Page 1 of 65
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down So, item levels are getting spiked for no reason. Again.

Wow. Just... Wow. Here's the text from the post, for those who haven't read it.

- New Maximum Item Level: With great challenges come great rewards and the maximum possible item level will go up to 425.
    - Battle for Darkshore Warfront: Battle for Darkshore rewards will also increase to 400 from both the outdoor boss and from Warfront quest that can be completed once per cycle. The difficulty of the Warfront will increase however, and the item level required to queue will increase to 335. These changes will go into effect after the current Warfront cycle has ended. Until that time, players will still receive Season 1 rewards.
    - World Quest Emissary Rewards: World Quest Emissary weapon and armor rewards will also now scale up to 385 based on the player’s own item level. Rewards from the original Battle for Azeroth Launch World bosses will remain at item level 355 to stay on par with Uldir.
    - Dungeon Rewards and Difficulty: The difficulty of Heroic and Mythic dungeons will also be increase as follows: Normal–340, Heroic–355, and Mythic– 370 (baseline).
    - Mythic Keystone Dungeons and PvP: During the first week of Season 2 Mythic Keystone Dungeon rewards will be capped at Mythic 6 quality (item level 385). PvP Season 2 end-of-match rewards will be capped at 385.
    - Seals of Wartorn Fate: Seals of Wartorn Fate are not being reset and this same currency can be used for Battle of Dazar’alor and Season 2 bonus rolls; the cap on how many can be held at once remains at 5.

Meh, enough is enough.

I'm not putting any more money into this because, frankly, this design team just hasn't got a clue why its systems are broken, and why so many players are resolutely unhappy with it. With a single raid tier, the item level has been well over doubled from what the expansion starts with, and rather than keeping content relevant it just gets made laughably pointless with a shallow system that players want sheer luck from in order to gear past the spots of what they're actually doing.

Welcome to Diablo 3, built by a team that has fundamentally no interest in making a game that its players are interested in.

Dungeons just jump 30 points, while WQs jump to 385.

Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

- New Maximum Item Level: With great challenges come great rewards and the maximum possible item level will go up to 425.
    - Battle for Darkshore Warfront: Battle for Darkshore rewards will also increase to 400 from both the outdoor boss and from Warfront quest that can be completed once per cycle. The difficulty of the Warfront will increase however, and the item level required to queue will increase to 335. These changes will go into effect after the current Warfront cycle has ended. Until that time, players will still receive Season 1 rewards.
    - World Quest Emissary Rewards: World Quest Emissary weapon and armor rewards will also now scale up to 385 based on the player’s own item level. Rewards from the original Battle for Azeroth Launch World bosses will remain at item level 355 to stay on par with Uldir.
    - Dungeon Rewards and Difficulty: The difficulty of Heroic and Mythic dungeons will also be increase as follows: Normal–340, Heroic–355, and Mythic– 370 (baseline).
    - Mythic Keystone Dungeons and PvP: During the first week of Season 2 Mythic Keystone Dungeon rewards will be capped at Mythic 6 quality (item level 385). PvP Season 2 end-of-match rewards will be capped at 385.
    - Seals of Wartorn Fate: Seals of Wartorn Fate are not being reset and this same currency can be used for Battle of Dazar’alor and Season 2 bonus rolls; the cap on how many can be held at once remains at 5.

Meh, enough is enough.

I'm not putting any more money into this because, frankly, this design team just hasn't got a clue why its systems are broken, and why so many players are resolutely unhappy with it. With a single raid tier, the item level has been well over doubled from what the expansion starts with, and rather than keeping content relevant it just gets made laughably pointless with a shallow system that players want sheer luck from in order to gear past the spots of what they're actually doing.

Welcome to Diablo 3, built by a team that has fundamentally no interest in making a game that its players are interested in.

Jesus.
    Very slowly becoming world of casual craft.

Meh, enough is enough.

Jesus.
    You're new to this game i take it? Badges were a thing since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem. Raid gear is being increasing because there's a new raid coming out and gear from other content is increasing to match that.

Also, emissary caches are not the same as WQs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Very slowly becoming world of casual craft.
    Mythic raids and mungeons will be giving out 415 gear, forging up to 425. 385 is normal quality gear level.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shit, where have you been like last 15 years? New raid tier - higher ilvls across the board. What's new here?

I swear some lemmings here will bitch about anything. I bet next thread will be about quitting the game because Alliance color is blue and Horde is red.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated before; it's been like this for a long time, still people cry about it. AGAIN.

I wonder whats worse... actually no the crying is worse.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reasons are pretty obvious and make sense. A new raid is coming out, which means that current raid gear is now the entry level gear for the new raid, which in turn means that content like world quests and 5 mans, whose purpose is to help players equip themselves with entry level raid gear, needs higher level gear rewards.

I am not really sure exactly why you think this is so obviously problematic that you don't even have to explain your position?
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-01-18 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrush View Post
    As stated before; it's been like this for a long time, still people cry about it. AGAIN.
    It's been nothing like this 'for a long time'.

