Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Fort/Skittish/Bolstering = Tanks take the week off

M+ not worth tanking if you can''t do big pulls. Bloated fortified + bolster mob hp is makes runs take forever. Even fewer tanks in pugs this week.
    Last edited by dirtybrew; 2018-12-27 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Eh, by most standards this is considered one of the push weeks if any at least regarding some dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivasana View Post
    Eh, by most standards this is considered one of the push weeks if any at least regarding some dungeons.
    ?
    By most standards bolstering and / or explosive is by default a non-push week.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Even fewer tanks in pugs this week.
    I swear people were talking the same on necrotic week. If I go by the list of affixes probably half of them are gonna be blamed for "tank shortage in pugs". (Btw real reason is for every 1 tank there's probably 10 dps players and also they always have elevated expectations towards tanks.)

This week is probably good for 1/2 levels lower than a real "push" week.

What makes it hard are retards that blow their load on aoe'ing when they shouldn't. SoTS comes to mind, had the windshaper after the first boss bolstered to Jesus levels because people went nuts.

I like that it makes you think, I dislike that with said idiots it becomes impossible.

Most groups have a rogue, so skittish is a non-affix.

Bolstering makes some dungeons hard (ML, Shrine, may be Siege, probably Waycrest). Fortified makes King's Rest hard. Other dungeons are easy. It's a reasonably good week, better than previous week due to necrotic.

The reason so many tanks are AFK is the bdk nerfs from 8.1 (and most dedicated M+ tanks are bdk). They cannot faceroll some of the affixes or pulls anymore, get tilted, and log off for a break.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2018-12-28 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Done 3 dungeons so far, 2 of the groups had a rogue in it, none of them used tricks. Also had people "pulling for me" double packs and then whining about dying from either skittish or mega bolstered mob 1-shotting them with a cast. Had people go right side before first boss in Tol Dagor (while most groups go left side), body pull a pack while I'm wondering wtf they aren't following left, I go back and try to gather it from them, they pull the non elite bugs, eyebeam the shit of everything, get 5 bolstered crabs. I seriously give up. The problem isn't the content, but the players.

Basically this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I dislike that with said idiots it becomes impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post

Bolstering makes some dungeons hard (ML, Shrine, may be Siege, probably Waycrest). Fortified makes King's Rest hard. Other dungeons are easy. It's a reasonably good week, better than previous week due to necrotic.

The reason so many tanks are AFK is the bdk nerfs from 8.1 (and most dedicated M+ tanks are bdk). They cannot faceroll some of the affixes or pulls anymore, get tilted, and log off for a break.
    Don't even need a rogue for skittish. It's basically a non-affix, because we're already playing at nearly skittish-levels of threat baseline now.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The most difficult thing this week is really to just find a tank to sign up - so far I've done FH, WCM, AD, TD, TOS on various levels between +12 and +14 and they were all quite easy. Slightly missed timer a few times - but all in all I got a couple of personal best time and highest key so I would definitely call it a push week.

Since it's Fortified week with affixes that pretty much do not affect bosses at all, it is definitely work using Bloodlust on trash.

I would strongly recommend to get the "Method Dungeon Tools" addon and checkout the weekly routes: https://raider.io/news/7-the-weekly-...h-and-infested.

Even if you don't have the comp for their expert routes, it's still worth checking them out because they have some valuable tips on where to use Bloodlust, where you can skip etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolstering just needs a brain tbh, the week i tend to skip is necrotic and griveious because these traits are truely bullshit.

Skittish i really dont see what the problem is, that affix always was a joke to me.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-12-28 at 08:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If you don't make skittish non existent and you're not a guardian tank it sounds like a l2p issue. That affix is a complete joke compared to pre nerf legion skittish.

Bolstering is just an idiot check for your dps, so hold their hands and mark a skull/Xs on the big tanky mobs so so they don't aoe all the scrubs down around them and bolster them to hell.

Bolstering isn't bad, skittish barely seems to do anything in BfA.... Fortified and Tyrannical can die in a fire. Just balance the curve properly and you wouldn't need them.

People’s saying skittish is faceroll, Isnt doing High Keys. Try doing 17+ where you have to Kite fast, and then you lose Agro Pretty fast to proppe doing 50-90k+

Deleted
    I tried doing SotS +17 with these affixes two days ago. Conclusion : absolute sh*tshow. For starters a lot of packs are surrounded by non-elite adds that die from a sneeze, even if you are super careful not to AoE, if more than 1 non elite add bolsters up the main elite add, this juiced up add one shots everyone with an AoE ability, he chain casts it until you all run out of interrupts, then it insta-kills the grp. It literally makes no sense. Do the devs actually play +15 and above with these modifiers? I doubt it.

Best part about bolstering is pulling some of those small yellow mobs who don't bolster and frighten people. Hearing someone going "oh god no" is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    M+ not worth tanking if you can''t do big pulls. Bloated fortified + bolster mob hp is makes runs take forever. Even fewer tanks in pugs this week.
    I have a 1500 IO rating and literally did 1 +11 and stopped for the week. Laters. See you next week.

Blizz doesn't know how to design affixes. They should take their affix design element from Destiny, they do their affixes right over there with the kiss/curse system.

Instead of making their M+ affixes Super Meat Boy style of hard, they made it Superman 64 style of hard.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-12-29 at 09:14 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    People’s saying skittish is faceroll, Isnt doing High Keys. Try doing 17+ where you have to Kite fast, and then you lose Agro Pretty fast to proppe doing 50-90k+
    I haven't done a key below +17 on my main this week. I suppose I play with a good rogue.

Skittish depends a lot on the dps. DPS who don't wait a sec or two for threat and immediately AOE burst 40k in the opener before the tank barely even hits the mobs make skittish frustrating.

Deleted
    As a prot warrior... what is skittish? can I eat it? does it do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    I've not seen people kite this week? At least not before facetanking for a good while to establish threat, then you can see as you lose it.

I can understand bolstering being a problem but if you get to those levels and can't handle skittish then I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    As a prot warrior... what is skittish? can I eat it? does it do anything?
    What is a prot warrior? Never seen one.