View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warcraft 3 was the first RTS in which I could really play. I was a young child, together with friends we arranged LANparty :-)
    I have very good memories. Sometimes we also went to Cafe Internet and we played together.
    So far, together with friends, we use quotes from the game :-) Great dubbing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    When did you start playing Warcraft as an RTS?
    What are your favorite Warcraft RTS memories?
    What was the best mission from WC3?
    What race did you play in WC3?
    Favorite custom map?
    Have you purchased WC3R?
    What are you excited for in WC3R?
    What edition of WC3R have you purchased?
    I guess some 2004-2005.
    Story is the strongest memory.
    I liked the very last mission of W3 (defending Hyjal) the most.
    Played mostly human or nelf.
    Apart from DotA, I did not play many custom maps (and the others were mostly arena-style). In fact, W3 was my main "offline" game (especially in times of potato internet) so I played mostly AI games.
    I'll buy Reforged around release date, probably standard edition (the ugly mount did not convince me and neither had the other bonus stuff) and mostly excited to see an old classic in better resolution (and hoping for some AI bus being fixed)

Wc3 2002. Tried Warcraft II but not much more than that.

When human Arthas died. Never cared for him so it was good. Killing him in WoW was a relief

Grom Hellscream going rampage in Ashenvale, then killing Mannoroth and redeemed himself. That cinematic is my favorite.

Orcs and Night Elves, fighting for wood.

Favorite custom map?
    None spesifically.

Have you purchased WC3R?
    Yep. When it was announced.

Playing the best game with awesome story again, just prettier.

Big buck one. Haven't tried out my mount yet because my PC crashed day before 8.1. Couple of weeks from now and I'll ride it. Heard it's superfly.

Feel free to discuss anything Warcraft 3 related here.
    Did!

I played the first game ... shit I forgot when, but Warcraft II was out when I got Orcs and Humans.

Arthas' ascension by far.

The first Undead mission in the Frozen Throne expansion where you have to gather cultists.

Mostly undead.

Favorite custom map?
    Can't remember.

Have you purchased WC3R?
    As soon as they let me.

Better graphics I suppose since that seems to be it.

The one with the stupid catapult mount. I never go for deluxe versions since the additions are typically worthless to me, but I made an exception this time. Dunno why.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @Lilithvia btw what kind of changes are being made for the culling of Stratholme?
    Just to make it more like it is in WoW. Entrance is now in the south, zoo has been removed, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    @Lilithvia The SC2 WE is definitely hard to understand, for me at least. WC3 WE was very easy to understand, even if triggers were confusing for a novice such as myself.
    Agreed.
    Good thing I can still make maps for WC3R with the old editor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I played the first game ... shit I forgot when, but Warcraft II was out when I got Orcs and Humans.

Arthas' ascension by far.

The first Undead mission in the Frozen Throne expansion where you have to gather cultists.

Mostly undead.

Favorite custom map?
    Can't remember.

Have you purchased WC3R?
    As soon as they let me.

Better graphics I suppose since that seems to be it.

The one with the stupid catapult mount. I never go for deluxe versions since the additions are typically worthless to me, but I made an exception this time. Dunno why.
    Meat Wagon best mount

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Introductory questions:
    Favorite custom map?
    Have you purchased WC3R?
    Feel free to discuss anything Warcraft 3 related here.
    I started playing when WC3 came out. I'd already been playing Starcraft with a group of friends for years by that point, and we all decided to check out WC3 when it came out. I still haven't gotten around to WC1 or WC2 yet.

I helped one friend in that WC3 group make a sort of comedy gif about how he kept getting stuck with fail teammates in random WC3 ladder matches. We played a mock game where my role was the fail teammate, and I was busy trash talking and building useless shit while he was getting owned by the other team. He recorded the whole thing and put the "highlights" into a gif. I can't find it anymore because this was so long ago (I've been through 3-4 computers and lost contact with that friend since then), but it was amusing stuff.

I usually preferred to play humans because Mountain Kings were so badass, but I was ok with anything except undead. I never willingly chose undead and only played them if I got stuck with them when I selected a random race. My preference order was human > night elf > orc > undead.

I have not, but I will get around to it at some point.

