how hard you still try to defend this total garbage.
    I'm out of my bubble, it's called real life, something people ussually forget they have.
    The new fallout game is being bashed on the "internet" and I have a friend who is having a blast with other people.

Its like saying I'm envying people for enjoying listening to drake or watching the kardashians
    You are not bashing those people actively on the internet I assume, if not, that is just sad

I did not defend the expansion, just the guy you bashed. I mean, your hate is so strong you can't even read, my god. I even said the expansion has awful stuff and by no means that is "yeah it's all great! all negative feedback is wrong long live blizzard!". Being reasonable and not driven by hate in a forum on the internet about a videogame, is not being a whiteknight, i'm sorry

I'll defend what I think it's right and when people are wrong, for example people still say that Lore called the playerbase dickbags and that is WRONG since he was talking in a political discussion of the US, nothing about wow there, entitlement.

Azerite armor is bad and islands are bad (warfronts are meh, but they bring revamped zones and they will have an heroic version so not entirely bad for me), I will never defend those so quit it with the "white-knight" tag when someone doesn't agree with you and gives facts that show, how much hate you have about something and that makes you feel good talking about it on the internet.

Thats the problem with Popularity, it attracts all types of people, including those with shit tastes in Media. The one you argued with, is one of such people. Popularity when it reaches a too high mark, will attract the biggests annoying people when it comes to their preferences.