Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Angry My MMO-Champion account disapeared?????

Mod Edit
    You can find the account recovery tool here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/accountRecovery.php

Title

Created my original account "vitor210" in 2012. Moments go I came here and my account name was changed to something like "mmoc3475934658634856" and when I tried to edit my profile it said the password I was using was wrong so when I tried to reset it , it said the email I used to send the password reset is not registered to any count which is NOT TRUE as it's the email I originally registered and never changed it. Also, when trying to login with my original credentials it says "That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards."

What is going on????? I lost complete access to 7 year account??? wtf
    Last edited by Tziva; 2019-01-14 at 01:58 AM.

Deleted
    use that number whatever it is as your username when you login, its not rocket science

yeah it's a weird bug going on.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Probably related to the sale of curse and the data transfer consent forms that were sent out to the registed emails of mmo-champion accounts. Basically, if you had not accepted the transfer of personal data by the time of the takeover of curse, you'd be locked out of your account or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/...s-amp-Feedback tl;dr you probably didn't accept data transfer which was required for gdrp

moving this to S&F in case chaud has more input

editing to add: you should use the contact us form at the top of the site to see if chaud can help you recover the original account. He probably will be able to once he has time. I know he is currently very busy dealing with all these things.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2019-01-12 at 01:48 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Yeah what gives? The email sent to me (multiple times to which i declined consent every time) didn't explain why or what the deal was and why should i care? Am i going to lose my account? Why???

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/...s-amp-Feedback tl;dr you probably didn't accept data transfer which was required for gdrp

moving this to S&F in case chaud has more input

editing to add: you should use the contact us form at the top of the site to see if chaud can help you recover the original account. He probably will be able to once he has time. I know he is currently very busy dealing with all these things.
    And if one did not consent, what exactly is achieved by merely scrambling the username? And apparently removed signature.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc239d61b10a View Post
    And if one did not consent, what exactly is achieved by merely scrambling the username? And apparently removed signature.
    all personal data was removed because you didn't agree with the transfer, including your username, email, signature, personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    all personal data was removed because you didn't agree with the transfer, including your username, email, signature, personal info.
    I find it funny how the random quote signature is considered personal info, but avatar is not. Pretty sure it's the avatar anyone might recognize, not the sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc2bb030b3a5 View Post
    Yeah what gives? The email sent to me (multiple times to which i declined consent every time) didn't explain why or what the deal was and why should i care? Am i going to lose my account? Why???
    Because you did not approve that they are going to sell your information to internet strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc239d61b10a View Post
    I find it funny how the random quote signature is considered personal info, but avatar is not. Pretty sure it's the avatar anyone might recognize, not the sig
    The avatar is the least likely element to contain personal information although I suppose anyone could post a real picture of themselves. Plenty of signatures link to blogs and other things that can expose personal information. No one is going to examine each individual sig to see whether it needs to go or not.

As for those that want to get back to something like their former names, do something like "real" or "formerly" as a prefix until a fix can be provided.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

As others have mentioned, this is not a bug. People who declined the data transfer had their information deleted. Just as you were told what would happen.

I use an old e-mail address for my MMO-C account because sites like these have a habit of getting hacked, and for a long time the site didn't even have SSL. The consent request was sent to that address, so I never saw it.

Would probably have been smarter with a notification about it on the site itself.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but this is downright unacceptable.

Just scrolling through random threads, hundreds of daily users have gotten screwed over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    As others have mentioned, this is not a bug. People who declined the data transfer had their information deleted. Just as you were told what would happen.
    I was never informed about a data transfer nor did I have any information pertaining to one. And I use these forums daily. This is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc2bb030b3a5 View Post
    The e-mail explained what and why is it necessary to click on the "accept" button. It said "For uninterrupted services, consent is required". You declined. And now you are asking where is your account? It makes one wonder ...

Quote Originally Posted by mmoce9f6dccbed View Post
    I'm sorry but this is downright unacceptable.

Just scrolling through random threads, hundreds of daily users have gotten screwed over.

- - - Updated - - -

I was never informed about a data transfer nor did I have any information pertaining to one. And I use these forums daily. This is unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocbd455ecfa4 View Post
    I use an old e-mail address for my MMO-C account because sites like these have a habit of getting hacked, and for a long time the site didn't even have SSL. The consent request was sent to that address, so I never saw it.

Would probably have been smarter with a notification about it on the site itself.
    There was a pop up that appeared every 5 minutes until you consented for weeks. Unfortunately some ad blockers or privacy tools blocked it. We sent an email as well.

Deleted
    Blocking a nagging popup that appears every five minutes isn't "unfortunately", it's the reason people use blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfaf2869885 View Post
    Blocking a nagging popup that appears every five minutes isn't "unfortunately", it's the reason people use blockers.
    Complaining about not getting information blocked deliberately is not smart as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfaf2869885 View Post
    In hindsight, it was probably stupid move to program a popup that triggered every adblocker known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfea926caf4 View Post
    In hindsight, it was probably stupid move to program a popup that triggered every adblocker known to man.
    You REALLY can't accuse of chaud of not trying to get the point across, how important consent is for a continuation of service. It's people's own fault for blocking every channel of communication for such an important thing. HEck, we have people in this thread complaining about having their info deleted DESPITE declining further use of their data. That's just insane.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2019-01-12 at 11:12 AM.