Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will healing be easy mode like in vanilla?

I watched some vanilla time videos from healing PoV. Some use addons that trivializes healing like this video below shows. My understanding is that addons like Squishy which makes priority list of targets to heal no longer works in retail. Will these be available in Classic?

Probably not, given how much Blizzard hated addons like that at the time, and how they don't allow them now.

I personally hope they won't, and I'll be maining a healer.

They will use the modern addon API so cheats and exploits like that will no longer work.

Since Classic runs on modern client there wont be gamebreaking automation addons.

I personally did just fine in vanilla healing without auto healing addons (I used decursive though).

Ah, good old kill videos! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Since Classic runs on modern client there wont be gamebreaking automation addons.

I personally did just fine in vanilla healing without auto healing addons (I used decursive though).
    Somewhat contradictive statements there. Decurse was the worst of the worst.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Downranking will exist, but addons which choose the spell for you won't. Also, those addons weren't "cheating" or "exploits" lol. Was just a limitation of the client at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

I decided to give Classic a try but I really do hope as well addons like these won't work.

Is that raid leader Yliajo from Method?

ot: it wont be a big deal even if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Decurse was the worst of the worst.
    While true, after the first few tiers the encounters were designed around decursive existing. Bosses through out masses of debuffs that you had to cleanse within a second, which without decursive you never stood a chance to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    While true, after the first few tiers the encounters were designed around decursive existing. Bosses through out masses of debuffs that you had to cleanse within a second, which without decursive you never stood a chance to do.
    How would bosses be doable if Decursive is broken in current client?

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    How would bosses be doable if Decursive is broken in current client?
    It might be harder, but I think it will be possible. Better to wait and see about that. If the hardcore guilds still die after a few months, then there might be a problem but that seems unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh why? Decursive just made it more brain dead.

Your raid frames will show who needs decursing, press your keybind. You will be assigned to decursing certain groups so it's not like you're checking all 40 players at once. You then have 1.5 secs to move to the next player needing decursed.

This is not hard.

Since the game is a rollback from 7.3.5 which is renamed something like 1.13.0(which whould the first new patch on the old game if they released another patch in classic).
    So most likely addons which worked on 7.3.5 will work in WoW Classic
    Last edited by Zulatomten; 2019-01-27 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used special addon for healing. Mange your raid/party frames was/is the best solution for me. I healed as shaman/druid/priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    This is not hard.
    Perhaps not "hard" as such, but extremely tedious and boring. This is just not how the bosses played out in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps not "hard" as such, but extremely tedious and boring. This is just not how the bosses played out in the past.
    Clicking a red dot on decursive is also extremely boring and tedious.

Yes it will be a lot easier than today, I was a main priest heal for most of vanilla and I had to downrank only in Naxx.... I never bothered to downrank before
    You have 4 spells, flash (dont use it unless you have to), greater heal, "heal" (downrank from greater heal, more mana efficient), shield and the HoT
    My last down was Thaddius

And one spell for aoe heals when needed...

I think I used decursive and some addons like Clique but I never used healbot, its was like a "cheat mode" (and not needed at all to play effeiciently)
    I'm sure these addons will be banned, they said they'll use the same LUA system as retail and it makes a lot of sense, code from 2004 is too easily hackable nowadays and the original LUA had almost no limits at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Somewhat contradictive statements there. Decurse was the worst of the worst.
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about, the first decursive was a /decursive macro with auto target (you wouldn't even loose your current target), then it becames some grid where you have to click yoursef and I think you lost your current target at some time.

So it was just easier to find what you could dispel, its was not "easier" to dispel in that version. The macro version only lasted a few months

On the other end, there were addons like healbots that selected the most efficient rank without overhealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Eh why? Decursive just made it more brain dead.

Your raid frames will show who needs decursing, press your keybind. You will be assigned to decursing certain groups so it's not like you're checking all 40 players at once. You then have 1.5 secs to move to the next player needing decursed.

This is not hard.
    With lags and such, Lucifron in full blue/greens was really hard without decursive... And if I remember right, rogues (and other dps) could be MC and litterally destroy your clothie's ass.
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-01-10 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    With lags and such, Lucifron in full blue/greens was really hard without decursive... And if I remember right, rogues (and other dps) could be MC and litterally destroy your clothie's ass.
    Don't ever recall lag being an issue in MC.

Not saying it was lag free, the servers would run like shit from time to time (they still do). But it was never a common issue, at least in my experience and I've never seen Lucifron and hard used in the same sentence before.

Anyway, no matter what we think about difficulty back then, I'm saying it won't be hard now without decursive.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-01-10 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about, the first decursive was a /decursive macro with auto target (you wouldn't even loose your current target), then it becames some grid where you have to click yoursef and I think you lost your current target at some time.

So it was just easier to find what you could dispel, its was not "easier" to dispel in that version. The macro version only lasted a few months

On the other end, there were addons like healbots that selected the most efficient rank without overhealing.
    I was a Paladin in Vanilla, and while I didn't raid Naxx I did do some AQ40, and was forced to use decurse on some bosses in there where I literally just spammed it and nothing else. Thrilling gameplay.