Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    The Russian demon episode was cool....should've been made a game or tv series.
    Yeah, that was a good one. There were so many good ones. I liked the one where ship misses their hyper jump, the one where the girl witnesses a murder loop, the bad luck #13 ship kinda tugged my heart strings at the end.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Whelp this thread it getting me to actually check it out! BETTER NOT LET ME DOWN FAM

Some of them were kinda cool premises and I'd like to see more, but overall it was just a collection of disjointed short stories. The animatrix at least served to flesh out one singular universe. I'm sure this would make a great a demo to pitch some new series ideas, but overall it just leaves me unsatisfied, because by the time you get into one of the stories it's already over.

Edit: I also feel like this should have been called "Cats, Death & Robots" .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-02 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Some of them were kinda cool premises and I'd like to see more, but overall it was just a collection of disjointed short stories. The animatrix at least served to flesh out one singular universe. I'm sure this would make a great a demo to pitch some new series ideas, but overall it just leaves me unsatisfied, because by the time you get into one of the stories it's already over.

Edit: I also feel like this should have been called "Cats, Death & Robots" .
    There was definitely a few cat lovers involved in those shorts lol.

I'd not seen any great reviews on it but thought I'd give it a go. (Most reviews I saw were just "bla bla sexism, bla bla objectifying woman bla bla metoo era bla bla")

Good series. Bit of a mixed bag, some were really great though.

I especially enjoyed -
    ZIMA BLUE (I empathise with that guy)
    AQUILA RIFT (Neat story)
    WITNESS (A little predictable but amazing animation)

+A special mention to Three Robots and Good Hunting as they seemed more like pilots to shows that I would totally watch.

Not going to lie though, some of them, like Sonnie's edge and Shapeshifters just seemed WAY too try-hard cool.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Beyond the Aquila Rift is probably my favorite, I enjoyed watching it so much that I actually looked up the original story that the episode was based off of.

2. Three Robots (love the dry, nihilistic humor while still managing to stay colorful and aesthetically pleasing)

3. Good Hunting (love the blend of fantasy and steampunk, didn't expect it to go the direction it did)

4. Zima Blue (loved the animation style and the premise, it felt very Asimov)

5. Secret War (very interesting premise, I love gritty, winter environments, the plot left a lot to be desired though)

The rest were enjoyable but not something I would neccesarily want to watch twice. I hope Netflix really sticks with this show though, I would love to see a more diverse set of stories. If this takes off it could really become the Twilight Zone of the late 2010s-2020s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we getting a season 2.

Honestly didn't think it was happening but I am super happy it is. I loved all the animations from the first season all the different styles was great to see. Cannot wait to see what they got for us in season 2
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-23 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looks like we getting a season 2.

Honestly didn't think it was happening but I am super happy it is. I love all the nimations from the first season all the different styles was great to see. Cannot wait to see what they got for us in season 2
    Season 3 is already greenlit as well.

I really REALLY enjoyed the 1st season so im very much looking forward to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see here that even a third season is coming, these short 'movies' are rather fun to watch and it's varied style really compliments how far animation has come.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

5+ Year Old Account
    Blade Runner pre-world war Terminus? Uhm, okay, but why?

Then u remove everything that made those two movies, do we need a backstory?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Only seven episodes is very disappointing, its half of what was available in season 1... especially seeing as each episode is short anyway

yes it felt short but i liked all of them.
    i'm just happy to get more of these it reminds me of all those shorts on youtube i watched a couple of years ago. it's a great format.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    8 for Vol 2, but that's still less than half of Vol 1 at 18.

I don't think I'm really disappointed, tbh. Be nice to have more, sure, but I enjoyed what I got anyway. And we at least know there are more on the way.

Maybe COVID just impacted them more than we may have thought /shrug
    Yea I should have added I did enjoy the series though. Made myself come off super negative there haha.

Less than half the episodes of the first season... this just half the initial release or is that it? :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Bummer that there were so few episodes, but, they were all so good. Thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of s2 with "Snow in the Desert" being my favorite. Would love to see a lot more of this type of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    only enjoyed customer service one and father Christmas, rest were forgettable.

I felt like the first two episodes were poor but then it picked up. Many great episodes, with 3 or 4 probably being my favourite. Overall I think the season was better than the first, some of the episodes were really hard if not impossible to tell that they were CGI (the one with the crashed ship in particular). But a bit short perhaps as mentioned.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

omg that christmas episode was hilarious

5+ Year Old Account
    ep3 was well made graphically, that's the only good thing I can say about that disgusting toxic n sexist episode, and those are terms I normally dislike seeing being used.

Overall, it was shit season, u could see from a mile away how every ep would end..

At least do something entertaining like those starcraftesque space farmers fighting hordes of monsters, but no, lets just do cringe edgelord shit, who wrote it, some edgy teenager?

Meh.