View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    3+ Year Old Account
    Not good, Retera has abandoned the development of Retera Studio; and Blizzard/LemonSky still doesn't release whatever the modeling program they used
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    varok doesnt look that good. Its his massive chest and small arms ratio. It just feels off. Otherwise... wondering if someone is putting together w2 in w3 with all those models... and cause they look nice.
    the orcs in general of this game, like wolves, feels rly odd, i think he is using the Grom base model?

as a side note, there wasn't people doing wc3 with the sc2 engine? i think i saw some pics about that in the past

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    wondering if someone is putting together w2 in w3 with all those models... and cause they look nice.
    the Hiveworkshop link is missing for some reason but someone's making this and we're kinda hyped up:

also check the previous 4-5 pages; I posted some Second War Orc custom models

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think he is using the Grom base model?
    Vulfar's Varok was based on Grom and the other guy's Varok was based on Gar'thok if I'm not mistaken

- - - Updated - - -
    @Skayth found it: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...eforged.325570

and https://www.hiveworkshop.com/media/a...cond-war.9994/

Hurkan Skullsplinter with Gul'dan Skull necklace

Nekros Skullcrusher kidnaps Alexstrasza

Teron'gor and Teron Gorefiend

Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-08-08 at 07:15 AM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Why are people even bothering making anything for this garbage of a platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats the biggest issue with reforged changing models so much, are creators gonna assume people hate new models and still work on older version or do they think that if they make models for older version their work will be overlooked for people who only play in reforged?

3+ Year Old Account
    from Necromancer 2 readme:

- - - Updated - - -

Fenris Wolfbrother

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    To be fair modders are the only reason I log back into reforged
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-08-09 at 11:06 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Shadows of Hatred just got a 2.0 remake!

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...d-v2-0.279769/

it's about Maiev and Akama against the Illidari; recommended on patch 1.30.4. If you don't have it simply get it from the said patch backup on Hiveworkshop then use a CD key generator

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Does absofuckinglutely nobody remember when Valve ripped off the creators of the original DOTA, or the lawsuits that came about from it?
    The EULA is there to keep your shit from being stolen. All it is.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Does absofuckinglutely nobody remember when Valve ripped off the creators of the original DOTA, or the lawsuits that came about from it?
    The EULA is there to keep your shit from being stolen. All it is.
    AFAIK Eul and Icefrog were working with Valve. Guinsoo went to create LoL. Not sure about Neichus

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft III: Reforged
    Version 1.32.8 Patch Notes
    August 11, 2020

Art

Breath of Frost spell effect now displays at full quality in Reforged mode.
    Tuskarr Trapper projectile is no longer invisible in Classic mode.
    Adjusted Priestess of the Moon’s positioning within her selection circle in Reforged mode.
    Fixed an issue that was causing the Classic mode version of the Blood Wizard to not display.
    The spell effect for Dragonhawk Rider’s Aerial Shackles is more visible in Reforged mode.
    The spell effect for Faerie Dragon’s Mana Flare is more visible in Reforged mode.
    The spell effect for Destroyer’s Orb of Annihilation in Reforged mode is larger, to better fit the area it affects.
    The spell effect from Protection Scroll is more visible in Reforged mode.
    Many units that were added in Reforged now have shadows in Classic mode.
    Adjusted Rokhan’s positioning within his selection circle in Reforged mode.
    Alchemist’s icons now show him as having blue skin.
    Deep water no longer shows tiles below it, consistent with Classic mode.
    Portraits for Classic units now have consistent lighting.

Versus

Added obfuscation to player names in FFA games.
    Crypt Lord - Level 2 and Level 3 Carrion Beetles hit points reduced from 330/490 to 275/410, and mana cost for Carrion Beetles ability increased from 45 to 50 across all levels.
    Developers’ notes: While we are not doing a full balance pass in this patch, we do want to add a balance tweak. Although we like that the Crypt Lord has provided a new macro-oriented opener for Undead, we have concerns about how effectively it transitions into the mid-game, specifically with how effectively Level 2 beetles are able to harass enemy workers. At the same time, we’d like to preserve the uniqueness of the beetles; that is, that they are permanent summons and have access to Burrow. Therefore, we’re targeting their ability to tank damage. Reducing beetle hit points will require players to pay more attention to their beetles and reduce their ability to damage before being forced to burrow. Increasing the mana cost of the ability by roughly 11% hits a notable breakpoint at Levels 2 and 3 where a full mana Crypt Lord who casts Impale and then begins to summon Carrion Beetles will now have one less cast of Carrion Beetles before going out of mana. This means it can field 4 beetles at Level 2 during combat and 6 beetles at Level 3 instead of 6 and 8 respectively. This should increase mana tension on the hero and reduce the Crypt Lord’s combat viability in the early game where available mana is at a premium.

