Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah people don’t just change just because and by his actions of telling this story the way he did to sell a movie proves he didn’t. Glad you’re all clear on that.
    I'm quite clear on how disingenuous you can be, yes.

So let me get this straight, if I am racist or misogynist today, that means I cannot change and will remain so 20 years from now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It was an emotional argument, I'm not telling you how to feel, I don't care.

Right I don’t care if you care. I’m telling you your logic is wrong. One can seek vengeance without singling our all black men as he did. It wasn’t about the rape it was about racism

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm quite clear on how disingenuous you can be, yes.

So let me get this straight, if I am racist or misogynist today, that means I cannot change and will remain so 20 years from now?

Bingo not without good reason because that’s how that works
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m telling you your logic is wrong. One can seek vengeance without singling our all black men as he did.
    Technically his friend, the rape victim, did that by telling him the rapist was black. Liam asked what race he was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I always knew him most as Schindler...<.<
    That and the shitty taken movies is all i really remember him from.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Wow what a miserable excuse for a human being you are to really think this.
    Yeah reason and logic. Reality is a bummer sometimes

No he was talking about being a racist and said it was 40 years ago for a movie. Simple as that
    It seems like to me it is something that has weighed on his mind for his entire life, and he wanted to get it out as a confession. How about you confess to the most heinous thing you've ever done and we ridicule you about it for the rest of your life instead of forgiving you. Wouldn't that be nice.

The real evil in this is not forgiving the man after making his confession, publically, over basically a non-incident that has weighed on his mind for years. Sure, someone could have gotten killed, but they didn't and when he finally woke up from his revenge induced hysteria he realized what a monster he had become for those few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right I don’t care if you care. I’m telling you your logic is wrong. One can seek vengeance without singling our all black men as he did. It wasn’t about the rape it was about racism

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo not without good reason because that’s how that works
    Further dishonesty. First was "no one can change", now it's "you may have a slim chance of changing if you have a very good reason".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    This post contradicts itself in hilarious fashion. First you say no you cant then you immediately say yes you can. Wtf is a "good reason" anyways? What actually is your IQ?
    Well you can’t without good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah reason and logic. Reality is a bummer sometimes
    You can't be reasonable or logical if your arguments are fueled by emotional bias derived from your ideological standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    It seems like to me it is something that has weighed on his mind for his entire life, and he wanted to get it out as a confession. How about you confess to the most heinous thing you've ever done and we ridicule you about it for the rest of your life instead of forgiving you. Wouldn't that be nice.

The real evil in this is not forgiving the man after making his confession, publically, over basically a non-incident that has weighed on his mind for years. Sure, someone could have gotten killed, but they didn't and when he finally woke up from his revenge induced hysteria he realized what a monster he had become for those few days.
    Yeah he waited to promote a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So RACISM is the issue here, but not him looking for people to beat/kill?

People nowadays....
    As he was looking to lynch a random person of a specific race, yeah racism is very much the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can’t without good reason.
    Well, ASSUMING that Liam was actually a racist, what makes you think that he did not have a good reason and remains a racist?

Ahh yes, you're dishonesty that he's just wearing a facade to sell a movie and is actually a closeted racist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    This is all I was thinking the whole time. This is the weirdest monologue that has ever existed. Wtf prompted this insanity? This is like me deciding to casually talk about one of the most horrible unpleasant things from my past when introducing my self on the first day of a college class.
    Liam Neeson: Well this one time, some woman falsely accused my friend of rape, so I armed myself and took to the streets for about a week looking for random, unrelated, innocent, passed out drunk chicks to rape out of vengeance, but by pure luck alone, I never found any, which is the only thing that prevented me from committing a gravely serious and life altering felony. I was young and in a really bad head-space back then and I'm very ashamed about what I was trying to do now though so it's all good.

Job Interviewer: Uh.. ok. So again the question was, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

C'mon, Liam. Keep that shit to yourself.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So RACISM is the issue here, but not him looking for people to beat/kill?

People nowadays....
    No, the issue is the rape that happened to Liam's friend, him wanting to find and kill the rapist is the least alarming aspect of this story. And race plays no role in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You can't be reasonable or logical if your arguments are fueled by emotional bias derived from your ideological standpoint.

No you are cherry picking as a means to salvage the little argument you think you have. People don’t change and Liam didn’t change evidence by his confession for a movie.

Racism isn’t a fucking cold you don’t catch it then it goes away. This was a black man raped his friend he explicitly points this out and offered it up.
    It must feel wierd when you want to see racism everywhere

He stalked the streets for a week to seek a random black man to murder.

That shit is how lynchings happened. Racist piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.... when he was young he did something stupid, but didn't end up actually harming anyone, just being a racist prick outside. Yes that was racism. Yes that was wrong. Was any crime committed? No. Does he appear to have learned his lesson? Yes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m telling you your logic is wrong. One can seek vengeance without singling our all black men as he did. It wasn’t about the rape it was about racism
    I didn't make any comments about vengeance, rape, or racism. You don't appear to be arguing with anything I said.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    No you are cherry picking as a means to salvage the little argument you think you have. People don’t change and Liam didn’t change evidence by his confession for a movie.
    I didn't cherry pick anything, I accused you of intellectual dishonesty.

If anyone is cherry picking here, it's you by how it has been so clearly evidenced so far.

I wonder, MallSecurity, do you also think police officers are racists when they're profiling a potential criminal, particularly when one of their 1st questions is race?