Thread: AoE Affliction

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

AoE Affliction

Bring back Soul the Flame!!

Try demon for AoE. I think they clearly intend Affliction to have weakness for AoE and want our dots to BE our AoE as a cleave or spread damage. It doesn't work as good as it should because dots by themselves have shitty damage. PVP is there to proove it.

It's not that they don't see a problem, they just think it's a problem that afflic needs in it's core, if it makes any sense to you.

I'm fine with it as long as the spec has something it excels with, but seriously, try demon for M+. It owns.
    Thanks for the heads up!

blizzard need to understand that niche roles are ruining the game, it only creates imbalance on the game, legion was really good because all classes have their damage balanced, i you make some classes do tons of ST but without AoE, classes that do AoE but not single target, classes that do both things good, classes that do huge damage with 1 button and classes that no matter how your push your buttons or item level you cant do burst well you are ruining your own game blizzard.
    I can understand that some classes do more single target or more aoe, but in reasonable %, no more than 20%. But right now you have classes that do 500% more AoE than others with only pushing 1 button, this doesnt help when you are trying to run M+ dungeons, you make the other classes feel worthless like affliction, i need to be carry the whole dungeon and only do dps on the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    blizzard need to understand that niche roles are ruining the game, it only creates imbalance on the game, legion was really good because all classes have their damage balanced, i you make some classes do tons of ST but without AoE, classes that do AoE but not single target, classes that do both things good, classes that do huge damage with 1 button and classes that no matter how your push your buttons or item level you cant do burst well you are ruining your own game blizzard.
    I can understand that some classes do more single target or more aoe, but in reasonable %, no more than 20%. But right now you have classes that do 500% more AoE than others with only pushing 1 button, this doesnt help when you are trying to run M+ dungeons, you make the other classes feel worthless like affliction, i need to be carry the whole dungeon and only do dps on the bosses.
    I actually like the fact that we have niches at least within the lock spec. If Destro did not have better burst priority damage nor Demo the AoE there would be little reason to spec out of affy right now. One tricking is boring for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Legion was balanced? You're talking about WoW expansion, right? Not some other game?

From my experience people who start with "Blizzard needs to understand that X is ruining the game" are full of shit. Back in the glory days of MoP the top thing that "ruined the game" was exactly the same thing you want to happen - i.e. everyone able to do everything, which pretty much resulted in a class that does it best being the top pick and the rest at best unoptimal.

I think it is cool that there are specs that are massively more effective at specific niches as a trade off for some weakness, as long as this niche is a niche and a weakness is a weakness.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Flame is one of the only artifact traits (from any class) I really miss. Few things were more satisfying than killing one mob and watching everything around it explode in a cascade of Soul Flame.

VT needs to be better. AoE UA damage for no shard and maybe 20 sec cooldown. SoC is so mechanically fubar I would rather not even have to work with it beyond dot spreading unless they intend a rework or let the talented version spread Agony too... I would say give murder of crows cooldown treatment to PS but everyone already always takes it so no reason to expect QoL help or product polish.

DS needs to maybe do a chain lightning drain or something because it is certainly terrible now and if it can’t be tuned to exceed shadowbolt as a trap talent single target and is only good for what....shard sniping? At the cost of affliction’s niche? I’d like to see it have some identity. Also why are we using a 2004 graphic when maelific grasp animation from a few expacs ago was better?! If it chained to multiple targets draining it would have a niche.

VT could be usefull if the slow was improved. 70% would be something I'd consider for M+.

DS could "pulse" damage from the spell arround targets in a 6 yards or something. Would be a cool effect.
    Thanks for the heads up!

My two ideas for Aff AOE are either a spread dots spell, or a AOE drain life. Give it a minute, minute and a half CD so that it is for priority, rather than continually putting up aoe - we shouldnt need that.

At the very, very least, i REALLY really wish they would reduce the cast time of Seed. It's so slow it's glacial.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    At the very, very least, i REALLY really wish they would reduce the cast time of Seed. It's so slow it's glacial.
    Yep Reduce Cast time / Increase Damages (Bring back SF) / no shard cost ...
    Start with that it can be a good start ! But we all know that blizzard ignore what we are saying here, worse i'm pretty sure they don't even read it !

They will check the TOP ranking player (1% of wow Players) - if Top players are doing well with no complain we can wait forever for a change !

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back MoP Soul Swap!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    My two ideas for Aff AOE are either a spread dots spell, or a AOE drain life. Give it a minute, minute and a half CD so that it is for priority, rather than continually putting up aoe - we shouldnt need that.

Meanwhile Melee classes push one button and aoe everything within range while still doing amazing single target dps with 0 cast times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Bring back MoP Soul Swap!
    Soul swap was so fun.

I like the idea of VT with a big snare but will piss off tanks in m+. I have been saying bilescourge need the vortex effect to make them fun. Aff needs some snap AoE that isn’t tied to long CD or manual dotting. All the world doesn’t play 10 keys... A short cd 1 or no shard high snare VT could be exactly that but be different enough in mechanics and flavor from PS.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sow the Seeds changed into something more useful for multi-target.

Imagine if Sow the Seeds became a 1 minute cooldown that caused your next Seed to apply Agony instead of Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Sow the Seeds changed into something more useful for multi-target.

Imagine if Sow the Seeds became a 1 minute cooldown that caused your next Seed to apply Agony instead of Corruption.
    How is that more useful? That is a huge nerf.

I like Affliction being weak at AOE. It needs a weakness and this is pretty good. It's still perfectly functional and even great in M+, so I don't see this as something for them to fix any time soon, if ever.

Edit: if ever meaning, as long as we're so strong in other areas
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2018-10-17 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post

This is probably one of the worst class design ideas I have ever seen.

You should apply for a dev position at Blizzard.

We need a AoE instant spell that use soul shards and can also generate soul shards or maybe something that would work like Mind Sear. A AoE channeling spell would be awesome i think

I'll throw some ideas:
    -Make Sow the Seeds baseline adding one more target (Legion Iteration)
    -Remove Vile Taint
    -Make Sow the Seeds spread your Agony, Corruption and Siphon Life. You'll have to set up your DoTs in a single target, throw seed, let it explode and spread them dots.
    -Remove Vile Taint and Haunt
    -Make your Summon Dark Glare to do splash damage.
    -Remove Vile Taint, Haunt and Deathbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    I actually like the fact that we have niches at least within the lock spec. If Destro did not have better burst priority damage nor Demo the AoE there would be little reason to spec out of affy right now. One tricking is boring for me.
    Didn't you get the memo? They don't want us to switch between specs.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2018-10-17 at 08:57 PM. Reason: because

Quote Originally Posted by Zythe View Post
    We need a AoE instant spell that use soul shards and can also generate soul shards or maybe something that would work like Mind Sear. A AoE channeling spell would be awesome i think
    You do not want something like Mind Sear ... don't ever ask for something like it. But hei, if they give you Mind sear and Spriests get something actually useful then sure.