Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Daybreak Games selling All Access Lifetime Membership again

Daybreak Games which runs the games EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2, and DC Universe Online is once again offering their Lifetime Membership until Dec 31st. The price is $299 but gives you a lifetime All-Access membership to all 4 of those game with additional features offered depending on the game played. I got an email letting me know about this special sale they occasionally have. I still enjoy playing EQ2 every so often and if I had the cash to get either of these deals, I might actually grab one. BTW there is a limit to only 4000 of the Lifetime Memberships available. The other deal has no limit.

EverQuest:

Access to 1000's of Alternate Advancement Abilities
    Additional 6 character slots ($60 Value)
    Full Access to all spell ranks
    Maximum amount of Loyalty Rewards
    Full access to Mercenary Tiers
    Full access to in-game broker
    All housing and guilds halls allowed
    Access to Progression Servers
    Unlimited Chat channel access
    Full Guild Functionality
    Preferred Status with Customer Service

EverQuest 2:
    Additional 5 character slots ($50 Value)
    Early access to select new content releases
    Double ALL alternative currency earned in-game
    15% more coin
    10% bonus mount speed
    Member-only items at in-game Loyalty Merchants
    Access to all spell tiers
    Full access to in-game broker
    Unlimited Chat channel access
    Full access to in-game mail
    Full Guild Functionality
    Preferred Status with Customer Service
    Access to Special Members-Only Zones and Servers
    PlanetSide 2:

10% off marketplace purchases
    Free monthly 500 Daybreak Cash claim (can be used on any Daybreak game not just PS2)
    Exclusive promotions and offers
    +50% experience
    +3% experience for every member in your squad
    +48 passive certification points per day
    +50% resources
    Monthly double XP weekend
    Log-in queue priority
    Access to members-only daily sale
    Three additional character slots
    Three additional custom loadouts
    DC Universe Online:

Access to all DLC Packs
    150 Free Replay Badges Monthly
    Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks
    Unlimited in-game currency
    More Inventory Slots
    Free daily Vault Access
    Form a League
    14 Additional character slots
    20 Broker slots
    36 Additional Bank slots
    Trade items and cash

If you don't want to do this they are also offering a year long All-Access bundle package for $200 (which gives you bonus items valued at over $900 of in-game items throughout the 4 games which is also included in the Lifetime Membership deal). EverQuest bonuses are a Heroic Character, Golden Hero Satchel (40 slot bag), and a Crate of Golden Hero Armor. PlanetSide 2 bonuses include a Havoc Armor bundle, Sigma Armor bundle, Darkstar Armor bundle, and Havoc/Sigma/Darkstar MAX armor cosmetics and also features 17 Nanite Systems Weapons usable by all three faction. EverQuest 2 bonuses are a Level 110 Boost, 120 days research time, Ominous Planer Sky-Stallion, and an Ominous Planar Gear Suit. DC Universe Online bonuses are the Red Obsidian Material, Diamond Material, White Lightstream Movement Style, 350 Replay Badges, 40 Stabilizers, 2x Artifact Cache, 2x Perfected Nth Metal, and 32x Catalyst Cache.

Considering several recent massive layoffs in DBG, the whole Columbus Nova shitshow and the rumors about new expansions for EQ1 and EQ2 being the last, this whole thing comes off as a desperate cash grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Considering several recent massive layoffs in DBG, the whole Columbus Nova shitshow and the rumors about new expansions for EQ1 and EQ2 being the last, this whole thing comes off as a desperate cash grab.
    Nah they do this almost every year around Christmas time.

Meh no thanks.

As Rog said with the layoffs and rumours I'd rather not take the risk on something that will prob be gone in 5-10 years max.

Plus no desire to go back to any of those games personally.

Wait a fucking minute for EQ1 and EQ2.

ACCESS TO ALL SPELL TIERS?

That better be for fluff spells and not spells that provide actual fucking power.

Amazed EQ is still goin. hehe
    I remember playing that game from the first live servers. There was much death in my first week of playing. *played a necro*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    /shuts down 5 months later
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Some of those "bonuses" are just downright funny.

"Full access to mail". Jesus....

"Priority on Customer Support" And I know for a fact Daybreak CS is awful.

"Login Queue priority for Planetside 2" Lel that game hasn't had a "queue" in ages.

Multiple elements on those lists sounds like literal pay to win.

And there is no such a thing as lifetime membership. For whatever reason they can pull the plug tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post

And there is no such a thing as lifetime membership. For whatever reason they can pull the plug tomorrow
    I mean if the spell one for Everquest 2 involves spells that directly affect power than that is full on P2W.

