Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hollow Knight: Silksong

Oh my god I am literally crying with joy now! a direct sequel!

Team Cherry!!!! oh my god this is exactly what happened when a company create things out of love and passion not just greed and money, If only companies followed their practices.

Really I can't wait...super excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I should probably play the first one at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Not my kind of game anymore, but I'm glad things like this are still being made, used to LOVE 2d platformers (guess I just "grew out" of them, not age wise but in what I wanted to play)

I'm excited for this and I haven't even played the first one yet.

Just like her design.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Hollow Knight is a 9/10 game. I was already buying the Hornet DLC when they announced it, but they upgraded her DLC into a whole fucking game!? DUDE WHAT

Oooh. That's a sequal I can get behind.

Overhyped character. Not as good as original. Would not recommend.

<.< >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Team Cherry!!!! oh my god this is exactly what happened when a company create things out of love and passion not just greed and money, If only companies followed their practices.
    While I enjoyed Hollow Knight and have 100% completed it (107%, or whatever the number is with the DLC), how is any of the above true to this? Unless they're releasing this for free, I'm pretty sure they're making money at this.

Fine just take my money

Man....they're going to have a real challenge meeting the high standards that Hollow Knight set. But they've got a fan-favorite character, what sounds like an excellent soundtrack already, and a strong base of gameplay with the original engine to work with.

I will never pre-order any game ever again....but if they have a collectors edition or special edition where I can give Team Cherry more money, I'm doing it.

P.S.: Team Cherry, where can I buy a hornet figure/statue???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Guess I should probably play the first one at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm excited for this and I haven't even played the first one yet.

If you like any kind of side-scrolling or Metroidvania....bro....this will be the best $20 you've EVER spent.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If you like any kind of side-scrolling or Metroidvania....bro....this will be the best $20 you've EVER spent.
    I plan to buy it on my switch I just never got around to it because I'm perpetually working through a backlog and then new games come out that I wanna play more.

I'm also of the habit of waiting for things to go on heavy sale but this never goes more than 34% off I noticed.

I plan to buy it on my switch I just never got around to it because I'm perpetually working through a backlog and then new games come out that I wanna play more.

I'm also of the habit of waiting for things to go on heavy sale but this never goes more than 34% off I noticed.
    I have Hollow Knight on the Switch(I bought it on PC first), and the only thing I will say that's a negative is the small screen. Not only will you miss out on some AMAZING visuals, but Hollow Knight has the capability to step up your game with precision jumping and attacks. If you use the dock and connect to a larger screen, this is mostly mitigated. However, I would HIGHLY recommend playing on a more powerful platform with better FPS. And the music....god...those tiny Switch speakers can not do it justice.

But don't get me wrong. No matter where you play it, Hollow Knight is a superior game.

As for pricing, it's already a steal at $20. This is at the quality of a $30-40 game easily. Getting it for $15 or $16 is almost sinful.

Look, you've seen my post history. You know how critical I am of games. Consider that carefully in light of the glowing praise I'm giving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double thread! Which is ironic, cuz silken threads and such.

Meh... too many platform games by Indie devs. :/

@SirCowdog Games only 15 unless there's some paid DLC I haven't looked up.

There's just some games that feel right on a handheld for me, like top down JRPG's like lost sphear. This is one of those kinds of games where I just don't enjoy it as much on a bigger screen. Not that the switch screen is really all that small for a handheld. Like I've tried to play Ori a few times and I never get very far whenever I play on PC.

Also helps that I can play it on my work commute, Which is upwards of 10 hours of gaming time a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    While I enjoyed Hollow Knight and have 100% completed it (107%, or whatever the number is with the DLC), how is any of the above true to this? Unless they're releasing this for free, I'm pretty sure they're making money at this.
    I didn't say they will not make money from any of this... I said their main goal is not the greed and money but passion and love.

@SirCowdog Games only 15 unless there's some paid DLC I haven't looked up.

There's just some games that feel right on a handheld for me, like top down JRPG's like lost sphear. This is one of those kinds of games where I just don't enjoy it as much on a bigger screen. Not that the switch screen is really all that small for a handheld. Like I've tried to play Ori a few times and I never get very far whenever I play on PC.

Also helps that I can play it on my work commute, Which is upwards of 10 hours of gaming time a week.
    Oof....I don't think I would have enjoyed Ori nearly as much on a smaller screen. There's too many incredible visuals.

Well, it all comes down to personal preference, I guess. Regardless, both Ori and Hollow Knight are top-notch games. If you enjoyed Ori, you'll probably enjoy Hollow knight. Although be warned that Hollow knight is a step up in difficulty. And if you're still concerned about price, consider that Hollow Knight comes with 3 DLCs on top of the base game. I really can't stress enough what crazy value that is.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-15 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I vocally squeed when I stumbled across the video earlier today! Even more happy that they are making an effort to launch it on the switch at the same time as PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I guess the main difference is they aren't trying to monetize EVERY aspect of the game like AAA publishers do. There won't be any stupid paid lootboxes you have to log in once a day to get, no paid cosmetics, no microtransactions. And if the first game is any indication, future DLCs for Silksong will also be free.

They're charging an EXTREMELY fair price for a high-quality product. The philosophy behind it is they want people to enjoy their game, not so much that they want to milk and squeeze every dirty drop of profit from consumers to the detriment of the game like bigger corporations and publishers.

Honestly? I think they probably should charge more for these games. It's easily in the $30-40 range in my opinion. But they're only asking half that. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I have Hollow Knight on the Switch(I bought it on PC first), and the only thing I will say that's a negative is the small screen. Not only will you miss out on some AMAZING visuals, but Hollow Knight has the capability to step up your game with precision jumping and attacks. If you use the dock and connect to a larger screen, this is mostly mitigated. However, I would HIGHLY recommend playing on a more powerful platform with better FPS. And the music....god...those tiny Switch speakers can not do it justice.

But don't get me wrong. No matter where you play it, Hollow Knight is a superior game.

As for pricing, it's already a steal at $20. This is at the quality of a $30-40 game easily. Getting it for $15 or $16 is almost sinful.

Look, you've seen my post history. You know how critical I am of games. Consider that carefully in light of the glowing praise I'm giving.
    Funny enough I enjoyed it more on the switch then the PC (Not to say PC version was bad but...). For some wearied reason I almost never actually dock my system I just play it like I would my older handhelds...