View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Anyone excited for the cosmetic units/heroes, such as the Demon Huntress? (Same abilities/stats as DH, just with a female model and female voice-over), and thoughts on the upcoming changes to missions such as Culling of Stratholme?
    I thought that was really cool. I am hoping we get more hero variations of other heroes in the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I thought that was really cool. I am hoping we get more hero variations of other heroes in the future.

From what I've heard, there will be.
    Ex being they've made the Jaina model capable of riding a horse just so there's a female variant of the Arch Mage heroic unit. Waiting to see what the variants of units like Paladin, Priestess of Elune, ex will be.
    I'm thinking of something like Liadrin for paladin, and not sure what would fit in lorewise for the generic melee copy of PoE would be.

yeah, pretty cool but I still prefer the OG demon form.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So with WC3R coming along, I figured now would be the best time to start a Warcraft III megathread, the first step into WC3 getting its own forum.
    And since WC3 things are also Warcraft things, the WoW GD is the best place to do so.

Introductory questions:
    When did you start playing Warcraft as an RTS? When I was six years old, back with the original Orcs vs. Humans.
    What are your favorite Warcraft RTS memories? Warcraft 2 I have some, but mostly Warcraft 3. The campaigns and custom games are great.
    What was the best mission from WC3? I liked the dungeon type missions with a few units or mostly heroes.
    What race did you play in WC3? All of them!
    Favorite custom map? Any of the RPGs.
    Have you purchased WC3R? Yep!
    What are you excited for in WC3R? EVERYTHIIIINNNGGGG!!!111one
    What edition of WC3R have you purchased? The deluxe version.
    Thanks for making this thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    1st of all congratulations on game announcement and for the official thread for game. I must admit its so peaceful in here, anti-toxic shell! Feels good man!

Introductory questions:
    When did you start playing Warcraft as an RTS?
    Dont remember actually, it was early days of Dota, I was around 13-14 years old when I first played Campaign.

What are your favorite Warcraft RTS memories?
    I have only played WC3, loved how the characters were introduced and developed, world unfolding and allegiances changing. Arthas was my favourite character, with his badass attitude, but bad nature. Until I met Maiev in TFT, where I fell for her, being just as strong willed but also I could justify her all the way throughout the Campaign.

What was the best mission from WC3?
    Don't really have favorite mission, only one that stands out was Ruins of Dalaran, I guess cuz I'm really bad with timing missions. hehe.

What race did you play in WC3?
    On the rare occasion, playing RTS with buddies I always went for Night Elves, OP heroes and just dig the Night Elfish combat style.

Favorite custom map?
    Defense of the Ancients, Trolls vs Elves, X hero siege and Custom Ability draft :P

Have you purchased WC3R?
    No, there is no need to rush, just yet.

What are you excited for in WC3R?
    I guess, how the game will come to life after so many years, and new cutscenes. People recreating interesting custom maps. Who knows maybe we will see Dota map will come back to life as well. I believe in community!

I often go to Battle.net website to check if there is any update or any new units revealed.
    Last edited by Spichora; 2019-02-01 at 10:17 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    must have been 2003 or 2004. Can't remember.

Just playing through the campaign and playing skirmish battles felt great, also liked messing around with the map editor.

Twilight of the Gods. Come on, original Mount Hyjal. Hard to top. The final Scourge mission with Arthas vs Illidan was a close second.

Orcish Horde

Have you purchased WC3R?
    Yes

HD models and maps, playing through the campaign again.

What edition of WC3R have you purchased?
    The one that gave me the Meat Wagon
    Me not that kind of Orc!

7+ Year Old Account
    - I think when i get a better pc, 2004-2006, don't rly recall, never was a fan cause i didn't know english at that time, so i play more age of mythology
    - Orcs campaign for sure, it was revolutionary, since orcs were alwys the bad guys.
    - Grom missions and getting the frostmourne.
    - Orcs
    - dota
    - nop
    - mostly the races and units
    - the free one

Still pissed I let my account expire and I lost my Illidan icon.

Yes I was a random play, but Human > Night Elves were my races.

Played in 2005, tons of 4v4s, also dota.

Best mission to me was the final Blood Elf mission (shoutout to the rexxar campaign though)

And my favorite memory was a 5 man premade in dota I played as techies with a pudge, venge, legion, and bane on my team.
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2019-02-01 at 11:21 PM.

From what I've heard, there will be.
    Ex being they've made the Jaina model capable of riding a horse just so there's a female variant of the Arch Mage heroic unit. Waiting to see what the variants of units like Paladin, Priestess of Elune, ex will be.
    I'm thinking of something like Liadrin for paladin, and not sure what would fit in lorewise for the generic melee copy of PoE would be.
    I am really curious how they are going to approach it.

Like will the alternative heroes just be generic, or will they be new lore character, or maybe even existing lore character who weren't created yet by WC3's release.

