Help with missdirect macro

Anyone know how to fix this macro? Now when i use it and i dont have focus, my character just /s “missdirect on %f” and target pets.

Can i add a line to make a if() no focus, hide /s when i target pet?

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [target=focus,help][help][target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
    /s Missdirect on %f

/run if GetSpellCooldown(35079)==0 then SendChatMessage("MD => "..UnitName("focus")..".", IsInGroup(2) and "INSTANCE_CHAT" or IsInRaid() and "RAID" or IsInGroup() and "PARTY")end
    /cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

Works in groups/raids/instances, it will only announce in chat if you got a focus target. If you have no focus target, MD will still go off to your pet but without the announce,
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    /run if GetSpellCooldown(35079)==0 then SendChatMessage("MD => "..UnitName("focus")..".", IsInGroup(2) and "INSTANCE_CHAT" or IsInRaid() and "RAID" or IsInGroup() and "PARTY")end

Works in groups/raids/instances, it will only announce in chat if you got a focus target. If you have no focus target, MD will still go off to your pet but without the announce,
    Thx! Got this one to work:

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [target=focus,help][help][target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
    /script if(UnitExists(“focus”)) then SendChatMessage(“Misdirect on %f”);print(“Show LUA Errors: Off”);end

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to make me able to cast Misdirect on someone not in my group/raid? Or is [help] the thing that makes it only work in group? I also noticed that i couldnt Misdirect someone on a mount? Is that new?
    Last edited by centrius; 2019-03-29 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by centrius View Post
    I also noticed that i couldnt Misdirect someone on a mount? Is that new?
    It's to prevent people to put aggro on a mounted player which makes kiting hell of a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by centrius View Post
    Thx! Got this one to work:

Or is [help] the thing that makes it only work in group?
    [help] is just as enemy/friend check, since you can focus target enemys too but not MD them. I dislike /s macros because of the bubble chat above my character, I preffer chat announce in the P/R/I channels.

If you don't check for spellcooldown and you spam the key, you get a lot of chat spam.
    If the macro-256-limit would not exist, I would preffer this one:

/run if IsSpellInRange(GetSpellInfo(35079),target)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(35079)==0 then SendChatMessage("MD => "..UnitName("target")..".", IsInGroup(2) and "INSTANCE_CHAT" or IsInRaid() and "RAID" or IsInGroup() and "PARTY")end

because it checks for Spell in range and Spell cooldown, so you don't spam the macro when you cant target/use the spell at all. Useless chat spam is the worst thing I can imagine.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-03-29 at 12:10 PM.
    -

Excellent thread. Helpful!!!!