Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The picture scared me more than anything... I had to scroll past it really fast to avoid seeing it... But the image tho... /shudder

EDIT: So I have a niece and nephew aged 5 and 3. Should I be concerned? I feel like linking the news article to my brother to see if it is something to worry about... I know people are saying it is a hoax but if it is true, then it is better to be safe than sorry right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Again, I have nephews, and yes, I would, because even if its kids television, I care enough about my nephews to put up with it.
    I would then encourage them to play games or with toys or play in the garden to get them doing something better for them then watching cartoons all day.
    Going outside isn't always an option or a safe choice. Throwing on some Baby Bum so you can cook dinner, wash the clothing they just had an accident in or any of the thousands of reasons you need to take care of something and can't hover over your child is a in many cases the best option. Educational shows that also entertain is extremely handy for the short respite and to teach the kid, but yeah I am sure playing with some toy is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This Momo shit is pissing me off, my 7 year old client with PTSD came into my office afraid and convinced that he is real. People need to realize that internet jokes can have real-life consequences.
    Some know and want that, others don't give a shit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    The picture scared me more than anything... I had to scroll past it really fast to avoid seeing it... But the image tho... /shudder

EDIT: So I have a niece and nephew aged 5 and 3. Should I be concerned? I feel like linking the news article to my brother to see if it is something to worry about... I know people are saying it is a hoax but if it is true, then it is better to be safe than sorry right?
    I think it is a hoax that (at least some) children believe is true. Maybe someone could sit the kids down, ask if they heard about Momo and if so, talk to them about how Momo isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    clicking on the 'quote' tab to see your earlier reply is hardly 'stalking' guy get over yourself guy lol. Nothing you have said here has allowed you to be in position to 'get under my skin' as you've only demonstrated yourself as some dime a dozen jaded internet edge lord, and we all know how worthless those are to try and get upset over

Welcome back though!
    That was a whole lot of hashtags sewn together to make a semi coherent thought. Another reason to feel sorry for your children.

- - - Updated - - -

This Momo shit is pissing me off, my 7 year old client with PTSD came into my office afraid and convinced that he is real. People need to realize that internet jokes can have real-life consequences.
    The problem is that people are assholes, and you can't control assholes, but people in the know can control what young children watch. YouTube, with all of the child scandals, is not the company through which children should consume media.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I bet 99.9% of you dont have kids yourself...
    its is the winter months and it is cold out. my 7 yr old watches fortnite videos and a bunch of stuff on youtube kids and not once has he ever heard of momo.

dont blame this on parents because in the warmer months we are outside swimming playing in the yard. but when it is 10 degrees outside aint noone going outside. yes we watch tv together but when they want to hang out in their rooms they do and watch things on tablets. You was all kids. name me one person that loved being around the parents 100% of the time? go ahead ill wait.

thats right you cant. i loved playing by myself in my room on nintendo or sega or hell even the atari.

we have parental controls on stuff but like stated there is ways to get around it.

I am not a model parent by no means either. but who is?
    So neglecting responsibilities because "it's hot out" or letting them do what they want because you were a kid once and they "don't like rules" is justifiable grounds for wanting higher authorities and strangers to pick up your slack? You even admitted you aren't a model parent by any means, your entire argument isn't valid at all. You are responsible for the child's safety, you have authority over them. The internet can be an enjoyable experience for children and has potential to help them grow in many different ways, but not if the parent makes no effort to make internet activity safe for the child, then gets retroactively outraged when the child inevitably happens upon obviously dangerous, dangerous people, or ends up doing or saying something that affects the parent as well, all due to that lack of precaution. Like seriously, all it takes is a sit down with the child to explain the goods and bads of the web and have some open dialogue on how to keep them safe from the bad.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-03-06 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    you can't control assholes
    That's funny, considering classic psychology considers the asshole as the symbol of ones ability to exert control. But I suppose that only relates to our own orifices, not others'...

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    cuz it'S easier to shut them up then actually doing something with them
    Actually, I saw something like that the other day in the bus: A mother with a baby in a stroller. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the
    toddler looking at a tablet with colorful motives moving around the screen and the mother just minding her own business.

Sick...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    there used to be some boundaries. now baby dick adults are scaring kids. thats the problem.
    now
    This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Actually, I saw something like that the other day in the bus: A mother with a baby in a stroller. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the
    toddler looking at a tablet with colorful motives moving around the screen and the mother just minding her own business.

Sick...
    People are so judgmental, what did you expect her to do with the kid while they were on the bus? Teach her quadratic equations?

There's an awful lot of very pious crap in this thread from people who clearly don't actually have children. People who will be closer in age to the demographic creating (and maliciously altering) the content in question.

Please don't tell me that my child shouldn't watch Fortnite vloggers enthuse about a shared passion. I'm not at fault. My child isn't at fault. The cunts trying to frighten my child are at fault.

People are so judgmental, what did you expect her to do with the kid while they were on the bus? Teach her quadratic equations?
    Not really But I don't think the constant distraction is really a good thing. Children have enough on their plate growing up, dealing with themselves alone. They need to learn to deal with themselves, with their emotions, their perception of the environment.

Yeah I may be judgemental, but as it is that kid will be spending his time staring at a square screen soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post

You should tell your brother if he lets his young children watch youtube he's a monster unfit for parenting.

There are plenty of legitimate platforms for entertainment. Get netflix or amazon prime or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Sorry, misread the quote (snip)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    This is nothing new.
    the grand scale of it is absolutely new, because of the internet.

people being shit heads to kids in general isn't new, you're right.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    Some guy was also editing kids videos and putting himself in there instructing kids how to commit suicide.
    Or those who dip Jalapeños in chocolate and hand out to kids at Halloween.
    And this?

I mean, how much of a broken person do you have to be to actually do something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    A that point what they are actually capable of comes in. I don't think you can police society by what the dumbest of its members do.
    Actually yes, yes you can. I mean, probably 90% of the safety laws and regulations we have exist purely because of the dumbest members of society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Sick...
    Seriously? You are reaching so far you make stretch fucking armstrong jealous. Would you have been equally incensed if the baby in question had been playing with a bunch of colorful plastic shit attached to a ring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Parent need to invest in

https://www.netnanny.com/

I mean it's pretty shitty, but if a child is that young, maybe some steps need to be taken and restrictions on net access.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Actually yes, yes you can. I mean, probably 90% of the safety laws and regulations we have exist purely because of the dumbest members of society.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? You are reaching so far you make stretch fucking armstrong jealous. Would you have been equally incensed if the baby in question had been playing with a bunch of colorful plastic shit attached to a ring?
    No, because that would have been something where the baby would have had to use it's senses, his fingers, something to interact with, instead of just being distracted by something meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched a YouTube where some Japanese guy who created MoMo talking about how he destroyed the doll and what not. Bet it would have fetched a pretty penny on auction.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis