PVP Elite Gear VS PVE Cutting Edge Gear ?

Hi there,

I post today because I was wondering something, as a Tmog farmer I like to collect all sets on my characters, but for some pvp sets if you didn't obtain them at that specific season you can't have them anymore, I'm fine with it player who raise their rank deserves that rewards BUT as a pve player (mainly) I would love to get the same type of rewards when I clear the Mythic Raid before the next release (Cutting Edge). It's the same objectif and pretty much works the same, a recolor set to rewards me for clearing the raid on time and not 2 extansions after.

What are your thoughts ?

Honestly 1800 is easy af. also it can be boosted/coached cheaply (100 rating = 100k gold).
    Elite gear isnt worth much anymore. Imo it should be 2.4.

On the other hand the mythic gear takes much more time to be obtained by players.
    And many pvp players dont even have the time or intresst in pve to do mythic raiding.

Also its not easy to farm those mythic pve transmog after an expansion / tier, because it still takes much time to farm it.
    (no legacy loot for 1 whole expansion) (2 Years)

There are some elite pvp sets I'd love to have, but pvp really isn't my forte. Highest I ever reached was just short of 2100 sometime during WotLK, but during BFA S1 the highest rating I managed to reach with ~200 games played was 1687. I'm not gonna buy a boost as that is essentially paying to screw over other players.

That said, the elite sets of BFA, at least for mail, are thus far severely disappointing and I'm mostly just sad that I'll never be able to unlock the sets that were available during Legion as they were in my opinion some of the best looking shaman sets to ever be available. In my opinion, it's a shame that players were so fervently against Blizzard allowing players who reach elite rating (whether that be 1800 or 2000) to buy previously available elite sets for that class.

As for the question in the OP, I'm generally against timed exclusive cosmetic rewards unless specifically stated well in advance like Challenge Mode rewards or Mage Tower in Legion.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2019-02-01 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

One thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that for PVE Mythic raids and such, you can always go back to it at a later date to collect the mogs you're looking for, but for PVP Elite gear, unless you've obtained the rating of that Season, you're out of luck.

Aside from Cutting Edge and AotC achieves, as well as lower chances on mount drops, I don't recall any raids in recent memory taking things out of the game once they've become old content. While I agree making mounts and titles limited to their Season when it comes to PVP, I do wish there wasn't such a restriction on old Season Elite armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    One thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that for PVE Mythic raids and such, you can always go back to it at a later date to collect the mogs you're looking for, but for PVP Elite gear, unless you've obtained the rating of that Season, you're out of luck.
    Yeah that is exactly what I mean in my post. PVE gear can always be farm later on, you change class you still can get the Sets & such meanwhile Elite gear are unobtainable. I mostly on this aspect of the things that I wish to improve.

Maybe if you reach Elite rating you can buy previous season Elite gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shouquette View Post
    Yeah that is exactly what I mean in my post. PVE gear can always be farm later on, you change class you still can get the Sets & such meanwhile Elite gear are unobtainable. I mostly on this aspect of the things that I wish to improve.

I think the reason Blizzard doesn't do that would be because if they did, the PVP crowd would whine and complain about the developers catering to the non-elite PVP people, as well as invalidating their hard work.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any Mythic raiders crying about casual players getting Myhtic gear or mounts from previous expansions that I recall.

I think the reason Blizzard doesn't do that would be because if they did, the PVP crowd would whine and complain about the developers catering to the non-elite PVP people, as well as invalidating their hard work.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any Mythic raiders crying about casual players getting Myhtic gear or mounts from previous expansions that I recall.
    No you're right, Mythic raider don't cry about it , i'm not i'm just sad to not be able to get some sets on my Sham that i find really cool and i realised that we could get them for pve and not for pvp so

Legit mythic raiders don't care so long as it doesn't affect their ability to sell runs. I'm certain I've seen complaints from mythic hopefuls over the years, especially early on. While I think the pvp players would get over a change opening sets of prior seasons, I doubt they'll do it. For reasons.

I'm lousy at arena matches, and I feel bad about the frustration I cause people I partner with. I'm also a transmog fiend, so I feel bad about not being able to use those armor pieces ever. Especially as there's some very nice coloration in there.

Yeah, Blizzard should really be screwing over their dedicated PvP playerbase just to please PvErs who would love to get their hands on what is now rare and prestigious gear via welfare 1.8K rating that everyone and their mother can get whenever their spec happens to get OP.

The snowflakes who want this clearly don't understand what drives PvPers. Prestige and bragging rights - if you hand out sets like candy you're removing any and all prestige from them and thus the incentive from PvPers.

The correct change here is to make Mythic and Heroic gear/transmog unavailable once the raid is no longer current content unless you have the cutting edge achievement (or acquired the item(s) prior to new raid). This increases the incentive to raid and participate in the game while it's current content instead of handing things people don't deserve out like candy. Furthermore it removes the difference in how transmog is welfare in PvE and not in PvP.

1.8 is easily reachable. Just get to 1.4 yourself then buy a boost. No, you won't disrupt the pvp community when playing ~25 games with a boost team, it basicly takes 2 days.

PvE Mythic gear on the other hand is easily obtainable 5 patches later BUT you forget the mythic only mount that after the patch becomes 1%. Not to mention the gold Mythic raiders get when boosting compared to PvP players boosting.

All-in-all PvP is kind of a secondary feature gone viral. You don't make much gold with it and in the past you didn't get much gear either. So i guess the exclusive rewards are the things that kept people hooked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    The correct change here is to make Mythic and Heroic gear/transmog unavailable once the raid is no longer current content unless you have the cutting edge achievement (or acquired the item(s) prior to new raid). This increases the incentive to raid and participate in the game while it's current content instead of handing things people don't deserve out like candy. Furthermore it removes the difference in how transmog is welfare in PvE and not in PvP.
    Wow that would actually work imo.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    1.8 is easily reachable. Just get to 1.4 yourself then buy a boost.
    Or: Don't be a boost-buying loser and put some effort into reaching 1.8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouquette View Post

Why does this keep coming up?! No. It was clear since the beginning of elite-only cosmetic items in wrath that it would only be obtainable during that season.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Why does this keep coming up?! No. It was clear since the beginning of elite-only cosmetic items in wrath that it would only be obtainable during that season.
    It was wrong then and it's wrong now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Buy 1800 boost, srsly? You can farm it by yourself in few hours.

The main problem with "mythic elite recolor" is that you need A LOT OF time to get it as progressing is long + you need to play at specific hours becausr you need 19 other people. A lot of players can't afford to waste so a lot of time playing games but if they can return to collect mythic sets 1 expansion later and clear raid in 1 hour it's no problem.

1800 is definitely NOT easy. It's about as difficult as 2k in MoP-Legion and 2.2k in Cata. When I first started playing RBGs in Cata, I could reach 1.8k in an afternoon is a no voice yolo pug. Right now I have to put together a proper comp, invite highly experienced players and lead with voice and even 1.6k is a struggle. Blizzard keeps moving goalposts backwards but that does not mean 1.8k is easy right now even if it was easy a couple of years ago.