10+ Year Old Account

FFXIV returning BRD

I haven't played FFXIV in a while and looking to return. When I logged on, most of my skills seem to have gone and got replaced by other stuff. Some googling led me to the following guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...RIbKNNJk4/edit

To other Bards in this forum, is the above spreadsheet a good reference for BRD for current content?

If not, can someone please point me to a good online BRD guide for FFXIV?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

That looks like the one pinned on the Balance Discord, so yeah, that guide looks to cover all the basics plus some advanced stuff.

BRD got a huge overhaul going from HW to SB, losing several abilities but most notably reacquiring the ability to run and gun...er bow. It's one of the most fun jobs to play, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    That looks like the one pinned on the Balance Discord, so yeah, that guide looks to cover all the basics plus some advanced stuff.

BRD got a huge overhaul going from HW to SB, losing several abilities but most notably reacquiring the ability to run and gun...er bow. It's one of the most fun jobs to play, IMO.
    Thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post

Would you say Bards are easier to play? I leveled a White Mage to 50 when the game relaunched, haven't played since. But from what I gathered over the years, people say Bard is the hardest class to play right. Does that still apply? I've been tempted to get back into the game and I'm looking at Bard to play.

Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    Would you say Bards are easier to play? I leveled a White Mage to 50 when the game relaunched, haven't played since. But from what I gathered over the years, people say Bard is the hardest class to play right. Does that still apply? I've been tempted to get back into the game and I'm looking at Bard to play.
    ive never heard bard is hard to play. ever. lol its pretty easy and straight forward

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    ive never heard bard is hard to play. ever. lol its pretty easy and straight forward
    They're just kind of annoying, 30 second dots, 30 second songs, just a lot to refresh, kind of like monks, except monks do it through standard rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're just kind of annoying, 30 second dots, 30 second songs, just a lot to refresh, kind of like monks, except monks do it through standard rotations.
    yeah deff dot heavy. basically dot the enemy and dot (buff) yourself, but there is not a lot of critical thinking, just push the buttons lol

yeah deff dot heavy. basically dot the enemy and dot (buff) yourself, but there is not a lot of critical thinking, just push the buttons lol
    I'd probably find it less annoying if the UI made it easier to track everything, the songs track easy enough, but they should also track the dots on the Song Gauge.

But it works overall, it's not hard, just using it to get DNC gear haha

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'd probably find it less annoying if the UI made it easier to track everything, the songs track easy enough, but they should also track the dots on the Song Gauge.

But it works overall, it's not hard, just using it to get DNC gear haha
    ive said the same thing, ffxiv needs a massive UI overhaul or to allow addons so we can do it ourselves.

ive said the same thing, ffxiv needs a massive UI overhaul or to allow addons so we can do it ourselves.
    So many things it does right, and so many more it does wrong, love some sort of weakaura style tracker for it.