Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So tomorrow is my boyfriend's 30th birthday and this weekend I'm going to go all out & make him Julia Child's coq au vin recipe for him since tomorrow we'll be having dinner with his mom & sister for the actual birthday. Problem is I don't know what to pair with the coq au vin for side dishes. Anyone have any suggestions for what to make with it?
    Google says noodles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up going with riced cauliflower as a side. This is the end result (my boyfriend's first of two plates lol). I ended up using Stella red for the wine because I never had Stelle red before so it turned out with a hint of sweetness to the dish. It wasn't bad at all. In fact, like I said my boyfriend loved it and had two plates of it so obviously he enjoyed it. And before anyone comments on the plate I used, yes we tend to use Chinete plates instead of ceramic ones because we both hate doing dishes since we have no dishwasher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's like that for most ethnic cuisines in the US, from what I've seen. Americans don't like authentically foreign food, you need to travel for it.
    Living here in California, I can go eat authentic Mexican food only just about every street corner. I've been to Mexico, my in-laws are Mexican, and I can say with 100% certainty that most of the Mexican places around here are authentic.