7+ Year Old Account

Was the "800 people" that bad

I wanted to make this a thread to spread some news about this, to try and put it in a slightly better light. I am still mad that people like yithens who really was pretty cool are gone.

1. This was 800 people throughout Activision Blizzard. Not just blizzard.
    Yes 800 people, but not all of them were blizzard, alot of them were activision, alot were MLG, and alot were King.

2. This is nothing compared to the 2012 layoffs.
    back in 2012 blizzard JUST BLIZZARD laid off 600 people the excact same way, people not focused on development, people who were just CM's, GM's, and others, with 60 of them being developers.
    https://www.engadget.com/2012/02/29/...taff-globally/
    And here is what mike had to say about it.

3. the people have got 6-12 months pay as severence, so giving them plenty of time to find new work, alot of these people amazing and talented, i am sure they will be fine.

4. They are going to be hiring a ton of develpment staff, so yes while this goes down on the team, we should hopefully start seeing more devs, meaning faster, and hopefully higher quality content.

I hope you all get alittle bit more informed.

Yes while this is horrible, these people should be fine, and blizzard is doing this to get more devs

Yes i agree bobby is a dick, but we cant blame all of blizzard, we cant keep saying "FUCK BLIZZARD I HOPE YOU ALL FAIL AND BURN" then get mad when people get laid off, cause when you say "FUCK BLIZZARD" you are saying that to every single employee, even those 800 just laid off. Blame the people really causing the problems, dont blame "Entire corporation" cause there is MANY within blizz trying their hardest and doing their best. Blame those who make these choices, bobby.

This is not the end of the world, do not blame "blizzard" blame those who did it, bobby, do not harras all those employees left who really care. Do not attack and punish those who were not fired. and do not wish firing on those you simply dislike because "my class sucks" or "i dont like where the story is going"

If we all unsubbed to boycott this decsision tomorow. Kotick would be fine, he would be fine on millions if not billions.
    the only ones harmed woudl be the thousands of employees left over.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-02-15 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I have had a hand in laying off several dozen people which for the company meant almost 17% of the total employee count. I have not read everything about the Blizzard situation but from what I gather, they are trimming fat and getting rid of workers they think are not vital for day to day operations. Yes, that is a thing - companies do bloat up, whether by over hiring and/or becoming more efficient.

Besides, large companies do it all the time - we just saw that happen with SpaceX, Tesla or even non-tech related companies such as Vice and BuzzFeed.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2019-02-15 at 04:28 PM.

No, it was not, and when you work for a corporation that big you have to expect it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We already have a few active threads discussing the recent layoffs. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead