Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    With artifact weapons, sets and a good selection of legendaries working, timewalking was no harder than level 10 mobs. It's already easy in green gear. don't ask for more. Also where is the fun on farming old content to be better in "current" content?
    Exactly! Are people actually upset that they cant faceroll content? When was Timewalking ever meant to be free X with no effort?
    Just wait for classic guys. You can sit in your old shty gear as much as you want and blizzard wont do anything about it.
    Im guessing that wont be as funny tho because then they cant have an advantage and faceroll content anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Legion/ MoP legendaries shouldn't work in timewalking either. And Neither should other expansion set bonuses or azerite gear .

If you didn't use it when the expansion was current, you shouldn't be able to use it.
    Lets remove more options for fun in TW, what a great idea.

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Lets remove more options for fun in TW, what a great idea.

/s
    Facerolling content is fun? Why don't you just solo it on a non TW week then ?

Let's do the TW naked, because we didn't have our current gear or stats like versatility back in older expansions.
    Everyone can do TW easily with BfA Gear. Using older gear for min-maxing is a nice bonus, so I don't understand the issues, but there's no need to do TW anymore, unless you want to farm Timewarped Badges or the rare drop mount.

With artifact weapons, sets and a good selection of legendaries working, timewalking was no harder than level 10 mobs. It's already easy in green gear. don't ask for more. Also where is the fun on farming old content to be better in "current" content?
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
    Artifact weapons don't do anything currently, so this is irrelevant. They're just stat sticks now.
    Sets haven't worked in TW for...a while now. Current sets do, but they implemented the whole "legacy set" change a long time ago. If I had to guess, I'd say it was there at the start of Legion.
    And why is it relevant if you're in green gear or not? Everything is locked to the same item level during TW.

Lastly, where's the fun? Why does that matter if you can't see why it's fun? There's clearly other people who do find it fun, myself included. I farm old raids for mounts, achievements, and appearances anyway. Having a use for that old gear is interesting. Or what if I want to screw around with an old tier set, like having 3 charges of Avenging Wrath just because I found that tier set to be fun? Now I can't ever use it again, even when WoD timewalking launches which people were using that tier during the end of WoD anyway in dungeons.

Facerolling content is fun? Why don't you just solo it on a non TW week then ?
    You make it sound like Timewalking has ever been more than extremely tedious.

Surprisingly enough, people do like to mix-max things. Solo running the dungeon isn't fun because there's nothing to mix-max, you just one shot everything.
    When it's timewalking, you don't one shot things so you're able to fiddle around with gear to find the best combination.

There really is no reason for this change. It's like complaining that you happened to get a mythic geared raider in your normal dungeon and they facerolled it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Legendarys should also not work in TW.
    Most people did not farmed them or got them from the past and some cant get collected anymore so its only fair for newer player.
    Legion/ MoP legendaries shouldn't work in timewalking either. And Neither should other expansion set bonuses or azerite gear .

If you didn't use it when the expansion was current, you shouldn't be able to use it.
    You guys are taking timewalking far too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Ah yeah, fuck Blizzard developers!!! Long live Random MMO-C poster #532-B! Development by democracy, what the fuck could go wrong?
    This is the most asinine thing I've read today, lol.

>Blizz develops the game.
    >Blizz offers alpha/beta testing to see if players can find bugs or to stimulate the numbers (player feedback ding ding ding ding ding)
    >Players say, "this sucks because etc etc, would recommend to put in badge system"
    >blizz says, "Ok sure. badge system plus you only get from very limited things."
    >Players say, "wtf no blizz that's even worse"
    >blizz says, "the team feels that it is fine"
    >players say, "it is not fine. it sucks, this whole expansion sucks because you aren't LISTENING..."
    >Blizz says, "well the team thinks that it's fine"
    >"arr0gance", a name created by a mental infant "hurr durr long live Weeps!"
    >weeps says thank you arrogance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You guys are taking timewalking far too seriously.
    If Timewalking rewards were lowered to 300 ilvl for dungeons and 325 ilvl for raids then there might be an argument for it to continue to allow legendaries and azerite gear.

havent done a single TW for years now. not worth it. it takes long as fuck and is 0 fun getting always the same 5 boring shit dungeons

blizzard just sucks now and can die for all i care

Timewalking is a bonus fun mode where you revisit old instances with current moveset and classes. And yet Blizzard tries to balance them like current content, making them challenging and stripping away all the fun stuff you could do with overpowered gear. All this, while the gear from them doesn't even come close to being worth it. In a bonus mode you should be excited to do.