HYPE FOR NEW COUSTOME GAMES...WISH WARCRAFT 3 HD COME NOW

Still play coustomes games to this day.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    This thread was clearly not for you but you still felt the need to speak regardless. Why?
    That's not really your call to make. I didn't play the RTS game and was honest about it. Was also upfront about not being sure if I'll be interested in getting Reforged. If this is a survey-like thread, why wouldn't every honest response count? Also, I was the first to reply when the thread had been up for nearly two hours and my reply bumped it and likely caught other posters' attention.

When I saw this it made me really happy they are adding Variaty to the game. Will enjoy seeing what alt skins we will have and what unquie thing they will come up with. Again realy hoping we see a Coop commander system since its hugely popular in sc2 and i think it will be in wc3 and really make for some interesting ideas. What about a All Warden style army? Or A chaos orc commander? Lots of ideas im sure!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So with WC3R coming along, I figured now would be the best time to start a Warcraft III megathread, the first step into WC3 getting its own forum.
    And since WC3 things are also Warcraft things, the WoW GD is the best place to do so.

Introductory questions:
    Favorite custom map?
    Have you purchased WC3R?
    1. My first WarCraft game was WarCraft 2. My first WarCraft game that I played competitively was WarCraft 3.
    2. Probably playing FFAs in WarCraft 3. It was honestly such a refreshing change from the standard ranked solo games.
    3. I honestly didn't care much for the campaign in WarCraft 3. I thought the writing was pretty poor, and I didn't really find any of the characters likable.
    4. Undead in solo, Orc in FFA.
    5. I didn't really play custom maps.
    6. Not yet, plan to purchase it unless they totally screw it up somehow.
    7. Getting back to the fun multiplayer experience that I played from WC3 release up until WoW release.
    8. This is one game I'll probably pick up one of the fancier editions for. WarCraft 3 was a big part of gaming for me for quite a long time.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That's not really your call to make. I didn't play the RTS game and was honest about it. Was also upfront about not being sure if I'll be interested in getting Reforged. If this is a survey-like thread, why wouldn't every honest response count? Also, I was the first to reply when the thread had been up for nearly two hours and my reply bumped it and likely caught other posters' attention.
    Not a survey thread. Questions were to start conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    When I saw this it made me really happy they are adding Variaty to the game. Will enjoy seeing what alt skins we will have and what unquie thing they will come up with. Again realy hoping we see a Coop commander system since its hugely popular in sc2 and i think it will be in wc3 and really make for some interesting ideas. What about a All Warden style army? Or A chaos orc commander? Lots of ideas im sure!
    Could do it in WC3 right now

- - - Updated - - -

What are the thoughts on a more SC2-WE?
    I prefer the WC3 WE how it is now. Enhancements and extra tools are nice, but I can't use SC2 WE very well.

5+ Year Old Account

I think it was 2003, when it became available in my country.

Feralas map and those MASSIVE battles in the middle of the map

Hard to tell. My top 3 would be freeing Illidan using only Kael and Vashj (it was hard af, at least for me), the foundation of Orgrimmar and of course, the culling of Stratholme.

NE, sue me

Favorite custom map?

Enfo's, one of the latest versions (cannot recall the exact number though). And Dota 1 ofc

Have you purchased WC3R?

Not yet, I prepurchased BfA and burned myself, so I'll wait until it's actually published to see if it's actually worth it.

I heard something about new/additional dialog that enhances the story. We'll see.

N/A
    Italics ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Early 90's. Received Warcraft - Orcs & Humans off a PC Gamer CD.

Playing Warcraft II multiplayer against my best friend via modem to modem.

Like another said, the three or so missions from the Warcraft III - Reign of Chaos demo, not included in the original campaign. Thrall and his band of Horde come across the Broken Isles, meet the trolls, and escape before the evil Murlocs take them all out. I really hope these missions are included and placed properly in Warcraft III Reforged.

Night Elves. So much fun in multiplayer.

Favorite custom map?

Any tower defense map.

Have you purchased WC3R?

No, I'll be waiting on reviews for this one. Blizzard Entertainment today is not the Blizzard of old, so the jury is out.

Reliving the story of how the Human Kingdom of Lordaeron was destroyed, how Arthas becomes the Lich King, the re-awakening of the Night Elves, and finally the Battle of Mount Hyjal.

None yet.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    @Lilithvia The SC2 WE is definitely hard to understand, for me at least. WC3 WE was very easy to understand, even if triggers were confusing for a novice such as myself.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Lilithvia btw what kind of changes are being made for the culling of Stratholme?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @Lilithvia btw what kind of changes are being made for the culling of Stratholme?
    Mainly the map layout is going to be like the CoT instance and those bosses will appear as obstacles.

Anyone excited for the cosmetic units/heroes, such as the Demon Huntress? (Same abilities/stats as DH, just with a female model and female voice-over), and thoughts on the upcoming changes to missions such as Culling of Stratholme?
    Half and half.

Demon Huntress concept looks amazing. Actually, all of the concept art looks very strong. But not all the models seem to follow the concept art and deviate in their own way, like the Tauren Chieftain loosely resembling the concept (different weapon, no helm).

Then there's the lesser version of heroes like the Buzzcut Paladin. That one hero is so bad that I dread seeing what they'll do to a non-Arthas Death Knight or a non-Tyrande Priestess of the Moon.