Absolutely nothing like it.

It largely started in Legion, but was nowhere near as bad as this.

Those arguing to the contrary are largely telling me that they've been playing the game for a few years; at best.

The way they are calling each tier a season now, is a bit worrying. To me it seems like a push to divide the expansion into 3-4 part where they just reset everything, making the stuff you did in the previous season almost irrelevant. The extreme of this model is to change the expansion model and make it something like Fortnite where they sell you each season. I know is tin foil hat conspiracy, but it would be a way to do annual expansions, something that they always wanted to do but never were able to accomplish.

To those that ask what is different, is the shear amount of gear you get now(and to a lesser extreme in Legion). Before there was some sort of reset every tier, but the stuff outside of raids didnt scale to the new rewards. Now we have WQ, m+, m+ weakly chest, warfronts, expolsuim. I can get a new character and hit ilv 400 in 2 weeks, making it pointless to play on the first season(outside of cosmetic rewards).
    Last edited by Dartakan; 2019-01-18 at 08:22 AM.

It's been nothing like this 'for a long time'.

Absolutely nothing like it.

It largely started in Legion, but was nowhere near as bad as this.

Those arguing to the contrary are largely telling me that they've been playing the game for a few years; at best.
    HAHAHAH it has been like this since WOTLK when they started multiple difficulties per tier .. you want this gone?? have one HARD raid difficulty like BC and it will be gone.

We went +200 ilvl in just one raid tier. Blizzard made their ilvl/stat squish meaningless within a few months, it's shocking how they keep butchering the character progression by throwing endless gear/ilvl/difficulties into a blender.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The shit, where have you been like last 15 years? New raid tier - higher ilvls across the board. What's new here?

I swear some lemmings here will bitch about anything. I bet next thread will be about quitting the game because Alliance color is blue and Horde is red.
    It wasnt like this during vannila and TBC so quit lieing thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    HAHAHAH it has been like this since WOTLK when they started multiple difficulties per tier .. you want this gone?? have one HARD raid difficulty like BC and it will be gone.
    Thats not excuse for this broken system. HHAHAHA it was broken since WOTLK and thats like somehow make it ok or what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrush View Post

I wonder whats worse... actually no the crying is worse.
    Yeah it doesnt mean it is good system rofl. So if Blizzard would put high end gear vendors for 1 gold in WOTLK it would be absolutly ok becouse it would be like this for long time? How is time any relevant to wow systemns? Bad system is bad no matter how long is present in game.

They're simply increasing everything based upon Previous tier Mythic (Raid) is now LFR, i.e. +30 levels.

What were you expecting?
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

7+ Year Old Account
    have one HARD raid difficulty like BC and it will be gone.
    That is exactly what I want. Progression felt a whole lot more meaningful in those days when every patch didn't completely trivialize all the previous effort you put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'll clear this up for the people who just don't get it.

Tell me:

1. When did dungeon items get their item levels increased, rather than new dungeons with better gear?
    2. When did World Quests start getting their items increased, rather than replaced via new content?
    3. When did vendors get their items increased, rather than a new tier vendor prior to the system removal?
    4. When did gear bonus procs start their random item level increase, rather than a specific value?

I'll let you start with those four. And, to be fair, anyone is allowed to answer them. I'll happily correct those who are wrong, just to put this "this iz fiftein yearz lolz" claim out of the thread, because it's laughably incorrect.

@OneWay, @XDurionX, @Gaidax and @Felrush are all invited to answer these questions, too.

It’s interesting, Blizz are making the previous raid totally irrelevant, even to newcomers or alts, gear to get into Dazar’Alor can be farmed up completely solo now, almost as if they expected a lack of Uldir-groups in Season 2 for gearing up that way...

Tinfoil hat or sad truth?

It’s also a “participation”-thing, participation in World quests and Darkshore WF would fall off a cliff (As Arathi WF participation inevitably will) if the gear rewards were irrelevant, sometimes i long for the days of badges, for all the faults of that system, by updating rewards it kept content relevant for everybody throughout the expansion without having to resort to stuff like “Dungeons will drop better gear, but be harder too”

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dude...the ilvl goes up every patch. It's been that way since the start of the game. Since BC you had catchup or welfare gear to kinda get around the fact you don't want to run old raids on your alts to gear them up and shit. It's not meant to stay relevant. It's been that way forever. You're out of touch OP. Looks like all that gear you paid to get carried through doesn't matter anymore and you'll have to buy it again.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Good stuff for me

Sort of, the wq still based off your item level so a newly dinged 120 won’t be seeing those 385 right away

10+ Year Old Account
    But players love to feel power increase, don't they? I certainly do! If I'm doing 12k DPS with 385 gear, I'm expecting to do 20k dps with 415 gear, not some tiny increase like +2k dps per raid tier. How boring that would be!