Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Three Tories have just gone too, along with another Labour MP. This actually looks quite promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I doubt that he hates semites. The issue is he is mindlessly pro-Muslim and very anti-Western. European Jews and Israel are inside the Western tradition, so it's only natural that there is some conflict with his politics.
    Not wanting to be bigoted against muslims is pro-muslim now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's not the real reason though, they want a Tony Blair style party which I doubt Labour will ever be again.
    Yeah, seems a couple of tories joined them.

Congratz on your 2nd liberal party, U.K.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47306022

Here's news of the three that was just mentioned in above post

There are 3 possible outcomes left now.

Hitting a brick wall at 100mph - No deal- and then shifting through the debris and try to pull things together using nothing but duct tape and spit.

Hitting the breaks - postponing or canceling Brexit- just to be pulled out of the car and be lynched by an angry mob of lunatics (Brexiteers), but saving the country and the Brexiteers from themselves in the process.

Or the 3rd option is keep speeding towards the wall and hoping the wall will somehow save you. As in hoping that the EU will unilaterally come up with some way to keep trade flowing and services functioning while the British government gets its act together.

This would be a total abdication of responsibility from behalf of the British government and I'm honestly unsure how the EU can find the legal grounds to pull this off, but it likely will because it is the only adult left in the room and it probably cares more for the well being of the British public than the British government does.

Both parties purging moderates it seems.

Welcome to US politics, Britain. Guess it runs in the family.

Frankly, I've always thought the EU was unneeded.

A free trade agreement covering Europe, plus NATO to prevent more European wars was all that was needed.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    so this is just an official neoliberal party now.
    So tory-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Both parties purging moderates it seems.

Welcome to US politics, Britain. Guess it runs in the family.

Frankly, I've always thought the EU was unneeded.

A free trade agreement covering Europe, plus NATO to prevent more European wars was all that was needed.
    The free trade agreement that covers Europe is the EU. The complexity of the free trade bloc and the number of items, people, and countries it covers requires substantial oversight, regulation mechanisms and mechanisms for constant renegotiation and adjustment, that is the EU Commission, Parliament and Court of Justice.

The problem is that most people have no fucking clue what the EU is or does in the first place. And the "ever closer union" is misunderstood as an intention to become a nation state. That is not the intention or aim, not even the most pro-EU federalists understand the "ever closer union" as such, but rather as confederation of sovereign nations of many nationalities and ethnicities with a shared history, values and interests.

You might not perceive it as "necessary" but the historical precedent is that it is very much necessary and without this union of interests and forum for discussion Europe always descends into war. Military alliances are temporary and fickle as are trade agreements. The EU strikes the balance between a shared political and economic space and national sovereignty needed for peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    lmao calling zelk a tory. clueless.
    Strange is he helping them swear Corbyn with these baseless accustions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Because if you don't absolutely adore the glorious leader, you absolutely must be a Tory?

Could Rudd be next?

https://twitter.com/AmberRuddHR/stat...84982936408067

It might be nothing but Rudd leaving would be a massive blow to the Tories and in particular May.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There are clear cases of Labour Jewish MPs being attacked by Labour members for the simple fact of being Jewish.
    Bullshit. There isn't a single verifiable case of this happening. There is literally no hard evidence.

You are a liar. You are making it up. You need to either post an apology for attempting to deceive people or produce evidence.

And no you can't weasel your way out of this like you normally do, I'll keep reminding you of this issue until you do one or the other. That's a very serious accusation and you are not backing out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Because if you don't absolutely adore the glorious leader, you absolutely must be a Tory?
    Not supporting Corbyn and smearing him are different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3OMN2a5OY

Three hours.
    That is how much it took before they were spewing racist nonsense.

Want to hear the biggest news of all?
    https://twitter.com/Muqadaam/status/1037802789668364288

And "your movement" is the Tories?
    Because yeah, not paying attention to the smear campaign surely harms the Tories.
    mate I wasn't allowed to join the labour party in 2016 because of my past involvement with far left parties and you're calling me a fucking tory. Lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I didn't even mention Corbyn?? I said the party had an antisemitism problem, which it does. Anyone denying that is deluded and is actively harming the labour movement,.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I said the party had an antisemitism problem, which it does. Anyone denying that is deluded and is actively harming the labour movement,.
    Where is your evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathwathal View Post
    Where is your evidence?
    https://old.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/..._any_credible/

I don't think all of it counts but there's a number of instances of members being readmitted to the party after posting disgusting comments in the 2nd half of the post

So...there's a new UKIP?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post

I don't think all of it counts but there's a number of instances of members being readmitted to the party after posting disgusting comments in the 2nd half of the post
    That is not evidence. You need to produce an actual quotation or other primary source.

The next post you contribute should contain a quote or other primary source. Not, "here is a link where people say other people said something I think is disgusting and reference secondary links to other sources of questionable veracity with little or no attribution".
    Last edited by Fathwathal; 2019-02-20 at 09:24 PM.

And......

Derek Hatton's been suspended just a day after his readmission was confirmed.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...party-15861929

hahaha