Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post

There's too many completely retarded things being introduced to the game, dozens of mounts/pets/toys locked behing stupid RNG with each fucking patch. No sane person with at least a bit of life outside the game can somewhat reliably collect stuff now.
    This is a good point. Look at 8.2 - Even the most hard-core grinders still dont have 8.0 mounts. 8.2 adds a crap ton of new collectibles, to a point where that mount you got in Darkshore is now pointless and bland (If you even got one...I dont, darkshore drop % vs Arathi is hilarious). To much to keep up with yes.

There are ofc grinds Ill never bother with like MOP world bosses, its fine to have insane stupid shit, but BFA add's to much junk grinds.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

RNG drops have always been a part of WoW. It's fine if you don't like them, but this is not a new thing.

The +11 level "legacy loot" system though, that is a new thing, and it sucks. I already finished all the WoD content in Legion, so now I have nothing to do. Really hurt my enjoyment of the game overall. This needs to be changed to +10 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    RNG drops have always been a part of WoW. It's fine if you don't like them, but this is not a new thing.

The +11 level "legacy loot" system though, that is a new thing, and it sucks. I already finished all the WoD content in Legion, so now I have nothing to do. Really hurt my enjoyment of the game overall. This needs to be changed to +10 levels.
    Everyone in this thread is, presumably, if they're collectors, okay with 1% drops.

Islands are NO WHERE CLOSE to that with the multiple layers of RNG involved. I have a long thread going about this on the official forums, but none of it matters. This feature seems abandoned (except today they took the time to implement a levelling XP nerf because reasons).

8.2 is here (well, the RC build...) and nothing has changed except for the worse (new islands and a deeper RNG pool).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    This feature seems abandoned (except today they took the time to implement a levelling XP nerf because reasons).

8.2 is here (well, the RC build...) and nothing has changed except for the worse (new islands and a deeper RNG pool).
    How is it abandoned when they just keep adding new islands and new rng drops to them every patch? Apparently they think current island design is a success and doesn't need any more improvements. Maybe they'll "fix" it on the prepatch as they did with Legion legendaries... by the time they do it it's gonna be old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How is it abandoned when they just keep adding new islands and new rng drops to them every patch? Apparently they think current island design is a success and doesn't need any more improvements. Maybe they'll "fix" it on the prepatch as they did with Legion legendaries... by the time they do it it's gonna be old content.
    It was old content 4 months into the exspansion. By then I only started playing the exp, and I knew all of it.

Island needs fundamental changes to its reward structure and gameplay.

I fully anticipate solo grinding mythic islands a year from now at level 130 (or level 70, more likely, after a level squish).

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This is not the same thing and its arguing in bad faith to pretend it is.

I go into M Blackrock and kill Blackhand and I have a 1% shot at walking away with an Ironhoof Destroyer. Fine. Great. Whatever. One level of RNG.

I queue for an island and have a 1 in 3 chance of landing on Jordundall (which MIGHT be an option) and then the blue chin dragons MIGHT be there and they MIGHT add something to the drop table that I MIGHT have distribute to me instead of the other players present.

I don't mind killing something 319 times to get a mount to drop. That's how many kills the Onyxian drake took me across my characters. But I can go in, kill Onyxia and go "Oh well, better luck next time." I'm no stranger to RNG. I've grinded out more mounts than anyone else on my server cluster.

Island mounts are cruel. I do at least an island a day and I often do many. I'm assuredly in the top 0.5% of participation in the activity. I have a single mount to show for it.

It is a new thing to fight this many layers of bullshit. There are too many factors. There are too many elemental lords and Venture Co that show up and contribute nothing of substance to the drop tables. It's maddening.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This is not the same thing and its arguing in bad faith to pretend it is.

I go into M Blackrock and kill Blackhand and I have a 1% shot at walking away with an Ironhoof Destroyer. Fine. Great. Whatever. One level of RNG.

I queue for an island and have a 1 in 3 chance of landing on Jordundall (which MIGHT be an option) and then the blue chin dragons MIGHT be there and they MIGHT add something to the drop table that I MIGHT have distribute to me instead of the other players present.

I don't mind killing something 319 times to get a mount to drop. That's how many kills the Onyxian drake took me across my characters. But I can go in, kill Onyxia and go "Oh well, better luck next time." I'm no stranger to RNG. I've grinded out more mounts than anyone else on my server cluster.

Island mounts are cruel. I do at least an island a day and I often do many. I'm assuredly in the top 0.5% of participation in the activity. I have a single mount to show for it.

It is a new thing to fight this many layers of bullshit. There are too many factors. There are too many elemental lords and Venture Co that show up and contribute nothing of substance to the drop tables. It's maddening.

You've nailed it, exactly right. Also I'd consider anyone with > 0 Island Mounts extremely lucky based on my expansion-long use of the feature across 12 characters with 0 mounts to show for it. It's utter horseshit, I don't even know how else to say it.

Oh and "abandoned" in my post upthread means in regards to the reward structure. Obviously. At this point the more shit they add makes the feature WORSE, not BETTER., unless you're actually there for the "exploration". Does that apply to anyone at this stage? Maybe trolls and contrarians.

Well, found the new potential hellish achievement item in the new "Give me your biggest bag!" achievement. The pet "Budding Algan" drops from the Rockweed Shambler, which spawns randomly in place of a normal Algan mob. I say "randomly" but according to the groups I've seen camping it, it often takes hours of killing regular Algan mobs in order to make one appear, and they can appear throughout the zone. It might spawn and die before you even discovered you triggered it. Rockweed Shambler is arguably the rarest mob in the zone already (I mean, just judging off my own experience, I've killed Soundless 5 or 6 times, and Rockweed Shambler once), and will likely become more nightmarish for anyone to try to trigger when the expansion is over.

