View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Snip
    Your original question was about if they can steal an idea. No they cannot. Bringing in different discussions has no relevance to your original question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Your original question was about if they can steal an idea. No they cannot. Bringing in different discussions has no relevance to your original question.
    Yeah and that's been answered, so that's a follow up question.
    After all, i already asked on the last page:

Basically, what Icefrog did with Dota, is this somehow against this policy?
    If your answer in any shape or form to this is yes (which it was since you said you'd have to change the name), then the ToS has obviously changed in the favour of Blizzard.

What Icefrog did with DotA wasn't in any way "unfair" towards Blizzard, they didn't invest anything into DotA, they didn't contribute anything to its development, thus the outcome should be the same if such a situation should ever occur again.
    If the new ToS changes this somehow, then people are right to criticize it.

Of all the things to remove, why the hell did they remove Grom Hellscreams' first name??

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Of all the things to remove, why the hell did they remove Grom Hellscreams' first name??
    Charles? I thought i was the only one who knew..............he said..............he said i was special.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and that's been answered, so that's a follow up question.
    After all, i already asked on the last page:

If your answer in any shape or form to this is yes (which it was since you said you'd have to change the name), then the ToS has obviously changed in the favour of Blizzard.

What Icefrog did with DotA wasn't in any way "unfair" towards Blizzard, they didn't invest anything into DotA, they didn't contribute anything to its development, thus the outcome should be the same if such a situation should ever occur again.
    If the new ToS changes this somehow, then people are right to criticize it.
    Sure but those are two entirely different scenarios is what I am pointing out. You basically asked two different kinds of questions.

1) No they cannot steal an idea from someone

2) Yes they have in place now to prevent another "DotA situation"

Either way it's not a big deal as you're making it out to be in previous posts. People nowadays are, generally, much smarter than before and they have more information (Icefrog's situation). The likelihood of another "DotA situation" occurring with wc3 custom maps is probably as close to zero as ever (aka making some new game mode that becomes so popular it becomes its own genre of game).

And if in the slim chance it does occur, then Blizzard has changed their ToS/EULA in such that they save themselves from another Icefrog/DotA situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried the campaign with the new patch? How are unit animations and their FPS? Is the UI still not 16:9?
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

2) Yes they have in place now to prevent another "DotA situation"
    Then people are right to be upset.
    Nothing that happened with DotA was somehow to the direct disadvantage of Blizzard, this entire lawsuit was just there to stifle a competitor, not to protect any copyright of Blizzard.

The likelihood of another "DotA situation" occurring with wc3 custom maps is probably as close to zero as ever (aka making some new game mode that becomes so popular it becomes its own genre of game).
    Considering that Hiveworkshop (the biggest map creator sit for Warcraft 3) seems pretty pissed about Reforged, i'd say Reforged itself prevented this situation from occuring in a slightly different fashion.

@puddypounce
    I'd like to point out that Hiveworkshop in their TOS explanation states that the TOS does make unreasonable claims:
    Is this legal?
    If we go by european and even some of the most unreasonable consumer laws in south america, by any means this is an abusive clause that therefore is void. However the TOS itself states that the signer and the company will abide by US laws and all conflicts will be resolved by the college of legal arbiters of california. However, this clauses of legal alteration and submition to private jurisdiction can also be considered void for the same reason, abusive clause.
    It's a different story for american modders, but some basis for the same arguments could be found (I am not very versed on american laws saddly).
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...-myths.321844/

So yeah, Blizzard put some weird shit in there.
    I'm not claiming that they own the idea based on that, but putting something like that into your ToS is still a scumbag move, because a court needs to declare this clause as abusive, which obviously requires a lawsuit.

Won't find any official information on that, but a lot of people speculated that Honda knocked at Blizzards door before WoD because they have a trademark on the name "Grom".
    Whether this is the full story is up for anyone to guess, but Grommash was never referred to as "Grom" since WoD, only Grommash or Hellscream.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-07 at 05:10 PM.

Furion was also renamed to Malfurion in TFT, and references of Furion are gone in Reforged.

This is why I hate the corporate speech:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311067....eforged-launch
    Concerning Warcraft III: Reforged, honestly, it's been a bit of a hard week. Our community has come to expect really amazing things from us, and we've heard from them that we did not achieve that bar.
    The game is an absolute flop on the level of Ride to Hell: Retribution if looking at review score by users and absolutely average as by reviews (it gets worse if you do not forget that it is not a new game, but an existing one).
    But no, only "we did not achieve that bar". Well, you kinda did, in the reverse order...

LoL Meta for female DH is male instead of female like wtf xd

10+ Year Old Account
    i refunded the game
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This is why I hate the corporate speech:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311067....eforged-launch

The game is an absolute flop on the level of Ride to Hell: Retribution if looking at review score by users and absolutely average as by reviews (it gets worse if you do not forget that it is not a new game, but an existing one).
    But no, only "we did not achieve that bar". Well, you kinda did, in the reverse order...
    Blizzard is full EA now. You will never hear an admission of failure only a direct to consooomer "we did a fucky wucky UwU, we will be better and do better, 17th times the charm!" and we've seen over the last console generation that bafflingly always works with mainstream rubes. Its kind of fascinating and horrible in equal measure.

That happened back in WoD, and it has something to do with Grom being an existing trademark or something.

So... Blizzard has now removed the infamous Culling of Stratholme trailer, but only for English website. I expect I will see some blue post that there was a mistake or something.
    Too late, still false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Blizzard is full EA now. You will never hear an admission of failure only a direct to consooomer "we did a fucky wucky UwU, we will be better and do better, 17th times the charm!" and we've seen over the last console generation that bafflingly always works with mainstream rubes. Its kind of fascinating and horrible in equal measure.
    But of course. While this time outrage was bigger than usual (and I think Blizzard did not expect it to go this badly), most are still going to buy their shit, because they do not sit on forums/reddit, do not read news further than announcements. Is it a problem? Yes. But they also probably live more peacefully
    Last edited by Easo; 2020-02-09 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That happened back in WoD, and it has something to do with Grom being an existing trademark or something.
    How does that shit even work? It's his name, not some kind of advertising campaign

Brb copyrighting the name "James"

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LoL Meta for female DH is male instead of female like wtf xd
    I am sure they will fix it next week.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to feel like Reforged was just an attempt for Blizzard to make quick cash for another project they are working on. I wonder how successful they were with it, if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am sure they will fix it next week.
    nice.

it was good before this fix though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    How does that shit even work? It's his name, not some kind of advertising campaign

Brb copyrighting the name "James"
    I don't get it either, at this point you would be totally unable to use any single word from the dictionary. Can every game using the word "Legion" anywhere get sued by Blizzard ?

3+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tiran invaders and Theramore are using Lordaeron Banners

High/Blood Elf Ballistae use Night Elf Glaive Throwers

No model for Blood Elf Archers

No model for High Elf Lieutenant (they use Human Captains lole)