Return Burning Crusade Warlock

Hey guys,

I am returning with my Warlock to WoW.

Did I narrowed it down right, that I have to play Demonology for Raid/M+ and Destruction fur PvP? Destruction maybe viable in high m+ keys ?

Oops, if you havent touched warlocks since bc, you are in for a surprise...

However what you said is quite on point. Some situational changes perhaps depending on your team, but thatsit.
    Last edited by Spiel; 2019-03-08 at 05:20 PM.

M+ : Pretty much demonolgy only
    Raiding : All 3 specs are viable but (currently) demo is top mostly due to 3 explosive potential trait stacking which is getting nerfed next week

Warlock isn't the tanky caster of old, that is for sure. But it is still a mostly fun class to play. All specs are viable in raids, and anything ST related. M+ like you have mentioned as well as the other folks, you have to be Demo for pushing. No other spec can keep up with AoE on packs and reaping. Aff is okay 15+ on a Tyranical week, but it would still lose out overall to demo, if you can play it at the same level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by er4di View Post
    Hey guys,

Did I narrowed it down right, that I have to play Demonology for Raid/M+ and Destruction fur PvP? Destruction maybe viable in high m+ keys ?
    Every spec is great to insanely good, demo got completely out of hand resulting in it getting (rightfully so) demolished next week.

If I was you, I would just play any spec you enjoy the most. I feel like none of them are bad picks, but I mainly play Destruction, little bit of Affliction and can't comment on demo.

Personally I play Destruction for Raid and M+, and I get along fine, though I'm pretty casual. I tend to sit mid table depending on the fight style.

Quote Originally Posted by er4di View Post
    Hey guys,

Chances are that you won't have to play Demonology in anything aside from m+ anymore, if that. Destruction seems to become the most competitive spec in BoD after the Demo nerf in 8.1.5. M+ completely depends on how high you're talking, warlock won't be played by any team in MDI most likely, but Demonology and Destruction should still fare relatively well, Affliction not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltkappa View Post
    Chances are that you won't have to play Demonology in anything aside from m+ anymore, if that. Destruction seems to become the most competitive spec in BoD after the Demo nerf in 8.1.5. M+ completely depends on how high you're talking, warlock won't be played by any team in MDI most likely, but Demonology and Destruction should still fare relatively well, Affliction not so much.
    If he isn't pushing for realm firsts etc, demo will be completely fine in raids. It's just a bitter pill how much worse it will be compared to the insanely overpowered powerhouse it is now (without any kinda utility though).

But yeah, destruction seems to be the best pick in 8.1.5, with affliction trailing closely behind and even shining on some fights.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-03-08 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can play whatever you like. Warlocks are pretty great now overall all around and it's not like you are suddenly going to jump into content where spec differences really matter. By the time you get there, if at all, you will know better anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Warlock isn't the tanky caster of old, that is for sure. But it is still a mostly fun class to play. All specs are viable in raids, and anything ST related. M+ like you have mentioned as well as the other folks, you have to be Demo for pushing. No other spec can keep up with AoE on packs and reaping. Aff is okay 15+ on a Tyranical week, but it would still lose out overall to demo, if you can play it at the same level.
    Probably a dumb question...am I a jerk for going destro in LFR as a casual player?
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalker View Post
    Probably a dumb question...am I a jerk for going destro in LFR as a casual player?
    Destro is a great spec for raids, especially LFR. In LFR you can't go wrong. All three locks specs are great. Just play what you like and you're good.