Custom Games

Adjusted the bottom of the Custom games lobby list to keep games at the bottom of the UI from being blocked by the buttons.
    Added tooltips for Custom Game creation options.

Gameplay

Burrowed Crypt Fiends no longer retain their Web ability after being reanimated via Animate Dead.
    Developers’ notes: This was a legacy bug. While a corner case scenario, it only happened to Crypt Fiends who were literally burrowed, killed then had Animate Dead cast on them, we still wanted to address this since it went against the rules of how Animate Dead is supposed to work.
    Added a tooltip to the Disease Cloud ability on Plague Ward.

User Interface

Added a toast when a replay has been successfully downloaded.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like they can't really balance Crypt Lord properly; just put it back to the original and just let the beetles benefit from Spiked Carapace

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    AFAIK Eul and Icefrog were working with Valve. Guinsoo went to create LoL. Not sure about Neichus

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft III: Reforged
    Version 1.32.8 Patch Notes
    August 11, 2020

Art

Breath of Frost spell effect now displays at full quality in Reforged mode.
    Tuskarr Trapper projectile is no longer invisible in Classic mode.
    Adjusted Priestess of the Moon’s positioning within her selection circle in Reforged mode.
    Fixed an issue that was causing the Classic mode version of the Blood Wizard to not display.
    The spell effect for Dragonhawk Rider’s Aerial Shackles is more visible in Reforged mode.
    The spell effect for Faerie Dragon’s Mana Flare is more visible in Reforged mode.
    The spell effect for Destroyer’s Orb of Annihilation in Reforged mode is larger, to better fit the area it affects.
    The spell effect from Protection Scroll is more visible in Reforged mode.
    Many units that were added in Reforged now have shadows in Classic mode.
    Adjusted Rokhan’s positioning within his selection circle in Reforged mode.
    Alchemist’s icons now show him as having blue skin.
    Deep water no longer shows tiles below it, consistent with Classic mode.
    Portraits for Classic units now have consistent lighting.

Versus

Added obfuscation to player names in FFA games.
    Crypt Lord - Level 2 and Level 3 Carrion Beetles hit points reduced from 330/490 to 275/410, and mana cost for Carrion Beetles ability increased from 45 to 50 across all levels.
    Developers’ notes: While we are not doing a full balance pass in this patch, we do want to add a balance tweak. Although we like that the Crypt Lord has provided a new macro-oriented opener for Undead, we have concerns about how effectively it transitions into the mid-game, specifically with how effectively Level 2 beetles are able to harass enemy workers. At the same time, we’d like to preserve the uniqueness of the beetles; that is, that they are permanent summons and have access to Burrow. Therefore, we’re targeting their ability to tank damage. Reducing beetle hit points will require players to pay more attention to their beetles and reduce their ability to damage before being forced to burrow. Increasing the mana cost of the ability by roughly 11% hits a notable breakpoint at Levels 2 and 3 where a full mana Crypt Lord who casts Impale and then begins to summon Carrion Beetles will now have one less cast of Carrion Beetles before going out of mana. This means it can field 4 beetles at Level 2 during combat and 6 beetles at Level 3 instead of 6 and 8 respectively. This should increase mana tension on the hero and reduce the Crypt Lord’s combat viability in the early game where available mana is at a premium.

Custom Games

Adjusted the bottom of the Custom games lobby list to keep games at the bottom of the UI from being blocked by the buttons.
    Added tooltips for Custom Game creation options.

Gameplay

Burrowed Crypt Fiends no longer retain their Web ability after being reanimated via Animate Dead.
    Developers’ notes: This was a legacy bug. While a corner case scenario, it only happened to Crypt Fiends who were literally burrowed, killed then had Animate Dead cast on them, we still wanted to address this since it went against the rules of how Animate Dead is supposed to work.
    Added a tooltip to the Disease Cloud ability on Plague Ward.