Don't get me wrong, challenge is great, that's why Mythic raiding is some of the best content in the game. But putting challenge, weak rewards and "balance" in a fun bonus mode that happens once a month is just terrible design. I used to be excited for TW week to do crazy stuff in dungeons I remember struggling in while they were current. Now I don't bother, with them feeling just like any other piece of content in the game but with worse reward system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard has bills to pay, and That Warcraft movie isn't part of help paying for them so unless anger and nerd rage over developers personal decisions made in WoW, then they are going to have to break as much fun shit people are motivated by, in order to put them in the Blizzard store, that is how capitalism out of control works.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If this was something competitive like Mythic+, Battlegrounds, Arena or Heroic/Mythic Raid then yes, absolutely. But this is fricking timewalking. And since the gear is scaled anyway, what does it matter. It's just timewalking. If they want to do Timewalking+, then OK, but so it's just timewalking.

But yes, blizzard is always nerfing fun. They have a WHOLE TEAM dedicated to nerf fun wherever it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought you were referring to timewalking as current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Exactly! Are people actually upset that they cant faceroll content? When was Timewalking ever meant to be free X with no effort?
    Just wait for classic guys. You can sit in your old shty gear as much as you want and blizzard wont do anything about it.
    Im guessing that wont be as funny tho because then they cant have an advantage and faceroll content anymore
    Who doesn't like fucking God Mode?

- - - Updated - - -

Facerolling content is fun?
    Yes

Why don't you just solo it on a non TW week then ?
    #1: No badges or gear upgrades or mounts
    #2: I do for mog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    it takes long as fuck
    It takes no longer than a normal (mode) dungeon
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

If Timewalking rewards were lowered to 300 ilvl for dungeons and 325 ilvl for raids then there might be an argument for it to continue to allow legendaries and azerite gear.
    Killing a warfront rare get you 340.
    Completing an invasion, daily series of 4 quests, gets you 370.
    CRAFTING gets you 340 in pretty much every slot for miniscule amounts of gold.

And its somehow Timewalking, a monthly bonus event that's supposed to be fun on its own, that would net too powerful rewards if it allowed you to use items from past expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I don't get it either. Last time I did TW all my Legos worked fine, including the MoP cloak and any sockets. I have several fully gemmed and enchanted TW sets.
    And that statement right there is one of the reasons this game is in massive decline. If I don't have it you can't either mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Its about creating a collection and hitting high numbers, using your logic what's the point in getting any better gear at all when you've cleared a raid? For the simple fact of being able to clear it quicker and more effectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Its about creating a collection and hitting high numbers, using your logic what's the point in getting any better gear at all when you've cleared a raid? For the simple fact of being able to clear it quicker and more effectively.
    The whole farming is about getting more gear for the next raid; most guilds only mount-log for last tier raids (if they log at all).

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    I wonder if you do any more damage with your 'time sets' than decently geared player.
    I doubt it, but some items, especially trinkets, might still be BiS over current gen trinkets scaled down.

Timewalking is not even close to fun so it doesn't really matter if sockets work or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole farming is about getting more gear for the next raid; most guilds only mount-log for last tier raids (if they log at all).
    Give over is it, it's about burning down bosses extremely quick and looking good in the mirror. I have never ever been in a guild or known anyone for the matter who has got a tasty bit of loot and thought "well this is going to help me in the next patch"....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Timewalking is not even close to fun so it doesn't really matter if sockets work or not.
    When it first came out I had great enjoyment getting farming bis gear. Now youre right, it isnt fun.