Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I honestly don't give a fuck if me having fun hurts some snowflakes who can't let go a fucking video game.

Manchilds are pathetic, period. Don't like it, don't play it.

You do realize that people build guilds and community over the years which serve as social connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Actually... WoW peak was in WOTLK.... but I believe MOP even went over that top if I remember.... or was "0.05%" close to it.

came here just to def MOP which shares number 1 place with WOTLK imo.
    Not really. Wotlk was the prime time of WoW that was NEVER achieved after.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Ever pay attention to those surveys and realize that a large portion of the forum is NOT actively subscribed?

Are people who aren't currently subscribed forbidden from talking about the game?
    no, but people who no longer play that have criticisms about the current state are invalid IMO since they are not experiencing what is going on themselves and are just going off what others say, regardless of it being true or not. I have no issues with people wanting the game to get better. I have no issues with people not liking it's current direction. What I have issues with is the vitriol and how people take it so personally that they seem to become unhinged over the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithmarr View Post
    I don't think people are in denial. It's just that some people like it and most don't
    im certainly in denial

for example last night when i logged in and farmed darkhore rares for 2 hours while having a lot of fun doin so i was in denial.

2 days ago when i had a blast leveling my druid i was in denial .

when patch lands and i will start leveling zandalari and kultiran as druids too (amazing druid forms) im for sure gonna be in denial too.

when timewalking lands next week and i will gear up my that druid that i was leveling 2 days ago i will be in denial too

jezus im in such denial that i enjoy playing the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    no, but people who no longer play that have criticisms about the current state are invalid IMO since they are not experiencing what is going on themselves and are just going off what others say, regardless of it being true or not. I have no issues with people wanting the game to get better. I have no issues with people not liking it's current direction. What I have issues with is the vitriol and how people take it so personally that they seem to become unhinged over the game.
    i have much bigger problem with the fact that some people are delusional enough to belive that forums are real and accurate representation of playerbase.

when in reality forums are filled with the most extremly hardcore part of fanbase as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

All of these people can't be wrong.
    of coure you're not wrong when you say you don't like the game
    doesn't mean i am wrong because i say i do like it

what others think of the game is highly irrelevant to me
    if i can play like i am playing now, i will be happy for months and months for sure

by the way: why do you create multiple threads about this subject?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im certainly in denial

for example last night when i logged in and farmed darkhore rares for 2 hours while having a lot of fun doin so i was in denial.

2 days ago when i had a blast leveling my druid i was in denial .

when patch lands and i will start leveling zandalari and kultiran as druids too (amazing druid forms) im for sure gonna be in denial too.

when timewalking lands next week and i will gear up my that druid that i was leveling 2 days ago i will be in denial too

jezus im in such denial that i enjoy playing the game

- - - Updated - - -

i have much bigger problem with the fact that some people are delusional enough to belive that forums are real and accurate representation of playerbase.

when in reality forums are filled with the most extremly hardcore part of fanbase as possible.
    That as well. According to here, the game is dead, servers are dead, and no one plays anymore. But that is not even close to my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post

if i can play like i am playing now, i will be happy for months and months for sure

FOX News syndrome. Repeat something over and over loud enough and people will believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    FOX News syndrome. Repeat something over and over loud enough and people will believe you.
    You should have quit while you were ahead.

CNN Syndrome. Spread misinformation & insult others to dilute the actual situations people should be concerned with.

Or just look at what you actually responded to:

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post

The OP is merely saying different people like different things. Sheesh, starting with politics to defend your position is a huge fail. I'm not even going to bother saying IMO. It's a total fail on your part. Period.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-10 at 02:56 AM.

Bfa sucks *cry*

Because they feel invested in the Game and if they stopped playing they would have nothing left. I first stopped playing WoW in early Lichking and since then pretty much never played more than a few month at once. I even skipped two complete expansions with Casualysm and Pandaland and haven't played Retail in like 7 Month.

But some people just play it out of bad habit or something. They play it for 10+ Years and they know its boring and terrible but they are comfortable in it and feel safe :P. They probably be intimidated if they started another Game where they would need to get used to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The 3.1 score for BfA is probably because of the large echo-chamber that is the internet right now. BfA isn't great, but it's def not as bad as Cata or WoD was. Cata and WoD actually caused me to unsub around x.1 and go play other games. BfA has problems, but the PvP (excluding WM) is the best it's been for a while. BoD is one of the best raids since NH. M+ is pretty fun with the new Reaping affix.

AP and class pruning is the biggest issue that needs to be looked at.
    PvP is absolutely not good when class design is in the state it's currently in. Every single warrior, regardless of player skill or knowledge of the game, plays the exact same, for example.

Healers are invincible gods, damage is far too low, 50%+ dampening every match, etc etc.

The problem is not people being in denial, the problem is people thinking their opinions are objective truths. It's when they treat people who like the game like animals essentially, describing their enjoyment of the game as something induced by mental illness, or insecurity.

You don't like the game - okay, cool. I do like it though. That's really it. Of course the product's commercial success depends on how many people enjoy the product, but that's not really something me, as an end-game customer cares about. I won't start hating the game just because people on the forums or youtube said it's bad and I should hate it.

