Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They look unfinished. There's about three animations that every race randomly loops through, but all four of these seem like one continuous animation.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

0 for 4 on those, even if those are just partial bits of them.

So female KT have 3 moves and that’s a dance? Sorry, but that seems incredibly lazy to me. I think a lot of others also have only 3-4 moves to them, however they go on for a while and even when doing the Russian dance on a dwarf, for instance, it goes on a while and seems to be an ongoing dance. The female KT just does a leg kick and pause, an arm raise and pause, a dip and pause. It seems slow, awkward, and lazy from a design point.
    And I usually defend Blizz lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't think gwara gwara fits Zandalari, they only have african accents but their main theme is that they're more sophisticatef than other trolls and not so tribal. This is why dance that imitates monkey movements looks jarring to me, I'd much better like if they went Rio de Janeiro theme and would much better fit Zandalari culture considering they like impressive featherly hats and masks.

Besides troll women have long and beautiful legs so their dance should use those attributes.
    It could be argued that the Zandalari and other trolls mirror the cultures of Africa and the Caribbean in real life. The Zandalari have the most renowned Loa, while the other trolls have their more localized Loa. This is similar to West African Vodun, which changed form to Vodou in the Caribbean, but has many similarities to the root religion.

Not to mention, much of the Caribbean and South America is a mixture of African, European, and Mesoamerican culture. Thus why in the Dominican Republic, they have their own Vudú - it's called the same thing in Puerto Rico as well. Same with Brazillian Vodum. Same with Cuban Vodú. There were also masks used in Puerto Rico by the Taino people, which are still common today.

Just by the inspiration of what Zandalar's culture is, it's all a mixture of African and Mesoamerican stuff. Though, having a South American dance at least for Zandalari males would have been fitting, since no one seems to know what the dance is a reference to anyway.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2019-02-14 at 01:59 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female KT has the best so far and they all look unfinished like they're half-dances.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one thats any good imo is the female Zand troll.

license free "dance" moves and it shows. DISGUSTING! All four, hideous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit these are bad. Orange justice and the floss would have been preferable.

To be honest I'm surprised they even have their own dances and simply didn't have the human/troll dances, since Nightborne/Void Elves essentially just have the night elf/blood elf dances.

noone will ever beat male human dance anyway

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're all okay (if a bit short and maybe unfinished?) except the female troll. What the fuck is she even meant to be doing. She looks like she's having a seizure.

my orc is kinda liking kul'tiran females.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Fuck me, I hope the Blizzard devs never sink that low. Maybe you'd also want them to do a Fortnite dance?
    Nah, save flossing for vulperas.

Zandalari are such a fucking meme with how they presented them, the dab would have been a cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Each dance animation so far has had different segments that change randomly, these are just one.

Hope they're just unfinished...
    This, but I also highly doubt it. Blizz has been way too radio silent lately, launched things that were massively reported as buggy and issues on betas, then gone "oh oops, we didn't know it was going to be this bad!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't think gwara gwara fits Zandalari, they only have african accents but their main theme is that they're more sophisticatef than other trolls and not so tribal. This is why dance that imitates monkey movements looks jarring to me, I'd much better like if they went Rio de Janeiro theme and would much better fit Zandalari culture considering they like impressive featherly hats and masks.

Besides troll women have long and beautiful legs so their dance should use those attributes.
    It's connected to "Zandalar forever!" shout which is a parody of "Wakanda forever!" which brought this about...

Funny because the gwara gwara got so many versions of it, you can add so much to it but blizz just used the simple stripped down version.

There's no way that fatty can move so fluidly. Unless there were chicken mcnuggets in front of her or something

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Funny because the gwara gwara got so many versions of it, you can add so much to it but blizz just used the simple stripped down version.
    This version would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they not get the people who does hearthstone to do the dances they added a lot better than these 4 every time they add a new toon so sad so dang sad they very bad dances.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It could be argued that the Zandalari and other trolls mirror the cultures of Africa and the Caribbean in real life. The Zandalari have the most renowned Loa, while the other trolls have their more localized Loa. This is similar to West African Vodun, which changed form to Vodou in the Caribbean, but has many similarities to the root religion.

Not to mention, much of the Caribbean and South America is a mixture of African, European, and Mesoamerican culture. Thus why in the Dominican Republic, they have their own Vudú - it's called the same thing in Puerto Rico as well. Same with Brazillian Vodum. Same with Cuban Vodú. There were also masks used in Puerto Rico by the Taino people, which are still common today.

Just by the inspiration of what Zandalar's culture is, it's all a mixture of African and Mesoamerican stuff. Though, having a South American dance at least for Zandalari males would have been fitting, since no one seems to know what the dance is a reference to anyway.
    I disagre their mesoamerican influence is so dominant that they should've stick up to the theme. People were already baffled by african accents instead of having typical mimicing the said mesoamerican languages.

Also the dances would fit much more their sophisticated lifestyles, and nature. They're not like any other troll tribe that could have a little bit more wild dance, but Zandalari female doing something that resembles retarding twerking with shaky leg just ruins it for me.

I know I'll never use /dance on any of my Zandalari toons if this is gonna be implemented like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    It's connected to "Zandalar forever!" shout which is a parody of "Wakanda forever!" which brought this about...

I know where it came from but that Crapanada references needs to stop, they're not cool. They should've stick to culture that actually existed and had much better connection to Zandalari so Mesoamricans. I know that my suggestion - so samba is rather modern (? I'm no dance expert) but it would much better fit Zandalari females and would nicely line up with their long legs and slender figures.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    pretty sure taylor swifts song is the troll female dance.
    the troll male is generic though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just grabbed one! But yeah female dwarf is literally just generic river dancing.
    Dwarf male is generic dancing
    pretty sure even though they pair gnome female with that its not actually... cause those dance moves actually never show up in that...
    Draenei female is generic belly dancing, not really an "iconic dance"
    Undead male... well its just head bobbing and jumping, undead female again generic not anything iconic.
    tauren male is peanut butter jelly plus... something...
    Troll male is generic.
    yeah the blood elf female is just an... audition for some reason

and yeah alot of people seem to forget iterally all of the normal race dances are just 2 animations that swap randomly back and forth.

also can i just say how lovely it is the goblins were soulja boy dance, and now hes making illegal bootleg systems that are really just chinexe ripoffs with his name posted on them?
    litterally perfect.
    This post literally shows how young you are and how out of touch you are with the previous dances.