The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're nearly 2 days out from the Bills deal and 1 day out from him saying he was about to be traded.

Unless he's in deep contract talks with the Raiders, I think the whole thing had fallen through and he's staying put.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    AB reportedly wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league, that's us out. We couldn't pay Khalil Mack what he wanted, who thinks we're paying AB top dollar at his age with his behaviour issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    AB reportedly wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league, that's us out. We couldn't pay Khalil Mack what he wanted, who thinks we're paying AB top dollar at his age with his behaviour issues?
    Yeah that seems to be the impasse we're at. The teams with Superstar money laying around and the need for a #1 receiver are all so bad AB will just threaten to not show up if he's traded. So at this point I'll be surprised if he's moved. Probably in another week we'll be shifting to talking about "Does AB pull a Lev Bell?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m seeing tweets saying a third and a fifth for AB.
    3rd and a 5th, damn there must have been no interest from teams giving up a 1st (not shocked).

10+ Year Old Account
    All that baiting the Steelers did and they still only got a 3rd and a 5th from a team with a dick ton of 1sts.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is..... that may be one of the more bungled trades I've seen. AB must have had the Steelers over a barrel if they'd take a third just so they wouldn't have to release him.

I'm still curious about this new contract AB supposedly got. 3 years with only 30.1 mil guaranteed. Sure he can earn more based on how they do the contract but the guaranteed money is really all that needs to be looked at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm still curious about this new contract AB supposedly got. 3 years with only 30.1 mil guaranteed. Sure he can earn more based on how they do the contract but the guaranteed money is really all that needs to be looked at.
    To be fair he had $0 left in guarantees with Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    To be fair he had $0 left in guarantees with Pittsburgh.
    True, but if his goal was to be one of the highest paid receivers isn't this guaranteed money way off compared to OBJ and others?

10+ Year Old Account
    So on a whim I wanted to see why Khalil Mack was trending and people are basically trying to compare the Mack Trade with the AB Trade.

I mean I get the Raiders basically gave Mack's money to AB, but wouldn't the better comparison here be comparing the Cooper Trade with the AB Trade? Y'know, compare AB against the guy he is replacing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mack and Cooper aren't locker room cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Thomas is gonna want like $19mil a year, oof, not looking forward to that extension.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Good morning. Did I miss anything? Nothing big happened?

3rd and a 5th for AB, AND AB gets a fat new contract. AB should be thanking his agent on bended knee that he managed to pull this off.

I do not look forward to other players pulling this shit though, cause you KNOW some lesser able player is going to see this and go "Hmmmmmmmm, I'd like to get out of my contract..." and then make a fuss and get hammered by his team invoking conduct detrimental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy we got him for peanuts pick wise, not happy that we can pay him but couldn't pay Mack.

Really am surprised at this, Gruden has to feel confident he can deal with Brown's attitude to make that deal and then pay him big money.

As a Bills fan, I'm fuming. I'm sure the Steelers are too, because the rumored trade we were willing to part with was swapping the 9th pick with the 20th.

I can't see how Oakland's offense is any better than Buffalo's.

OBJ literally reworked his contract last season, didn't he?

Or do you mean when he's AB's age, looking to get one more big contract?

10+ Year Old Account
    $21mil in dead money and two mid-round picks, Steelers fans must be PUMPED!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As a Bills fan, I'm fuming. I'm sure the Steelers are too, because the rumored trade we were willing to part with was swapping the 9th pick with the 20th.

Well Oakland has a QB, and Buffalo being 31st in passing can't be too appealing to a receiver, and location wise we're comparing Buffalo to Las Vegas.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

The statistics can show you how it's better. Buffalo ranked last, or second to last in almost every meaningful passing category (a heated battle with Arizona). Oakland isn't a great passing offense, but fell closer to the middle in most categories. They're closer on total offense, due to Buffalo having a decent rushing attack, but I'm not sure I'd care about that if I were AB, considering the selfishness and all. Not to mention the whole Derek Carr vs Josh Allen thing. One has at least shown glimpses of competency, the other hasn't had much of a chance to do that yet but wasn't impressive in his only season.

Not saying the situation is right--what AB did was bad. It cost the Steelers and the Bills. But let's be real, if I'm in AB's shoes and have to pick between one of these two dumpster franchises--I'm going to Oakland and it's not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Organization wise, there's no difference, one playoff appearance in 16 years, one in 19 years. The only advantage is passing offense and soon, location, which it makes sense would be the only two things AB would care about, assuming both teams were willing to pay him.
    /s