User Interface

Added a toast when a replay has been successfully downloaded.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like they can't really balance Crypt Lord properly; just put it back to the original and just let the beetles benefit from Spiked Carapace
    No, there was a big thing about them suing valve, losing because they ran out of money, their group they had put together to fight valve being purchased by Blizzard, and then Blizzard suing Valve on their behalf. Blizzard doesn't want this shit happening again, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want some unrelated corp ripping your idea off. Blizzard as it stands still has enough sense to not... rip things off (read: steal 1 for 1 copies and claim as it's own work) as blatantly as Valve did prior to hiring the original developers.

3+ Year Old Account
    No, there was a big thing about them suing valve, losing because they ran out of money, their group they had put together to fight valve being purchased by Blizzard, and then Blizzard suing Valve on their behalf. Blizzard doesn't want this shit happening again, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want some unrelated corp ripping your idea off. Blizzard as it stands still has enough sense to not... rip things off (read: steal 1 for 1 copies and claim as it's own work) as blatantly as Valve did prior to hiring the original developers.
    that's news to me, I followed all major DotA pages since 2010 even Wykrryerem Reddy and only now I just found out about that

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    that's news to me, I followed all major DotA pages since 2010 even Wykrryerem Reddy and only now I just found out about that
    the lawsuits happened prior to 2010 is probably why you didn't hear about it.

3+ Year Old Account
    some nice Icecrown/Maldraxxus doodads: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...forged.326496/

i have no idea what you are talking about.
    the only lawsuit i remember is when Blizzard and Riot games went after Valve for trying to trademark Dota.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

3+ Year Old Account
    anyone still plays Lordaeron the Aftermath and Kalimdor the Aftermath? what does it look like on Reforged?

3+ Year Old Account
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warc...layer-profiles

Greetings Warcraft III: Reforged players!

In our last Developer Update, we shared details regarding our upcoming Ranked Play overhaul, which includes a new MMR based ranking and matchmaking system, an in-game leaderboard, and Ranked Seasons. We also mentioned that we would continue providing the community a look into the Warcraft III team’s development plan. For this month’s update, we want to dive into our next high priority feature currently in development: Player Profiles.

Feeling the Nostalgia
    As with the Ranked Play system, we want the Player Profile system to capture the feel of legacy Warcraft III while providing updates that enhance the experience. Therefore, many of the features included in the original system will be brought into Warcraft III: Reforged.

Player Portrait and Personal Details
    In legacy Warcraft III, you were able to see your Player Portrait icon and were given additional space to include information about yourself, providing you a way to customize your profile. For Reforged, we felt it was very important to maintain this. In the new Profile System, you will also be able to customize your player portrait and details. We have combined the original homepage and additional information sections into one personal details section, with a maximum character limit of 255.

Match History
    Along with the Personal Details section in your Player Profile, you will be able to view your match history in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, FFA, and Custom Games. Dropdowns will be available in the profile screen for you to filter by game type. We will also provide seasonal match history, as well your all-time match history for you to browse through. On the bottom left of the profile screen, you’ll see your total wins, losses, and win percentage by race—similar to legacy Warcraft III.

For arranged 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, you will be able to see the teams you are on, your teammates, MMR, wins, and leaderboard ranking. Clicking on each team will provide you the match history for that team.

Since our new Ranked System will be using MMR to determine ranking instead of the leveling system in legacy, you will now have your current MMR displayed in your profile for each race in 1v1 and your team MMR in each of the team-based game types.

Match History Details
    Another notable feature coming with the profile system overhaul is the ability to view the details of a previously played match. In your profile screen, you will be able to select a specific match and view the details of that match. Below is an example of what the match detail screen would look like.

You will also be able to view your match details for each of your arranged team games as well.

Looking Forward
    The Player Profile system will launch in the next major content patch alongside the Ranked System. We are still looking to release in the next few months and will provide another update as we get closer to launch. We look forward to seeing the community discuss the upcoming Player Profile feature, along the continual discussion of our Ranked Play feature.

- The Warcraft III Team

^^ Does anyone actually care about this useless shit?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    more WIP from the Re-Reforged Campaign by InsaneMst: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...5#post-3441520

Though I have no reason why he insists of using a High Elf Archmage as a Kul Tiran navy commander

Our latest trailer is out.

Props to the team for getting this bad boy done