1080 ti to RTX 2080

would this upgrade make any sense? I heard the DLSS will get you a pretty good FPS increase.

They perform the same? If some feature is going to increase performance, I'd wait for benchmark results first.

Unless you have money to burn this doesn't make sense at all.

"According to NVIDIA, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is able to run Battlefield 5 with an average of 90fps with RTX disabled and with an average of 88fps with both RTX and DLSS enabled. Without DLSS – but with RTX enabled – the RTX2060 can push an average of 65fps."

Sounds very dramatic increase, if DLSS will spread to other games too it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    "According to NVIDIA, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is able to run Battlefield 5 with an average of 90fps with RTX disabled and with an average of 88fps with both RTX and DLSS enabled. Without DLSS – but with RTX enabled – the RTX2060 can push an average of 65fps."

Sounds very dramatic increase, if DLSS will spread to other games too it's fantastic.
    Its not DLSS that is fantastic (it reduces image quality) its RTX that isn't ready for consumer use (even prosumer). So DLSS compensate for Nvidia RTX stupidity.

The 1080 ti has more raw power that the 2080 you will see that on unoptimized games and it has more vram.
    Last edited by Gungar; 2019-01-18 at 10:57 AM.

Right now if you compare raw performance I would say that this upgrade does not make sense...You would have to go for a 2080 Ti to see a decent gain...

I always use Papahardware a Brazilian website where they test every GPU with multiple CPUs in current games using the same method for every benchmark:

papahardware.net/comparative/gtx-1080-ti-fe-7+core-i7-8700-7-vs-rtx-2080-fe-56+core-i7-8700-7.html

How is this even a question? No, it wouldn't.

DO NOT buy into nonsense propaganda and advertisements.
    NVidia is just trying to sell their stuff.

Wait to see actual FPS performance tested by reputable 3rd party sources, and even then check out multiple such sources to be sure its true.

Some reviews put 2080 slighly ahead, others don't. It comes down to your nasty little pocketses

Don't do it for WoW, obviously. For other things it's a minor increase at best outside of RTX/DLSS which are extreme edge cases at present. If you like tossing a thousand bucks at gambling on the future maybe it's something you have fun with.

I just bought one, but then I was coming from an end of life GTX680, and the prices on the 1080 series weren't compelling, in many cases they were more expensive.

I guess I'll wait then

terrible idea. its a sidegrade at best.

It's a roughly 9% increase in frame rate and some features that might be good in the future, depends if you think that's worth the extra cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's a roughly 9% increase in frame rate and some features that might be good in the future, depends if you think that's worth the extra cost.
    According to what is it a 9% increase? What I've seen put it as a sidegrade, performing nearly identically in most if not all situations

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    According to what is it a 9% increase? What I've seen put it as a sidegrade, performing nearly identically in most if not all situations
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...rtx-2080.c3224
    https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...nders_Edition/

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...8g,5879-2.html
    Trading places, 2080 generally slightly on top (couple outliers where 2080 is vastly on top)

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreview...vs-gtx-1080-ti
    basically equal performance

10+ Year Old Account
    Pointless sidegrade imo.

DLSS is only supported in 1 game that I know of, is basically the same in both performance and image quality as "normal" upscaling from a lower resolution + TAA, and in the 1 game it's supported it causes some pretty jarring image issues like thin lines flickering or disappearing completely. Maybe someday it'll be usable but not yet.

Make it a 2080 Ti or stick with the 1080Ti, the 2080 simply isn't a good product for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Make it a 2080 Ti or stick with the 1080Ti, the 2080 simply isn't a good product for you.
    2080 ti is out of reach due to price, but I'll stick with 1080 ti thanks.