Mostly looking forward to multiplayer. I'm hoping maybe some of my old WC3 friends who disappeared long ago might come back for it. And it'll be cool to get a fresh look at the campaign missions.

edit: I forgot the favorite custom map question, but to be honest, I don't think it really applied to me. I just played on the standard/default maps over and over and never got deep into custom maps. I always preferred big maps in general though. Big maps usually meant longer games, which made things more interesting for me.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-02-12 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1994 Warcraft: ORcs and Humans was my first RTS

A lot of my best RTS memories are from Age of Empires 2 surprisingly. Although Warcraft's map editors were my religion

Humans into Scourge campaign. The whole Arthas storyline, while its cliche and goofy having replayed it recently it was still a great fun experience.

On Battle.net I always played Humans or Orcs.

Favorite custom map?
    Not sure I have a favourite, I remembered playing Tower Defence a lot. That stuff was addicting.

Have you purchased WC3R?
    Yes...

It;s a remaster so I am looking forward to the new acting and new in game cut scenes, and the new models and the reworked maps. Some of that old dialogue has aged really badly, so I am interested to see what Blizzard will do

Are there multiple addictions? I just got the one that gave the Meat Wagon mount in WoW :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I started playing Warcraft 2 back in the mid 90s when a friend introduced me to it cause i was a huge Command & Conquer fan and i loved RTS games.

I played Wc3 literally on the first day it came out and i fucking loved it and i just bought the reforge and i cant wait to play it again.

I have to say the Human going into Scourge was easily the best imo.

I'm looking forward to the creator putting more of this out. It really is awesome. If you liked WC3, watch it.

That machinima was epic

10+ Year Old Account

Introductory questions:
    Not sure, i was like 11 or 12
    The mission when you have to stop Archimonde from destroying the World Three (you got a timer), i remember that the first time i made it, was really hard for me, to the point that all my structures where easily destroyed with my armies, and forced Archimonde to move in really uncomfortable ways by making a lot of small NE wells spread around, so he would take more time to get to the three (and i did it!, i only had like 3 more houses :P )

Not sure, i enjoyed many of them, i liked the Archimonde one and when you go with Arthas + Mercenaries to destroy your own boats when you reach Northrend

My favorite was always Night Elves (That was going to be my first character in wow -a NE hunter-, but my brother was a NE and i wanted to kill him, and i saw BE, so BE it is -he changed to Horde shortly after but i was too much into my character to leave it)

Favorite custom map?
    There were some maps that you could choose heroes (as a wisp and use them as heroes with unique abilities -not the MOBA thing-) i really liked that one -I never played online with it as i didn't have it as a original game)

Have you purchased WC3R?
    Nope, but i will (eventually)

Just the game per se, re-living those things but in HD (hope we get some of the custom maps back so i can play with my friends)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'm looking forward to the creator putting more of this out. It really is awesome. If you liked WC3, watch it.

Megathread OP updated to include this, this is awesome.

Megathread OP updated to include this, this is awesome.
    I suggest everyone sub to the guy, he deserves is. Quite the endeavor to take on and I really want to see it finished one day!

JoseBV

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I suggest everyone sub to the guy, he deserves is. Quite the endeavor to take on and I really want to see it finished one day!

JoseBV
    He's a skilled director, very creative.

15+ Year Old Account
    RoC. I skipped Brood Wars. Counter-Strike took up a lot of time.

Pooling for frost wyrms or trying to tech and having to play around teching. Bloodlusted taurens.

For me, escaping Azjol Nerub, but I don't think I completed the campaign, too busy with customs and ladder.

Mostly orc, but my night elf was serviceable. I liked rushing with shadow hunter and grunts. Forces the enemy to field an army quickly and not consider tech.

Favorite custom map?
    Enfos was god-like and I was pro at Footmen Frenzy.

Have you purchased WC3R?
    No but I most likely will.

New ladder play and recreated customs, community revival.

None.

Isnt there a couple mega threads already?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Isnt there a couple mega threads already?
    Nope.
    Folks would have complained by now if that was the case.

5+ Year Old Account
    When do you guys think we'll get a release date?

Soon™

/10chrs

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Classic is probably August (otherwise it would be too close to 8.2 and Azshara raid), so my guess for WIII is October (for sure it would be strange to release it post-Blizzcon.