Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Season 2 Weapon club here too, until Archimonde's Tempest of Chaos
    I went from Prince in Kara to Illidan in BT before I got a weapon drop for my mage. And went the entirety of Legion without getting a loot drop from world bosses. So I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    All bosses in BoD drop Azerite, but not all bosses in Uldir or world bosses do. So this depends on which bosses they're even killing.

This question is still a flawed one, though, because it's adding an additional qualifier beyond just getting loot to consider being "loot locked." OP has to win the 16% chance to get loot, and then win the chance that it's the Azerite piece off the loot table, which can range anywhere from 1:2 to 1:5 odds. OP may be a little unlucky still, but it's doubtful that they are outlier.
    And not having one of 4 drops be an Azerite item certainly isn't particularly unlikely. OP is a bit low on total drops, but in line for makeup.

THis shouldn't happen considering that :
    1) Azerite is the core feature of personal progression in BFA
    2) There is no other source of azerite beyond 385
    3) Titan residuum currency ins't farmable
    4) Residuum prices are outrageous

Azerite gear aquisition is the real failure of azerite gear. Player switching between specs are punished with outrageous fees and the burden of going back to town every other boss to reset traits.

1) Make Azerite gear more accessible or residuum famable
    2) Make azerite traits linked to spec (heck, you even need to be in the right spec to take the trait)

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Nobody said that you would get any loot at all. It's random. You could raid all your life and not getting a single item.
    thought they had bad luck protection.

You got lucky then I guess.
    I got 415 chest and shoulders from the residuum vendor and 415 engineering goggles and the only non-azerite loot I've got from mythic is a ring (14 boss kills, 7 coins).

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    It's not farmable so casuals don't have to cry that they have to spend countless hours farming to get their best azerite.
    You get 900 residuum from your weekly chest if you complete a +17 which is still fairly easy. If that's your only source of residuum then you'd able to buy a 415 piece every two weeks. I wouldn't call this "outrageous" in the slightest. In my opinion the vendor prices should be much higher.
    Last edited by goriander; 2019-02-08 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1ackbird View Post
    contact blizz support. they can look into it for you
    Look into rng, good luck with that
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Not sure what the confusion is here.
    That's just bad luck.
    Luckily you should already have a 415 or multiple 400s from the Titan Residuum vendor, so shouldn't hinder you too much.
    I've been unlucky with azerite from the raid too, but doesn't matter much at this point.

Don't forget to ask your group members for theirs if they don't need them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    thought they had bad luck protection.
    I don't think so. The only bad luck protection mechanics is for Legion legendaries. Also azerite gear in M+ weekly chest before rework. I think, there was some bad luck protection for coins (additional loot), but it was in panda and I didn't hear about it since then, might be removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I don't think so. The only bad luck protection mechanics is for Legion legendaries. Also azerite gear in M+ weekly chest before rework. I think, there was some bad luck protection for coins (additional loot), but it was in panda and I didn't hear about it since then, might be removed from the game.
    pretty sure m+ end loot have it.

Azerite gear aquisition is the real failure of azerite gear. Player switching between specs are punished with outrageous fees and the burden of going back to town every other boss to reset traits.

2) Make azerite traits linked to spec (heck, you even need to be in the right spec to take the trait)
    You get more than enough residum a week to buy a 400 piece if you do you m+. That does help off set the rng of things

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Welcome to forced personal loot.
    Can you explain how is this bad? How would this be different than him being, say, a rogue, but the raid bosses only drop two-handed weapons and non-leather armor?

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    You got lucky then I guess.
    I got 415 chest and shoulders from the residuum vendor and 415 engineering goggles and the only non-azerite loot I've got from mythic is a ring (14 boss kills, 7 coins).

It's not farmable so casuals don't have to cry that they have to spend countless hours farming to get their best azerite.
    You get 900 residuum from your weekly chest if you complete a +17 which is still fairly easy. If that's your only source of residuum then you'd able to buy a 415 piece every two weeks. I wouldn't call this "outrageous" in the slightest. In my opinion the vendor prices should be much higher.
    +17 is easy huh. Several servers dont have one of those done at all and less than 1000 groups have done a 17 in time yet, so mot that easy. Seeing how many of those are the same people over and over a tiny fraction of people have done one and many wont at any point in BfA. Wven in Legion when the cache cut off was 15 few did 17s

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You get more than enough residum a week to buy a 400 piece if you do you m+. That does help off set the rng of things
    Fundamentally this is the problem. There is an expectation that raiders will also do M+. M+ is supposed to be an alternative end game not a chore for raiders even though a chore is what it has become. Most people do their weekly +10 and that's it; few actually push anything remotely difficult. IMO M+ loot acquistion should be nerfed so that it is comparable to raiding. But in the absence of that at the very least what they need to do is make every boss kill and bonus roll in a raid give a currency to buy azerite (a different currency to M+ so they can't be combined). If M+10 guarantees mythic -5 reguar loot every week and mythic azerite loot every 2 weeks so should an heroic raid clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I once went the entirety of TBC without ever getting a ranged weapon to drop from any raid for my hunter. Season 2 crossbow the whole time. It sucked.
    “I once went” proving this to be total ballderdash

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    “I once went” proving this to be total ballderdash
    I’ve been had!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Season 2 Weapon club here too, until Archimonde's Tempest of Chaos
    It wasn’t so bad. It was second to Wolfslayer for Beast Master until S3 xbow or the BT drop.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG loot is retarded. Token/currency based systems are better.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    RNG loot is retarded. Token/currency based systems are better.
    We have always had RNG based loot even during the days of badges and tokens. Getting the right tokens was RNG based, my shaman got full tier for resto and ele before our rogue got his Assas set during ICC.

I agree with this to a point. We are seeing classic Blizz doubling down. The azerite vendors were put in, to make targeting azerite traits a thing, since people were complaining about bad luck getting that PERFECT azerite item. With the season 2 azerite items having extra traits, the perfect item is much less of a thing anyway.
    As I see it, they should have kept azerite items dropping in m+ and from the weekly cache so that people can try and play to get them. They ALSO should have made targeting azerite items available via vendor, at a very high rate, maybe even higher than now. I think only a very small percentage of the player base was even concerned with getting that one EXACT azerite piece of gear. I do think that the sources for titan residuum are currently far too scarce. I would put them on emmissaries or even invasions. Those are both activities that Im sure many players have stopped doing based on the rewards becoming dated. They are also both activities that are frequent, but not farmable.

OR, put azerite drops back in m+ and weekly cache, along with residuum. Take away scrapping azerite items for residuum. Now residuum is something you get in amounts each week from running m+, it is not farmable, but it is still bad luck protection.
    Last edited by Pooti; 2019-02-09 at 04:37 AM.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    We have always had RNG based loot even during the days of badges and tokens. Getting the right tokens was RNG based, my shaman got full tier for resto and ele before our rogue got his Assas set during ICC.
    That's true, but a token is usable by more classes and allows you flexibility in what you purchase with it. They should have gone more in the direction of tokens and currencies, not away from that direction.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2019-02-09 at 04:17 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Welcome to forced personal loot.
    Has jack all to do with Azerite unless you're the only person in your raid with your particular armor class.

As long as someone in the group has an equal item level azerite piece they can trade any new drops they get.

It sucks for the OP, but the system that they are hurting under is exactly the same as if they kept missing a /roll, just joined a guild so had no DKP, or pissed off the loot council.