Single-Minded Fury, 2h -> 1h Transmogs, and Additional Weapon Slots

Return of Single-Minded Fury

In Shadowlands we see many classes have new/or returning weapon choice options allowing them to equip either 1h or 2h weapons rather than being restricted due to their specialization. I don’t understand why warriors have been excluded from this update. I do realize dual-wielding 2h weapons will result in higher stats (stam/strength/secondaries) compared to 1h weapons, but there are many ways to make them equal in terms of raw stats.

Fury Two-Handed Weapon to One-Handed Weapon Transmogrification

If returning to dual-wielding one-handed weapons (Single-Minded Fury) is actually no longer in the cards, at least relax the restrictions and allow us the option to use our 1h weapon transmogs as Fury. This would be such an easy fix and they already allow this type of customization choice with other classes—it would make so so many people happy.

Additional Weapon Slots on the Character Sheet

From the class preview, we see the return of many abilities for all specializations:

Execute , Hamstring , Ignore Pain , Shield Block , Shield Slam , Slam , Spell Reflection , and Whirlwind are now available to all Warriors to use regardless of their active specialization. Furthermore, Challenging Shout and Intervene are returning, and all Warriors can use them to turn the tide of battle. Shattering Throw is also back, with a new twist—it will deal devastating damage against foes protected by an absorption shield.

I want to believe we will actually need to own/equip a 1h + shield in order to use Shield Block or Shield Slam in both Fury/Arms, but I have my doubts. I can easily see this being an “imaginary shield” tied to the abilities similar to how the Arms talent Defensive Stance already works. I would really love to see warriors get additional slots in the character sheet allowing them to physically equip a 1h/shield and tied-in to ability usage.

Diablo IV previewed the Barbarian’s new Arsenal feature which allows them to have 4 weapon slots on their character sheet. Each weapon (2h Slashing/2h Bludeoning/DW 1h) is tied to a skill and your character seamlessly pulls out the required weapon depending on the specific ability used. It’s a really cool concept and makes the Barbarian feel like a real master of arms able to use the many different weapons at their disposal. I don’t think WoW has to follow this exactly, but additional equipment slots for 1h+shield would be a really cool idea and would allow us to avoid the macros for weapon swapping that used to be required (still are in Classic).

I've wanted that pretty much for the entire BFA and not just for fury warriors. Cosmetics are a huge thing in any mmo, it's why Transmog might be the best thing they ever added. But they need to unlock restrictions. Let players finally show their characters as they imagine them. Grant it this is coming from an avid RPer, but still I think it'd be a welcome sight. If they are going to go deep into character customization they need to also dive into an open ended transmog system.

Besides, whether you are a role-player or not, I'd imagine anyone could come up with a reason why their fury warrior is carrying a shield instead of another two-hander etc. Hell it'd be an epic sight to see spears with shields. Regardless I approve of this!

1h transmog for 2h may seem like a good change but it just wouldn’t be the same. either give us SMF or don’t

Having additional weapon slots for situational weapons is a cool idea but it comes with a few of its own issues. Will the warrior get additional strength/stam/secondaries from them? If so they'd just become stat sticks, they would have higher base stats than any other class, and they'd be taking loot from tanks who need them. If they don't, then what's the difference between that and just a macro to swap to them?

I'm 100% down for more transmog options and freedom though.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    1h transmog for 2h may seem like a good change but it just wouldn’t be the same. either give us SMF or don’t
    yeah the transmog thing is pointless almost,i mean sure some people i guess prefer the 1h aimations/models,but singleminded implies more than visuals,its about gameplay and gearing options

To me, opening up transmogs to one-handers for Fury is a no-brainer. This is one of the frustrations for me with Fury Warrior as someone who values transmogs very highly. There are not a lot of choices that look good and proportional on an undead character.

I have no played Warrior enough over the years to have any strong opinion on SMF.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    but singleminded implies more than visuals,its about gameplay and gearing options
    What options? You equip one weapon in main hand and one weapon in off hand. It's exactly the same as 2handed

Also the gameplay is quite literally exactly the same as 2handed. You build up your rage and press Rampage

SMF vs TG is purely cosmetic change at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    What options? You equip one weapon in main hand and one weapon in off hand. It's exactly the same as 2handed

Also the gameplay is quite literally exactly the same as 2handed. You build up your rage and press Rampage

SMF vs TG is purely cosmetic change at this point
    gearing as in stats,and in the past tg has always been better performing if im not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    gearing as in stats,and in the past tg has always been better performing if im not mistaken
    The gameplay didnt change however. Even with the old fury gameplay.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The gameplay didnt change however. Even with the old fury gameplay.
    I remember in WoD the priorities were very slightly different because SMF damage was weighted more heavily towards execute and TG doing more with raging blow (I think, not sure if it was this ability). Also the rage generation was smoother with SMF. I'm not really sure why they wouldn't implement it. Couldn't it be as simple as a "weapon dps" and stat multiplier with two one handers equipped? Seems like it should be significantly easier to balance than dual wield vs 2h frost dk.

Latest Shadowlands build changed the wording on Bladestorm for Fury so it no longer requires a two-handed weapon. Whether or not that means anything in regards to the reintroduction of SMF remains to be seen of course.

I was under the impression that new animations were the cause of the removal of SMF and old char models. So the issue isn't about balancing the weapons, so just having it as a transmog option wouldn't make a difference. If they get around the animation problem there is zero reason why they couldn't allow SMF to be a thing again with 1handed Fury, balancing is laughably trivial.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Just bring back gladiator