So... what was the problem with "warlords crafted" again?

I just feel like being actually able to sell stuff on the AH would be nice, instead of it just being trash. Made a JC ring, it sucked for me, can't do anything with it, and it was a HUGE resource dump

I think the items you could craft in warlords were actually good but the way the crafting process to make them was done felt really bad. The crafted weapons were amazing for alts. They did not fight with your raid gear but for alts they were a max level item you could use at level 91 so they made leveling alts a lot nicer and you felt really strong as you leveled. The armor as well you could only use three pieces of it so it kept things from being crazy but three max level armor items at level 91 was really good.

The way they worked they were almost expansion specific herilooms I still see some of these weapons to this day simply because they really are nice for alts leveling through those ranges.

The items that let you reroll the secondaries were nice to have.

It made gear rewards from leveling redundant. You could wear raidfinder ilvl gear at lvl 91. Talking about trivialising content and stuff... (*WoD flying desaster* I'm looking at you!!!)

7+ Year Old Account
    Two things I remember people bitching about:
    1. Random stats on crafted items, even though there was a cheaper item for re-rolling stats on player made items.
    2. People complained that you could only equip three player made items at a time.

Personally, I thought the WoD system was pretty solid.

Materials from daily cooldowns and recipes gated behind daily cooldowns. Giving heroic raid weapon to 91 alt was awesome though.

Being able to make a ton of gold from crafting professions is a bad thing, apparently, because everyone cried they were useless, and now we have what we have. useless and no gold to be made from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It made gear rewards from leveling redundant. You could wear raidfinder ilvl gear at lvl 91. Talking about trivialising content and stuff... (*WoD flying desaster* I'm looking at you!!!)
    Wow, trivializing LFR gear in an expansion that specifically tried to trivialize LFR gear?! The nerve of those nasty Blizz developers.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Wow, trivializing LFR gear in an expansion that specifically tried to trivialize LFR gear?! The nerve of those nasty Blizz developers.
    What are you even talking about? They were all like "muh flying trivialises leveling, so we are not going to give it to you", next thing you know they give us free lfr gear at bottom xpac level. like wtf. How does that not trivialize leveling content again?

How does that not trivialize leveling content again?
    Are you seriously trying to argue that leveling content, post-WotLK, is supposed to somehow be 'engaging' mechanically and that high ilvl BoEs somehow devalue that lol.

Are you seriously trying to argue that leveling content, post-WotLK, is supposed to somehow be 'engaging' mechanically and that high ilvl BoEs somehow devalue that lol.
    It devalues it even more than it is devalued by default... not to mention it makes (made during WoD) quest gear rewards redundant.

What was the problem with Warlords crafted gear?

Professions were actually useful for once and people actually liked it and that's not allowed.

It devalues it even more than it is devalued by default... not to mention it makes (made during WoD) quest gear rewards redundant.
    I'm missing exactly how or why this is a big deal.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Raid progression gear is fine. I like the idea that Profession can create Normal/Heroic/Mythic gear for your own Character as a perk, although I do personally think it would be nice for this gear to be BoE. I'll speak mainly from a Blacksmith PoV because that was my main Char;

- The base green set is absolutely useless. It's too low item level to be useful whilst questing and requires 111 to even equip, which by that time most of people with have higher item levels from quests. Lower the level to 109 and up the ilvl to 240 approx.
    - The base green set Helm/Chest/Shoulders should be Azerite pieces. Slightly higher mats and make them 255.
    - Honorable Combatant's Gear. With the current way of things lower the required level from 120 to 111. This way it's a really strong questing set for Alts and keeps the set relevant longer.
    - Honorable Combatant's Gear. Add Azerite pieces that function at 111 and are ilvl 300
    - Sinister Combatant's Gear. Up the item level to 355 and make them Blue with the chance to be Epic at 365
    - Sinister Combatant's Gear. Add Azerite pieces that are ilvl 355 Blues

My aim with these changes is to make the Green set useful. This allows a fresh Character to BFA from Legion levelling to equip some gear to get started in BFA. For the Honorable Combatant's set the aim is to make it a nice twink set for Alts that allows people to be a little stronger whilst levelling. At ilvl 300 it really doesn't affect anyone else. As for the Sinister one now every bit of content besides Heroic Dungeons is worse than it. Bump the ilvl to 355 to match Darkshore Rares and slightly stronger epic versions for flavour. Adding Azerite pieces gives a little more use to get into Mythics and PVP because below those ilvls you won't be getting an invite.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    Your not missing anything at all.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Apparently. /10char

Apparently. /10char
    You'll notice I didn't end my post in a question mark; this is because I'm asking a rhetorical question. I'm not missing anything, you're just reaching for things to whine about.

You'll notice I didn't end my post in a question mark; this is because I'm asking a rhetorical question. I'm not missing anything, you're just reaching for things to whine about.
    Oh look, now you are resorting to insults. Hmm, maybe we just have different opinions. You know it is a possibility.

Oh look, now you are resorting to insults. Hmm, maybe we just have different opinions. You know it is a possibility.
    I'm not "resorting to insults", I'm literally just telling it like it is.

You're reaching.

Just because some gear, later into the expansion, was better than quest gear or LFR gear or whatever is not a real fucking issue. It's barely even something to nitpick at. It's a non-issue that you're complaining about because you're specifically looking for things to bitch about because you have an axe to grind. So your argument and "opinion" can barely even be given serious attention, let alone validation.

The "problem" comes down to Blizz not wanting anything to compete with instanced dungeons (especially mythic raiding) as the de facto method of gearing.

In this regard, I think Blizz is contradicting their main gear manta as of late, where they want multiple avenues of gearing... but it's all about time. If you mythic raid, you'll gear the highest ilvl gear the fastest, and doing less difficult content will require more time on average to reach that mythic raiding level. However, I feel Blizz holds a hyperbolic view on crafting professions when it comes to gear and have basically said as much when asked about it: "it's too easy to craft gear and would eliminate needing to do instanced content to craft a high ilvl set." But this is quite misleading, as Blizz could easily adjust the crafting system and the mats required to allow a player to craft a full set of armor or weapons equal to mythic raiding... you'd just have to make it take a longer time to fully gear yourself out in comparison to instanced content. There already do this with sanguicell, breath of bwansamdi, tidalcores, etc., and it time gates crafting (one could debate whether the system should force you into raids versus other means).

Ideally, I'd love to see crafting being able to become a third viable and independent gearing path alongside mythic+ and raiding (leaving PvP out of this because it has its own issues). Again, it could be a much longer path than the other two in terms of speed, as being able to potentially craft BiS gear the first day of a raid would be silly, but being able to accrue gear over time would be a welcome change. If you compare crafting in WoW to games like FF14 and ESO, the comparison makes armor crafting in WoW basically akin to First Aid at this point. You could remove those professions from the game, and the game itself would not really be impacted (unlike removing enchanting and alchemy). Also, some people may remember, Blizz did actually add little perks to the gathering professions to make them have even a smidgen of depth in WoD, such as Skinning giving crit rating, but that was also removed.

If you want my hyperbolic response, Blizz just wants to phase out crafting or just doesn't care about the crafting systems at all. The 8.1.5 profession quests could've been a great time to make the crafting professions bring something to the table... and they're basically introducing items that don't offer much of anything.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville