Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does America have 65,000 troops stationed in Europe?

As a tax payer I see the number 65,000 and cringe, just the salaries alone for these people is a staggering amount of money. My vote is to bring them home and disband them which would give us a huge tax savings.

So why do you think America has 65K troops stationed in Europe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Their salaries cost about 1$ a month for one American taxpayer. It is indeed a staggering amount!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Their salaries cost about 1$ a month for one American taxpayer. It is indeed a staggering amount!
    Thats such a dumb thing to say. Yes, the cost per taxpayer is relatively small, but regardless it's a staggering amount of money that could be spent elsewhere.
    Its not just a dollar when its paid by 300 mil citizens.

Apparently it's "85 percent decrease in personnel and 75 percent reduction in basing from the height of the Cold War", a lot are logistics and naval bases, they also assist with moving troops around as well. This is a pretty good article on it:

https://www.heritage.org/military-st...ronment/europe

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the third thread on the topic, whose talking point is getting parroted?
    /s

because of their obligations towards nato, and to keep tabs on russia

Quote Originally Posted by hoangtaybaokiem1993 View Post
    As a tax payer I see the number 65,000 and cringe, just the salaries alone for these people is a staggering amount of money. My vote is to bring them home and disband them which would give us a huge tax savings.

Look up power projection. Come back to us when you have.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Increase it to 75,000 troops, Europe must be defended against Russian aggression.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    We forgot about nato already?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want protection against Russia maybe don't have a country in which high ranking officials are colluding with Russia.
    And what country would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    The obvious one where people are bwing charged and investigated for colluding with russia
    That's just the Dems and Libs being poor losers.

Quote Originally Posted by hoangtaybaokiem1993 View Post

I agree, tired of being the military for EU because they can't handle their own shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Increase it to 75,000 troops, Europe must be defended against Russian aggression.
    Id rather you just all left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I agree, tired of being the military for EU because they can't handle their own shit.
    lol that is not the reason the US stations troops here, but feel free to stay ignorant.

How many posts like this do we need?? Because of NATO being centered in Europe. FFS, just google it and stop making useless posts.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not troops ....

The ones that are troops are there as a staging post for the middle east mostly. A vast majority are in Germany and this is because most operational centers of NATO are in Germany. It has nothing what so ever to do with the EU.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What threat near Europe is it that Europe would not be able to handle in a conventional defensive war exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    What threat near Europe is it that Europe would not be able to handle in a conventional defensive war exactly?
    Just Americans who are ignorant on any and all foreign issues.

Um... didn't Pickle Rick post this exact topic like 2 days ago? What is the point of this?

I would pull them out if it were up to me. They would be put to better use conquering Venezuela for the oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I would pull them out if it were up to me. They would be put to better use conquering Venezuela for the oil.
    Good ol' American imperialism/capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Good ol' American imperialism/capitalism.
    Yup. I never hide it. I would conquer it, kick the people out, and make it an American territory for oil and a nice vacation spot.

Yup. I never hide it. I would conquer it, kick the people out, and make it an American territory for oil and a nice vacation spot.
    At least you're not trying to hide your fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refreshing to see a fascist on MMO-C who is actually honest, some of the other posters could learn something from you.