Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    You're gonna be really disappointed when people with more information at their disposal simply don't bother with those group quests this time around. Most of them are a huge waste of time.
    Past tense, everyone will think they are Rambo for the first week. Wait for the /1 anyone want to team up for <insert quest>

Edit: as a side note, people are stupid.

What a revelation, thank you op for enlightening us. Tell us, did you even play real Vanilla? Or are you another "veteran" from broken private servers who discovered Vanilla few years ago?
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

All this talk about how " hard " leveling was and you didn't once mention the amount of ganking that was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    What a revelation, thank you op for enlightening us. Tell us, did you even play real Vanilla? Or are you another "veteran" from broken private servers who discovered Vanilla few years ago?
    I was not trying to sound smart or anything. I know the vast majority already knows this.
    I wanted the few people who are gonna get caught by surprise...to not be.
    Doing everything i can to make this project succeed. Not much i can do

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    You grouped up to get the job done, there was none of this gogogogogogo I must be level 60 two hours ago mentality back then.
    Oh but there was. I'd know, I was there, and that was my mentality while leveling. Had to be efficient, had to get to level cap as quickly as humanly possible. My first character I grouped up and I did dungeons and that was a mistake. My second character skipped that bullshit and got to level cap in half the time, and with each subsequent alt that I leveled throughout Vanilla I tried to shave even more time off the /played when I hit 60 and was successful in doing so. At no point was grouping efficient or worthwhile unless like I said to @Togabito you're waiting on a named mob to spawn and other players are standing around waiting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Eh yall assume way too much I think about the level of hurry most people will be in. Most of the players will be pretty casual and they will be there just to play and enjoy themselves. Keep in mind MMO-Champion has always been a bastion of more serious players, so that hurry up and get raiding mentality is much stronger here than you will find in most players.

I suspect most won't be in any hurry, in fact may even take longer than they did originally so they can do some things they may have missed. They will run 5 mans, and do elite quests, and level professions.

This thing isnt going anywhere, the content is finite. There is zero reason to get in any hurry for most people.
    I think people are overestimating the amount of casuals that will attempt Classic and actually stick to it. For most casuals this game is going to feel like a serious downgrade and I can't see them sticking with it. For everyone that's super excited about it on these forums and others, they've likely done this before, and we have access to a ton of guides. Content may be finite, but there is no reason to waste time leveling slowly. It makes much more sense to get to level cap and start gearing up. Leveling is just a hurdle to getting to the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What if there is already players right beside you?
    One, is more time efficient to group up to do a quest area with high density of mobs. period
    paragraph
    You are forgetting about the "Tag" system from your own faction.
    Is more time efficient to group up instead of fighting for mobs in quest areas.
    I'm not forgetting about the tag system. The tag system is irrelevant to the discussion. Respawn rates were longer, and if you're right there waiting for a mob to respawn and there are some people from your faction, sure attempt to group up, but if you're just running around collecting 12 bear butts for a quest it's more efficient for fight for the tag because quest item drops didn't work the way that they do now.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No need to warn anyone. Millennials won't play it anyway because Classic is the opposite of instant gratification. And most people who are interested in classic have already played it.
    You do realize milennials were the main original vanilla players right? Do you mean generation z or you just be contrary to be an ass?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    30-42 level range still gives me nightmares. The number of times I just gave up an rerolled at 33... STV and Shimmering Flats *shivers in rage*
    I’m honestly considering going PvE realm just because of STV ganking, well ganking in general.
    I would always do a level in shimmering flats. You just did a couple of laps killing everything and by the time you've gone round twice you'll have completed them all and you'll ding handing in the quests.

Vanilla had real character progression and leveling was a massive part of that progression, gear lasted longer and when you got a good upgrade you noticed it, a new talent point felt like a difference. You explored, you got lost and the world felt massive.
    Last edited by Whistl3r; 2019-03-13 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Oh but there was. I'd know, I was there, and that was my mentality while leveling. Had to be efficient, had to get to level cap as quickly as humanly possible. My first character I grouped up and I did dungeons and that was a mistake. My second character skipped that bullshit and got to level cap in half the time, and with each subsequent alt that I leveled throughout Vanilla I tried to shave even more time off the /played when I hit 60 and was successful in doing so. At no point was grouping efficient or worthwhile unless like I said to @Togabito you're waiting on a named mob to spawn and other players are standing around waiting as well.

I think people are overestimating the amount of casuals that will attempt Classic and actually stick to it. For most casuals this game is going to feel like a serious downgrade and I can't see them sticking with it. For everyone that's super excited about it on these forums and others, they've likely done this before, and we have access to a ton of guides. Content may be finite, but there is no reason to waste time leveling slowly. It makes much more sense to get to level cap and start gearing up. Leveling is just a hurdle to getting to the end game.