No movie, book, or pc game is "objectively" bad. These are all opinions. Some people share them, other's don't. I've read various claims here about people who enjoy the game, some of them that they are kids, or that they have a disease. The true disease is believing your subjective opinion on a game is absolute truth and those who don't agree must be sick in the head.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-03-10 at 12:53 PM.

Yes, the sub count is at an all time low. However, if some people still enjoy the game, who cares, let them have it. I don't like WoW anymore (because to me its not WoW anymore), so I don't play or pay for it. It is a shame the game isn't what it used to be, but I guess that's just the way it is.

Having said all that, I have to admit that I have even been tempted to take a look at BfA. Mainly due to nostalgia (and the artwork looks interesting), so I know it would only be a very temporary, even superficial thing. Sadly, I do miss WoW, but I know it will never be anywhere near the same game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

CNN Syndrome. Spread misinformation & insult others to dilute the actual situations people should be concerned with.

The OP is merely saying different people like different things. Sheesh, starting with politics to defend your position is a huge fail. I'm not even going to bother saying IMO. It's a total fail on your part. Period.
    how desperate are you exactly
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

Sorry it was FOX News' agenda from day to do this. CNN is Johnny come lately. At least they run corrections on shit they get wrong.

I was giving a reason for his last question. OP wants to spew his belief so others keep hearing it and maybe start to believe it too. Streamers do it constantly.

People like you that make up your opinion based on METACRITIC reviews(overall other people opinions) are worse than those that are in denial about the state of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3.1 score for BfA is probably because of the large echo-chamber that is the internet right now.
    Sorry but that's BS. If that was the case, then Legion wouldn't have 7.5(?) but 4.5. People just don't like almost any of the new features so they bomb it with 1 star (the whole 1 or 10 star).

BfA isn't great, but it's def not as bad as Cata or WoD was. Cata and WoD actually caused me to unsub around x.1 and go play other games.
    Honestly, BfA managed to do that for me after 6 weeks in Beta. I was in Beta since the very beginning. I didn't like any of the features I saw and I knew that even with "pruning", I wouldn't like them so I decided to unsub and wait for the next expansion.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly "thousands of people can't be wrong." is wrong. - Millions of people can be wrong. You can see that every day in the real world.

Secondly, as others have said, you don't like certain aspects of WoW. Other people do.

I have to laugh about the "mass exodus" in this expansion comments. This expansion met or exceeded expectations for Blizzard in terms of sales and post-launch performance as per the latest quarterly reports. People have been calling this game trash since it was in beta, and with every expansion or every major patch even people have said it became more of a dumpster fire, but millions of people still play it and enjoy it and pay monthly (Whether you pay in cash or you pay in gold, Blizzard still gets their money.) to play it.

The game doesn't cater to the type of player that I am as much as it used to, though it still gives me compelling content, and no other MMO offers anything even remotely close to WoW's Mythic raiding experience, so I'm still here. If I was a PvPer I probably would have quit ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Sorry but that's BS. If that was the case, then Legion wouldn't have 7.5(?) but 4.5. People just don't like almost any of the new features so they bomb it with 1 star (the whole 1 or 10 star).
    Not quite. Legion was easily the most well received expansion in ages. It was a really great expansion. BfA, less so. BfA has the same quality of content in terms of dungeons and raids that Legion had, but Azerite feels like a downgrade and the lack of things like Legendaries is very unappealing to the casuals, so it doesn't feel like as great of an expansion for them. Those of us that are more hardcore players have less to do than we did in Legion because we're not farming AP and legendaries until our eyes bleed. The new features in BfA aren't as compelling as the new features in Legion. BfA is a pretty average expansion. This leads to a lot of negativity, more so than is deserved, influencers take advantage of this for free money, and Blizzard flubbed Blizzcon pretty hard. That combination of things created an absolute shitstorm and BFA as a result gets a lot more negativity than it deserves. Is it a great expansion? No. It's ... average. It's better than WoD and Cata. According to Blizzard so far BfA has met or exceeded their expectations. WoD and Cata did neither.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2019-03-11 at 05:46 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

''I don't like WoW. Therefore, if you like what I don't like then you're in denial.''

Sure fella, tell me all about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post

Honestly, BfA managed to do that for me after 6 weeks in Beta. I was in Beta since the very beginning. I didn't like any of the features I saw and I knew that even with "pruning", I wouldn't like them so I decided to unsub and wait for the next expansion.
    Why are you getting so bothered from someone's opinions? Relax dude. I'm enjoying BfA more than I did Cata/MoP. If you don't agree with my opinion you can do so without getting offended about it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you getting so bothered from someone's opinions? Relax dude. I'm enjoying BfA more than I did Cata/MoP. If you don't agree with my opinion you can do so without getting offended about it.
    I am not bothered by your opinion nor do I care (with all due respect)... I never once told anyone "stop enjoying something because it's crap" or something. The fact is that most of the features they added in BfA are meh or bad. But people have various tastes. A certain group will like the meh, another group will hate the meh. And BfA features were mostly received negatively. That's why the scores are below average. Again, if you do enjoy it, then good for you! But I simply don't care. Personally, I didn't enjoy any part of this expansion and a lot of others don't like it as well. Saying "oh, it's just that time of the year that people just bomb to bomb" and I explained that if that's the case, that would happen to Legion too. What you said sounded like you are in denial. If you enjoy something, doesn't mean that "something" is good.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!