Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its called an opinion.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Using the logic that "the game got old, people are bored" is not compatible with the fact that the game has changed dramatically over the years. The game has changed for the worse, people are still hungry for good MMOs, especially WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Ironic coming from a guy who is a part of a group that denigrates everyone who dares like the game and calls them "fan boys" or "white knights". You are the pot calling the kettle black.
    I don't denigrate people who legit enjoy BfA. I mean, if someone likes it, who am I to tell them that they're doing it wrong? However, I do have issues with those folks who denigrate anyone who doesn't like BfA or otherwise poses some form of criticism.

Says the guy who starts his post with name calling. How about you take yoru own advice?
    The hamster person I quoted said that he/she was often being called a Blizzard shill. I merely took his/her words, reading comprehension ftw.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-03-02 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

All of these people can't be wrong.
    Yes, they can. And they are.

You simply can't trust Metacritic scores for a game like WoW. The player base is the people suggesting the scores. And a lot of people say ESO is better, which, we can all agree, it is not. THe combat is awful.

My point is, WoW has been so FULL of haters from the very beginning. And the people who cry the most (OP) are the ones who get heard. So THOSE are the only people who are going to that site and downvoting it. People who enjoy the game, are busy enjoying the game. Not going to some website to tell the website they're enjoying the game.

Is wow in its current form amazing? No.
    Even though wow isn't amazing, is it still better than most other MMOs out there? Yes, by a wide margin.
    Are people still allowed to enjoy wow, even though people like the OP think the game is trash? Of course they are.

Stop complaining about a game. You spend so much time hating on wow, that you probably never enjoyed it to begin with. And accept the fact that just because you don't like something, doesn't mean EVERYONE has to share your opinion. I fucking hate cilantro, but almost everyone I know loves it. I'm not mad at them for that. In short, fucking grow up.

More so, I read about 50 reviews on the site. And its just hate. People hating Ion, people hating trolls, people just hating the game because it isnt the way THEY wanted it. Stop feeling entitled that a game should be made the way you want it to. The people giving this game a 0, literally are just tipping the scale because they're upset. Because I've played some games that range from a 0-5, and WoW, even in BFA form, isn't one of them. Not even close.
    Last edited by agentsi; 2019-03-02 at 07:41 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of the most notable trolls.
    ... said the blizzard whiteknight...
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    "Stop liking the things that I hate!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly useful post like most things on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Don't worry. BFA's ratings mean we're gonna get a sick expansion like Legion to save WoW again
    This does seem to be the pattern. Like we can only have a good expansion every four years.

Lets get this PvP shit out the way with BFA then move on to the good stuff!

Blizzard is not going to change the game to cater to forum users, true gamers or RPG geeks.
    They already found a decent community paying billions of dollars.

Just imagine you are the Blizzard CEO.
    Hey look this year we have made billions of dollars, our products are awesome.

How else do you expect this to go?

If you are unhappy with the game, sorry to tell you, that doesnt mean the game is bad.
    That means the game was not made for you.
    You are not the target audience.

WoD is bad but atleast it feels like an expansion.

BfA feels like something that should have happened before Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

All of these people can't be wrong.
    Subs didn't stagnate in MoP, like most expansions it dropped an average of 100k a month and ended about 2.4m below Cata's lowest point. Also, what's your source for saying Legion saw an increase in subs?

Game is fine for 4-5 hours per week. There is more then 1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Game is fine for 4-5 hours per week. There is more then 1 game.
    I think WoW should be able to entertain players 100%...but what do i know...im not the target audience.
    But i think a game where you pay almost 160 euros a year...it should be able to have content for you 100% of the time.
    You are paying all months after all.

Bah, i dont know, i just think it COULD. Not sure if it SHOULD.

I have been a fan of blizzard games since starcraft 1/war1/diablo1.
    Played every PC title they made and enjoyed almost everything they did.

WOD and Legion had their flaws but it was still a game i wholeheartedly recommended to friends.
    I also played every wow expansion for at least 70% of its lifespan if not longer.
    Often WoW would be the game i play for most of my free time with other titles like Hitman struggling to draw my attention.

Unfortunately Battle for Azeroth is not a proper blizzard product... it is an ill conceived, ill designed and badly implemented mess.
    I played it for merely a few weeks and quit in disappointment and frustration, especially over the gutted over-pruned classes and the Ass-erite system.

Sad thing is that now i am looking for a RPG-type game with COOP elements to fill up my time...
    I would rather have WOW take that role back again but the current expansion is just too damn awful and the gameplay too unenjoyable.
    Im hoping the Azshara or post Azshara patch will make BFA at least a bit playable for me as well as many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The 3.1 score for BfA is probably because of the large echo-chamber that is the internet right now. BfA isn't great, but it's def not as bad as Cata or WoD was. Cata and WoD actually caused me to unsub around x.1 and go play other games. BfA has problems, but the PvP (excluding WM) is the best it's been for a while. BoD is one of the best raids since NH. M+ is pretty fun with the new Reaping affix.

AP and class pruning is the biggest issue that needs to be looked at.
    You’re the minority. It’s not an echo chamber. Shit product is shit product.

That "score" is just an average. Most people don't like it, but millions of people still like the game. Why do you care if someone likes a bad game?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    ... said the blizzard whiteknight...
    ANd exhibit B. Thanks for proving my point. you guys are so predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    You’re the minority. It’s not an echo chamber. Shit product is shit product.
    Your opinion is not fact. And you have no clue what the minority is. You're projecting hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion is not fact. And you have no clue what the minority is. You're projecting hard.
    You're the minority. Shit product is shit product.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Correct.

Out of context. Without saying in which context it's happening, you misconstrue that feeling as being completely arbitrary and injustified.

[Citation required]

Ad hominem.

In short, if you want to be taken seriously instead of a Blizzard shill (a statement I am neither for nor against), you could start by providing proper arguments instead of name calling, wild assumptions and half truths.
    They get what they give. You're also pretty good at taking things out of context yourself if you truly believe that every argument I've ever made for or against the game is summed up right there.

I'm taken seriously by the people that matter, thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They're so caught up in their little cirkle-jerk that they'll lash out hard with the only terms they know at anyone daring to disagree. Their taste is objectively superior, let's not forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    You're the minority. Shit product is shit product.
    Is a shit product TO YOU

A RPG geek
    A so called "true gamer"
    A forum dweller

Whatever you describe yourself as. Is a shit product to you.

One of the first things i learned in 8 years on MMO Champion is that i am part of a minority group and that different people have different opinions and lives.
    You shoudl learn that as fast as possible.
    "We are all different."