You might think, "oh, but pets are fine, you can buy those on the Auction House if you can't get the drop." Normally that's true! But for some asinine reason, Blizzard made this particular pet uncageable and untradeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    You might think, "oh, but pets are fine, you can buy those on the Auction House if you can't get the drop." Normally that's true! But for some asinine reason, Blizzard made this particular pet uncageable and untradeable.
    I really, really hope this is changed....

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Well, found the new potential hellish achievement item in the new "Give me your biggest bag!" achievement. The pet "Budding Algan" drops from the Rockweed Shambler, which spawns randomly in place of a normal Algan mob.
    I doubt that is the hardest part of the achievement, that pet has a high chance to drop. And summonable rares like that are miles better than having to camp something with a 8h respawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    I doubt that is the hardest part of the achievement, that pet has a high chance to drop. And summonable rares like that are miles better than having to camp something with a 8h respawn timer.
    "Summonable" is a pretty elastic word. Most things we experience as summonable in the game are a lot lighter on the time commitments. But unless Blizzard does something to nerf this, then this thing will be likely to eat hours in seeking its spawn on a consistent basis. It doesn't benefit at all from many server shards existing the way spawn timer rares do. Without a group farming for this thing, it just won't appear.

I expect it will be the bottleneck of the achievement in the end. But I could be wrong. The Soundless mount is not part of the achievement, which is the only thing I can think of that would've rated as worse.

Some of the rares on Mechagon that spwans from the drill rig is also RNG...33% chance for each or w/e. Its a bit meeh, but yea ppl will be farming these zones for years..Ive been in many raids where 20-35 ppl loot and no mount drops.

yep the RNG and vast number of items killed it for me... simply putting bad luck protection on mounts/pets would work for me, even if it came 1-2 expacs after its current content. But years for framing ICC and no mount and watching people get it in sub 5 tries .. just nope no more. I'd rather spend farming time in a game where i make progress vs what WoW is doing.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Regarding RNG on islands - I heard many folk complaining that they didn't get a single mount despite a lot of farming and I shared the frustration although I didn't farm myself. However, about a month ago I got my first mount and yesterday doing islands for the first time in 8.2 (I do at most 4 heroic islands every week and not every week - every 3rd or 4th) I somehow got a second mount. I agree that could just be dumb luck - and believe me I am not gloating - but maybe they did increase the drop chances without telling anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yep the RNG and vast number of items killed it for me... simply putting bad luck protection on mounts/pets would work for me, even if it came 1-2 expacs after its current content. But years for framing ICC and no mount and watching people get it in sub 5 tries .. just nope no more. I'd rather spend farming time in a game where i make progress vs what WoW is doing.
    ICC was actually better imo. In MoP but especially WoD i leveled up an armada of alts just for mount farms, shared the HC LK lockout, and I was done with 10-12 tries a week in maybe 2 hours. But hten I was done, no more chances for me that week. It was fine. I was fine. Took me 252 tries to get invincible. Islands are different. No armada of alts can make it better, no lockout, you can farm till your eyes bleed and still not see a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Regarding RNG on islands - I heard many folk complaining that they didn't get a single mount despite a lot of farming and I shared the frustration although I didn't farm myself. However, about a month ago I got my first mount and yesterday doing islands for the first time in 8.2 (I do at most 4 heroic islands every week and not every week - every 3rd or 4th) I somehow got a second mount. I agree that could just be dumb luck - and believe me I am not gloating - but maybe they did increase the drop chances without telling anyone?
    Shame on them, if true. Shame on them, if not true.

Thats the thing with Islands. Without communication they are an utter disaster. But they mixed up "exploration" for "we wont tell you how this works", but people mostly figured it out anyways, and what was revealed was a horrible system. So they changed it but the RNG was made, if anything, worse.

I think the Island thing has been an amalgamation of all of what's wrong at Blizzard today, headlined by massive RNG and horribad communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    ICC was actually better imo. In MoP but especially WoD i leveled up an armada of alts just for mount farms, shared the HC LK lockout, and I was done with 10-12 tries a week in maybe 2 hours. But hten I was done, no more chances for me that week. It was fine. I was fine. Took me 252 tries to get invincible. Islands are different. No armada of alts can make it better, no lockout, you can farm till your eyes bleed and still not see a drop.
    oh the islands are much worse and i stopped ICC somewhere around 500 tries... seeing a guildie get on their first try, and another deleting it from their bags after multiple drops was enough for me to say fuck it, and fuck rng farming

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    oh the islands are much worse and i stopped ICC somewhere around 500 tries... seeing a guildie get on their first try, and another deleting it from their bags after multiple drops was enough for me to say fuck it, and fuck rng farming
    The only thing I can think of that comes close to Islands, and this is an oldie, is Baron Riverdare's mount, since you can "try" an unlimited number of times. Evan at that, each run is what 3 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    The only thing I can think of that comes close to Islands, and this is an oldie, is Baron Riverdare's mount, since you can "try" an unlimited number of times. Evan at that, each run is what 3 minutes?
    yeah that one i would get instance capped all the time.. was about to give up when a guildie said let me go with you i've got it and send it drop again.. sure as shit 2 tries with him and it drops >.< i swear my toon is cursed