Would like some clarity on that. Haven't played in a while or paid much attention to Daybreak handling the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Some of those "bonuses" are just downright funny.

"Full access to mail". Jesus....

"Priority on Customer Support" And I know for a fact Daybreak CS is awful.

"Login Queue priority for Planetside 2" Lel that game hasn't had a "queue" in ages.

FO76: "We screwed up"
    ATLAS: "Hold my beer"
    Daybreak: "Hold my Moonshine"
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    FO76: "We screwed up"
    ATLAS: "Hold my beer"
    Daybreak: "Hold my Moonshine"
    Nah it's all 3 passing the Moonshine around.

I've dealt with their CS. Having priority really isn't special. It's almost as bad as dealing with Rift's customer support.

But as I just said. If the spell one for Everquest 2 involves spells that affect character power then that's P2W. Key word "IF"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I only recently got back in Planetside 2 (after being gone for 4 years), and I get queue relatively often. It's usually only a matter of seconds, but it was like 5 minutes at one point. Still, not that great of an offer, considering you get the same bonus with regular subscription, too.

Come to think of it, I think most of those (all?) are something you get with regular subscription. Too lazy to check.
    Last edited by Santti; 2018-12-24 at 03:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post

This is actually in the same vein as lifetime guarantees for tools here. It's not YOUR lifetime, it's the lifetime of the tool, or in this case the lifetime of the game. Legality wise If you were to buy this and it shuts down tomorrow you'd have a hard time winning the case since technically you did have access for the rest of the games lifetime.

Edit: Not condoning it or anything, just explaining how it works, or how I think it works in any case.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Ok did some research.

F2P players cannot upgrade their spells past the "Master" rank. Only members can. And it seems most spells do have the ranks above it.

So yep the membership for EQ2 at least is pay to win.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-24 at 03:23 AM.

its becoming embarrassing how desperate game companies are these days,with all the turmoil at daybreak of late how would any sane person pay them any amount of money?blizzard and bethesda are heading down this rocky road also,damn shame really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    its becoming embarrassing how desperate game companies are these days,with all the turmoil at daybreak of late how would any sane person pay them any amount of money?blizzard and bethesda are heading down this rocky road also,damn shame really.
    If everyone's favorite streamer suddenly started playing the Garfield racing game then they'd buy it and join in as well, and devs would jack up the price.

Edit -.... talk about a coincidence. Two minutes ago this appeared - https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c...rt_099_80_off/ and last time I saw it it was something like 5 cents.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-12-24 at 03:36 AM.

I had to log into my account after like a year of inactivity to post a warning here.

I bought the 100 dollar Trailblazer pack for Everquest: Landmark, and even though the game wasn't finished. I was ok patiently waiting for it to finish and then enjoy my luxury cosmetic items (as well as supporting a cool concept).

However, Daybreak shut down the Everquest: Landmark servers without even telling me through email, and I basically wasted 100 bucks for nothing. So I would strongly recommend that no one ever 'invest' in this company "Daybreak" as they've got a track record of making promises--taking money--and then removing their services.

---------

I'd be fine investing into 'life-time' packs if a company has a trackrecord of respect, but I bought into Landmark for a life-time, and they literally shut the game down. No single-player servers, no nothing. Not an email. Not a warning. Not a 'play for a few weeks before it goes *poof* Just gone. And I'm still upset about it. Fuk this company

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    If everyone's favorite streamer suddenly started playing the Garfield racing game then they'd buy it and join in as well, and devs would jack up the price.
    yep i agree,i do believe the huge rise in game streaming over the last 5 years has opened up gaming to alot of shady buisness practices,game companies seeing the huge amount of money twitch streamers are making has some bearing on all this imho,everyone wants a piece of the pie and in some game companies cases 2 or 3 pieces.gaming feels dirty to me now,far too much greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    yep i agree,i do believe the huge rise in game streaming over the last 5 years has opened up gaming to alot of shady buisness practices,game companies seeing the huge amount of money twitch streamers are making has some bearing on all this imho,everyone wants a piece of the pie and in some game companies cases 2 or 3 pieces.gaming feels dirty to me now,far too much greed.
    Yeah, I consider streaming in general to be cancer despite there being many streamers that are fine. The entire 'stream sniper' thing being treated seriously just has me wanting to go back 10 years. Another argument is streamers/uploaders having too much push (especially when their idiot followers mindlessly agree) about direction in an early access game.

Daybreak ..... no thanks.

i got burned by the whole H1Z1 thing and is one of those companies that i will not support again.