Page 1 of 42
... LastLast
    Deleted

Raider.io and Curve are ruining the game, wake up people.

People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve, in fact, Blizzard should just shut them down or block APIs to keep them from scanning chars. People are turning into litteral mongoloids using this and it ruines the game. It's just like the mess the game became at WOTLK when the addon Gearscore was introduced, people went ape shit with delirious prerequisites to enter raids or M+. Just look at Uldir, the next week after it's opening, people were already checking Raider.Io, Curve, or whatever aids was invented to scan progression, and if you didn't down G'huun the first week, well you are fucked.

I don't know if Blizzard guys get onto this forum, but really, Raider.io and Curve need to be put down for the sake of the game not being ruined by morons that can't bear to just be decent people and just play without being monkeys and ask for every dungeon to be a literally a carry.

Just like in WotLK, make your own group. I don't get this complaint at all.

Blizzard should block the API to show their own achievement now?

10/10 post would read again.

On the other thing... Even if blizzard broke the raider io addon, people are still gonna look you up before running high keys with you, just like they checked wowprogress before it was a thing.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-10-09 at 07:39 PM.

I didn't really use Raider.IO at first, but I got tired of getting people who were 350+ IL and didn't know the dungeon or its mechanics. Even people at 370+ IL are terrible at mechanics. After I started using raider IO I was able to put together groups of people who were fluent in the mechanics and do more challenging content without a key saboteur.

Deleted
    This post really only deserves a "git gud".

Why would I bring someone with 200 m+ score to a +11 when I have access to a lot of people who have at least done enough m+ to time a +10 per dungeon. If I have to pick a random I don't know with 200 or a random I don't know with 1000 I'll take the 1000 every single time.

Same for Curve.

Ilvl is always considered alongside this.

The people who hate it, are the people who aren't good enough.

While I am not a fan of Raider.io or people who use it to form ELITEST only groups, I can't help but post here to call you a moron.

You can just as easily create a group yourself and spend the time forming a group. You invite the random people with shitty ilvls and poor raider.io scores because you are willing to hold their hands and complete their expired key!!!

You can MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP if joining a group is hard. Trust me, I main a Shadow Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    I didn't really use Raider.IO at first, but I got tired of getting people who were 350+ IL and didn't know the dungeon or its mechanics. Even people at 370+ IL are terrible at mechanics. After I started using raider IO I was able to put together groups of people who were fluent in the mechanics and do more challenging content without a key saboteur.
    Yes. Because like at the WOTLK period, ilvl is an obvious secure way to be sure someone knows his shit, like, I mean, you totally can't get into a group while being a total retard, get carried and ending up with the raider.io or curve progression. This shit is flawless you see.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This behavior never went away. When Gearscore was dunked people started having stupid iLevels (end of Legion I was seeing people wanting mythic iLevels for a normal Antorus run) and eventually requiring kill achievements to join. Now they're using Raider.io and Curve.

Players wanted free carries, players want free carries, players will continue to want free carries.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    The people who hate it, are the people who aren't good enough.
    Please, spare me your 420noscoopMLGhacker bullshit, I see enough retarded morons in-game without having to eat your BS.

Deleted
    Raider IO is good since gear inflation. You can no longer tell with TF and warforged that a person has accomplished anything!

I mean you realize Blizzard literally put Gearscore into the game with ilvl displays right? That's all gearscore was back in the day. And sure you can get carried to a good raider.io score but that's still less likely than having a lucky high ilvl and still being terrible. Again, just make your own groups and enjoy people messing up your own keys. People using raider.io are finding groups for THEIR key so they can take whoever they want

The problem is less with these addons and achievements and more with the way Blizzard distributes gear now.

These days you can be one of the most garbage players in the game and have a 375+ ilvl with luck and heroic runs. That makes it hard for players to tell at a glance who's the night elf hunter who stands in fire and reaps the rewards of personal loot, and who's the actual competent player who has to carry said people in their raids. M+ is designed in such a way that you can't just "take the plunge" if you're someone who does them regularly, and as a result these systems need to exist even if they're annoying and elitist.

What actually needs to happen is that ilvl needs to start being a proper gauge for player ability again and this luck bullshit needs to go die with Blizzard's RNG fetish for the past few years. Once people can see that a player is good based on their lvl again and invite similar ilvl players this kind of garbage will die out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve, in fact, Blizzard should just shut them down or block APIs to keep them from scanning chars. People are turning into litteral mongoloids using this and it ruines the game. It's just like the mess the game became at WOTLK when the addon Gearscore was introduced, people went ape shit with delirious prerequisites to enter raids or M+. Just look at Uldir, the next week after it's opening, people were already checking Raider.Io, Curve, or whatever aids was invented to scan progression, and if you didn't down G'huun the first week, well you are fucked.

I don't know if Blizzard guys get onto this forum, but really, Raider.io and Curve need to be put down for the sake of the game not being ruined by morons that can't bear to just be decent people and just play without being monkeys and ask for every dungeon to be a literally a carry.
    I will always vet the players that request to join my group, be it logs, raider.io, gearscore, ilevel, curve.

I'm never going to invite a player, just based on your word that you're a good player, coming from a guy who curved week 1 in a pug, because his guild couldn't keep up, I demanded atleast g'huun normal kill on my first ever aotc pug, ever since no one without curve is permitted in.

Then comes logs, if you got curve but shit logs, no dice.

Raider .io is needed to make sure we don't get in a group with people from hispanic realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    I will always vet the players that request to join my group, be it logs, raider.io, gearscore, ilevel, curve.

I'm never going to invite a player, just based on your word that you're a good player, coming from a guy who curved week 1 in a pug, because his guild couldn't keep up, I demanded atleast g'huun normal kill on my first ever aotc pug, ever since no one without curve is permitted in.

Then comes logs, if you got curve but shit logs, no dice.
    Sorry to tell you, but you are a moron, and literraly why this game becomes shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The problem is less with these addons and achievements and more with the way Blizzard distributes gear now.

These days you can be one of the most garbage players in the game and have a 375+ ilvl with luck and heroic runs. That makes it hard for players to tell at a glance who's the night elf hunter who stands in fire and reaps the rewards of personal loot, and who's the actual competent player who has to carry said people in their raids. M+ is designed in such a way that you can't just "take the plunge" if you're someone who does them regularly, and as a result these systems need to exist even if they're annoying and elitist.

What actually needs to happen is that ilvl needs to start being a proper gauge for player ability again and this luck bullshit needs to go die with Blizzard's RNG fetish for the past few years. Once people can see that a player is good based on their lvl again and invite similar ilvl players this kind of garbage will die out.
    100% this. If Blizzard got rid of WF/TF and ilvl just scaled with content difficulty then raider.io and shit wouldnt be needed. As of now it is needed. A terrible alt can get 360-370 without having done any M+ at all.

This thread has devolved into OP calling people morons for not agreeing with him, rip

No idea why people consider elitism a bad thing. It's litteraly what drives progress.

Than start your own groups players we'll just use achievements or item level. Any non retarded person vets the people they surround themselves with raider.io does this for them.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!