Thread: M+ Rewards

Question M+ Rewards

Would you push m+ high keys if instead o loot you have higher chances dropping cosmetics/mounts or a season transmog reward for XXXX score like in pvp

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I need the gear because m+ is the only group pve content I do.

Probably not, if class balance stays as awful as it is in high m+, basically only a handful of specs are good, vast majority of 20+ keystone runs is blood dk, rogue, havoc, and either druid or monk healer, and either boomkin or frost mage. 7 specs out of 36. Then maybe there's a handful of contenders you can make work if you put double the effort than the auto-include specs, or you tailor the whole team around supporting you (good luck if you aren't a famous streamer or world top player). After that, everything else is completely rejected. I'd swear I've seen more spec variety in top end arena than this.

When there's 600 score disparity between top and bottom spec in a role, you know the system is broken and your opportunities to compete aren't fair, but rigged by your class choice. So basically reroll or perish.

Cosmetic rewards for m+ should be a thing. Just like elite gladiator items are (I don't pvp, don't know much about this). In its current state, you only need to do a +10 for the maximum ilvl reward. A +10 atm is like hitting 1200-1500 somewhere in pvp. It doesn't take effort.

Cosmetic items are items that do not effect gameplay, but sadly these things are becoming more and more a reward for micro-transactions. MoP cm sets were cool and unique, same with most of WoD's cm weapons.

Problem is, where should the line be drawn? Completing every keystone at +15? 12? 18?
    How rare should it be, how much work should we put in?

Apart from the extra chanse of getting a titanforged item, the only motivation now is increasing one selfs score - and pushing own abilities. A cosmetic reward to at least maybe push some more people to pursue it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Staraptor View Post
    Would you push m+ high keys if instead o loot you have higher chances dropping cosmetics/mounts or a season transmog reward for XXXX score like in pvp
    Nope, I have no interest in useless rewards.

I would push M+ way more if there was rewards after the 15+ achievement. It would also be nice to have rewards for said achievements. Legion had rewards, and I don't understand why Blizzard decided to not give anything for the first season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prolly not, but the two season achivements should atleast give a title,xmog or mount imo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Probably not, if class balance stays as awful as it is in high m+, basically only a handful of specs are good, vast majority of 20+ keystone runs is blood dk, rogue, havoc, and either druid or monk healer, and either boomkin or frost mage. 7 specs out of 36. Then maybe there's a handful of contenders you can make work if you put double the effort than the auto-include specs, or you tailor the whole team around supporting you (good luck if you aren't a famous streamer or world top player). After that, everything else is completely rejected. I'd swear I've seen more spec variety in top end arena than this.

When there's 600 score disparity between top and bottom spec in a role, you know the system is broken and your opportunities to compete aren't fair, but rigged by your class choice. So basically reroll or perish.
    Infinite scaling content will always force a tighter meta than any type of non-scaling content.

Even mythic raids or arena.

You think if there was mythic+ raids that it would tighten up the required classes as guilds pushed it?

And only 5 spots for 12 classes which is:

1 tank slot for 6 tank specs
    1 healing slot for 5 healing specs
    3 dps slots for 24 dps specs

And you expect the community/game won't develop a meta for the best of each no matter what????? Or that all specs should be equally capable yet fundamentally different in play?

If the community didn't want this they should pine for Blizzard to remove infinite scaling like they don't scale raids.

Cap it at 15 and done.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2019-01-19 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    And you expect the community/game won't develop a meta for the best of each no matter what????? Or that all specs should be equally capable yet fundamentally different in play?
    Even in competitive arena there are few different team comps at the top, with different classes. Doesn't mean every class / spec matches in every comp, and yes, there are some that are excluded (even not counting tanks that are not meant for competitive pvp).

Unfortunately, for m+ Blizzard decided to overload some specs like havoc with utility, while gut others, like dps warriors (why shockwave was removed?), if dhs were less "universal" that would open a spot for different melee comps.

Funnily healers have most "viable" specs, druid, monk, and to some extent disc and pala are viable. Why can't we have similar diversity in other roles?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Prolly not, but the two season achivements should atleast give a title,xmog or mount imo.
    Probably. I would have actually bothered https://raider.io/characters/us/zuljin/Polkaz

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Even in competitive arena there are few different team comps at the top, with different classes. Doesn't mean every class / spec matches in every comp, and yes, there are some that are excluded (even not counting tanks that are not meant for competitive pvp).

Unfortunately, for m+ Blizzard decided to overload some specs like havoc with utility, while gut others, like dps warriors (why shockwave was removed?), if dhs were less "universal" that would open a spot for different melee comps.

Funnily healers have most "viable" specs, druid, monk, and to some extent disc and pala are viable. Why can't we have similar diversity in other roles?
    Arena isn't an infinite scaling, static, pve system and is fundamentally different than mythic+.

Do you really think once Havoc & rogues got nerfed that suddenly dozens of specs would become viable? That they wouldn't be replaced with the next best 2 and we would start all over?

Healers have more flexibility because their throughput is capped with damage intake. They are not like dps which can always push higher. A reason why healers are always geared up last in progression.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    hell no I would probably quit the game if they introduced more "seasonal" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Staraptor View Post
    I do them either way because they're fun. Cosmetics/mounts/titles would add more incentive to actually try and push higher, and perhaps more people would try to push higher as a result. Atm the only real reward is bragging rights with raider.io.

I wouldn't push higher just to receive a cosmetic reward, but I am sure there are people who would, and having cosmetic rewards for achieving the highest level of play is something I think is a nice touch.

I wouldn't.

But that being said, Mythic+ really needs to copy the pvp reward system, titles and conquest gear IMO. Even the Prestige system.

I would push and say rating as well so we can stop relying on an external website, plus if they want to make it an esport it should have it like arena and battlegrounds.

And also, why does it rewards gear of lower ilvl than raiding and pvp... ?!?! just make the chest rewards your highest TIMED key instead of completed or increase the difficulty of a 10 so it would be more rough to carry people, but it's a bit ridiculous it's the only way to play that doesn't give you the best rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I wouldn't.

But that being said, Mythic+ really needs to copy the pvp reward system, titles and conquest gear IMO. Even the Prestige system.

I would push and say rating as well so we can stop relying on an external website, plus if they want to make it an esport it should have it like arena and battlegrounds.

And also, why does it rewards gear of lower ilvl than raiding and pvp... ?!?! just make the chest rewards your highest TIMED key instead of completed or increase the difficulty of a 10 so it would be more rough to carry people, but it's a bit ridiculous it's the only way to play that doesn't give you the best rewards.
    Yea its sad that it isn't a standalone option.
    To push high keys you either need to do mythic raiding or get lucky with tf.
    I would love to be able to do m+ only.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The idea is good, but class balance would need alot of tweaking then. You can't have a certain class performing alot better ( by default, regardless of player skill level ) than another one and expect a healthy competition.
    But generally speaking, yea that kind of system would encourage more people to get into m+ dungeons, it would certainly encourage me to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    The idea is good, but class balance would need alot of tweaking then. You can't have a certain class performing alot better ( by default, regardless of player skill level ) than another one and expect a healthy competition.
    But generally speaking, yea that kind of system would encourage more people to get into m+ dungeons, it would certainly encourage me to do so
    It would make it a separate path of gearing.
    Now to do high keys you either need to have tf gear or raid mythic because that drops highest ilvl gear.
    Kinda sad that m+ doesn't really give anything after HC raid gear ilvl because its kinda a stopgap.