What's the purpose of getting in a hurry? Just so you can quit faster? The reason I think most won't be in near as much hurry is no one has to worry about it going anywhere. Blizzard isn't going to shut it down. I think there will be a group that does get in a big hurry, but I really don't think it will be that large. Every time there has been discussion on it a good chunk of the posters have said they won't be in a hurry because they want to enjoy the journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was at university at the time of the early half of Vanilla WoW so leveling took me far longer than most. So for me vanilla was a large part of leveling by default :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait until they’re walking for 40 levels on top of it.

I will say this; if loot tables/drop rates stay the same I would love to farm up a Penduluum of Doom and have a 39 ret.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2019-03-13 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    What's the point in any of your posts? Go back to the main board. All you do is come here to bitch and moan.
    I don't need your permission to post my opinion, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Wait until they’re walking for 40 levels on top of it.
    This is going to be a disaster isnt it?
    At first i was so confident this project would be a success.
    But now im afraid i want it to succeed so bad

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not only do you get less xp per kill/quest, but people will be in trouble if they don't fill their bags with food/drink because 1-3 pulls is typically the "plop my ass down and eat and drink" time.
    They will be forced to walk everywhere (there were less FPs, no buddy mounts, etc) and say "Oh, this quest wants me to go to Tanaris, but I'm in Org and the closest FP is Ratchet. Guess I'll walk for 30 minutes while navigating around mobs and pathing through the entirety of thousand needles hoping something doesn't aggro me (or worse, bring a friend) and kill me, sending me to a graveyard 600 yards in the other direction".

Yes, there are ample amounts of threads about it, but I really don't think people understand the time sink that leveling was, especially if you didn't do it as a group (what the speed levelers do, 90% of the population will never sniff).
    Prepare for 250-300 hours of leveling to 60, just so you can then go back to Mara and DM to grind lower level poorly itemized gear and spend a shitload more hours grinding everything else (mats for profs, fire resist, etc).
    It's not going to be a "well, I'll log in for 30 minutes and do a dungeon", it will be "I'll log in for 30 minutes and check my mail" because that's about all you will get done in that time.

That's the real warning.
    don't have 2-3 hours minimum per day? Get ready to accomplish a whole lotta nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I have 3 points for you Rokpanda
    1) This is why the min max mentality is so boring.
    2) Gladly most people dont know any of this and dont have a route prepared beforehand
    3) What about QUESTS that require you to enter a castle with high mob density like in Arathi Highlands Ogre quest hub?
    Aww man. Jintha'alor. What instances would be if they weren't instances. I still have a couple of the people I ran that place with in classic on my friend's list.

Spend money on enchants that will help you kill things quicker.
    I think this one will surprise people.
    You don't replace every piece of gear every other level while leveling in vanilla, with a piece sometimes lasting ten or even more levels.
    When the fastest known time for reaching sixty is still nearly a hundred twenty hours, and knowing the average non hardcore player will take far longer than even that, yeah you're gonna be sitting on those enchantments long enough for them to not be a waste of your money.

But I'll do whatever time inefficient quests I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    I would always do a level in shimmering flats. You just did a couple of laps killing everything and by the time you've gone round twice you'll have completed them all and you'll ding handing in the quests.

Vanilla had real character progression and leveling was a massive part of that progression, gear lasted longer and when you got a good upgrade you noticed it, a new talent point felt like a difference. You explored, you got lost and the world felt massive.
    Character progression and social structure/interaction were the two things that were exceptional i Vanilla, the rest was mediocre at best ...especially when compared to the following 2-3 expansions.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Character progression and social structure/interaction were the two things that were exceptional i Vanilla, the rest was mediocre at best ...especially when compared to the following 2-3 expansions.
    Itemization is said to be on of the worst (Vanilla's)
    But to me was one of the best.
    The "randomness" of it.
    A blue could be better than a epic.
    A MC weapon could be better than a BWL weapon.

Is all over the place (and it ends up giving replayability to old content)

Its amazing to me...but is known to be the worst

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I don't need your permission to post my opinion, thank you.
    See, you can post without being negative

Leveling in classic really isn't as hard as it seems. Most people just did it wrong back then.

Fight green level mobs. Spend money on enchants that will help you kill things quicker. Ignore quests that aren't worth the time investment.

When people say "leveling a warrior was so hard" etc that's because they were trying to fight yellow con mobs which would dodge and parry half their attacks. Fight mobs 2-3 levels lower and it was easy as cake for almost the same XP.
    When people say leveling warrior was hard it's mostly because they are insanely bad geared. On private servers i can see warriors in 10+ level lower greens wielding equally low weapon dying on normal yellow mobs.

You dont need any enchants. Just keep your gear updated and maximize your strength stat. You dont need even stamina or armor as long as you have enough strength to squish the mobs. Stacking some spirit regens your health back super fast and makes you an unstoppable killing machine.

This applies ofc only to pve. PvP is a completely different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's not hard, just boring and tedious. I'd rather play any grindy korean mmo than that shit again.
    You mean bfa ?